Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boyd lately
Love T-Clutch

He has been sort of MIA lately though.

We need him back in the mix.

They can’t stop all 3 targets!
Reply/Quote
No play calls other than deeper stuff it seems... Hence 9 sacks....
Reply/Quote
Had a huge TD just last week…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Plus Uzomah has kind of taken over as Burrow’s security blanket lately.

Reply/Quote
He gets overshadowed by the flashier receptions of his colleagues

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He just doesn't get a lot of targets for some reason.

I don't know if Burrow just locks in on Chase and Higgins or what.

But when his number gets called, he almost always delivers.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Love T-Clutch

Tell me you don't watch the games without telling me you watch the games.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

?? He had a terrific game last week

Just like Tee was a ghost against the raiders last week, but had 96 yards against the titans

Different guys are gonna step up on different occasions.

I’m more worried about Tee’s drops
Reply/Quote
Hard eye roll.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tell me you don't watch the games without telling me you watch the games.

Scoring a TD in 4 out of 5 games isn't bad?  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Hes our slot guy and Burrow gets sacked alot which took away 9 possible targets yesterday and teams are keeping at least 2 over top on every play because of Chase. So I just dont think hes open alot. All the deeper routes are going to Chase and Uzomah is the designated short distance guy because hes so big and sure handed. Tee has even kinda taken over the short yardage slant role.

So all his top duties have been outsourced to younger guys which is fine because hes a great teammate and a winner. When he does get targets he usually catches them
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ?? He had a terrific game last week

Just like Tee was a ghost against the raiders last week, but had 96 yards against the titans

Different guys are gonna step up on different occasions.

I’m more worried about Tee’s drops

Against the Raiders I thought Tee's drops were just really tough catches. But this week he kept repeatedly dropping it when he was contacted shortly after the receptions. A little concerning since it happened multiple times. Hopefully he focusing in on it a little extra this week.
Reply/Quote
Guys- not every receiver is going to get huge numbers every week. Chase had over 100, Higgins almost 100, CJ over 70. This is a good problem to have.
Reply/Quote

(01-23-2022, 07:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Guys- not every receiver is going to get huge numbers every week. Chase had over 100, Higgins almost 100, CJ over 70. This is a good problem to have.

This is the issue with so many weapons. Someone is going to post weak numbers. There are only so many pass attempts in a game, and not every play will be designed to target you... Good teammates shrug it off... Divas get all pissy and throw a fit and demand a trade (e.g. OBJ)
Reply/Quote
Their saving the best for last.

Reply/Quote
I have 99 problems and Tyler Boyd isn’t one of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:17 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Against the Raiders I thought Tee's drops were just really tough catches. But this week he kept repeatedly dropping it when he was contacted shortly after the receptions. A little concerning since it happened multiple times. Hopefully he focusing in on it a little extra this week.

Most of his drops are on contested catches.  He's like 36% for his career in contested catch situations, which isn't very good considering how big he is.  He makes some highlight reel grabs in those situations here and there, but he doesn't make those tough catches as a general rule.  He's still a good player and is productive, but it's a weakness in his game.
Reply/Quote
TB is clutch. He's out there working. No doubt in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I have 99 problems and Tyler Boyd isn’t one of them.

Posted yesterday:

(01-22-2022, 11:50 PM)Destro Wrote: First step is admitting you have a problem.

Got 99 problems, but the Bengals ain't one!

Cool
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to flame the OP when Boyd only has 10 catches for 79 yards in the last 3 weeks combined. It's fair to wonder about Boyd.

That said, I think it's obvious he's the 3rd option and in some weeks the 4th option behind Uzomah. It's a good luxury to have a guy with multiple 1000 yard seasons as your 3rd-4th guy, and fortunately he's been a team player about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote