Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boyd lately
(01-23-2022, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to flame the OP when Boyd only has 10 catches for 79 yards in the last 3 weeks combined. It's fair to wonder about Boyd.

That said, I think it's obvious he's the 3rd option and in some weeks the 4th option behind Uzomah. It's a good luxury to have a guy with multiple 1000 yard seasons as your 3rd-4th guy, and fortunately he's been a team player about it.

I would hope so. We’re winning. I’m sure it’s more fun than those seasons where he was the entire offense, but we were terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to flame the OP when Boyd only has 10 catches for 79 yards in the last 3 weeks combined. It's fair to wonder about Boyd.

That said, I think it's obvious he's the 3rd option and in some weeks the 4th option behind Uzomah. It's a good luxury to have a guy with multiple 1000 yard seasons as your 3rd-4th guy, and fortunately he's been a team player about it.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will add he catches everything thrown his way and that's a valuable 3rd or 4th option. 

Very happy he has been a team player about this too because WR's that have had a couple 1,000 yds seasons rarely keep their mouth shut when not targeted often. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to flame the OP when Boyd only has 10 catches for 79 yards in the last 3 weeks combined. It's fair to wonder about Boyd.

I think spending 4 or 5 seasons as “the guy” leading to no playoffs or winning seasons, but being the 3rd option taking him to AFC championship might be why he’s a team player about it. It leads to winning.
Reply/Quote

The last 3 weeks combined? You’re counting the week 18 Browns game?

Relax. Get some rest
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I have 99 problems and Tyler Boyd isn’t one of them.

If you're havin' receiver problems I feel bad for ya son...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Guys- not every receiver is going to get huge numbers every week. Chase had over 100, Higgins almost 100, CJ over 70. This is a good problem to have.

The thread isn’t unmerited. Most of the time this has happened in the NFL the player being left out of the loop gets upset and ends up leaving.

We just better be blessed this is happening in a winning year and be blessed that Tyler Boyd just seems like a team guy. I could absolutely see a universe in which Boyd asks for a trade
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The last 3 weeks combined? You’re counting the week 18 Browns game?

Relax. Get some rest

Boyd didn't play against Cleveland. He is talking about Kansas City, LV and Ten.

KC - 4 catches, 36 yards and a TD

LV - 4 catches, 26 yards and a TD

TEN - 2 catches, 17 yards
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:55 PM)Housh Wrote: The thread isn’t unmerited. Most of the time this has happened in the NFL the player being left out of the loop gets upset and ends up leaving.

We just better be blessed this is happening in a winning year and be blessed that Tyler Boyd just seems like a team guy. I could absolutely see a universe in which Boyd asks for a trade

Boyd is our 3rd best receiver and his stats reflect that. What do you want? Take targets from chase and Higgins to give to Boyd?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Boyd didn't play against Cleveland. He is talking about Kansas City, LV and Ten.

KC - 4 catches, 36 yards and a TD

LV - 4 catches, 26 yards and a TD

TEN - 2 catches, 17 yards

I see 2 touchdowns for the 3rd receiving option in this offense

Looks fine to me. He’ll prob score another against Kc
Reply/Quote
I keep waiting for the game where all 3 score a TD. Iirc it didn’t happen all season. This week would be a great time…

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will add he catches everything thrown his way and that's a valuable 3rd or 4th option. 

Very happy he has been a team player about this too because WR's that have had a couple 1,000 yds seasons rarely keep their mouth shut when not targeted often. 

Exactly, and we have a a great group on this team. We're loaded with team guys.

(01-23-2022, 09:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think spending 4 or 5 seasons as “the guy” leading to no playoffs or winning seasons, but being the 3rd option taking him to AFC championship might be why he’s a team player about it. It leads to winning.

Yeah I wasn't saying he shouldn't be a team player, so I'm not sure why people are acting so sensitive. Go Cards gets it. WRs are often known for diva behavior when they're not getting the ball. Even while winning. So I was just complimenting Boyd. Thats it.

(01-23-2022, 09:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The last 3 weeks combined? You’re counting the week 18 Browns game?

Relax. Get some rest

Nope. Not counting the Browns game, bud. Nice try though.

Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I keep waiting for the game where all 3 score a TD. Iirc it didn’t happen all season. This week would be a great time…

Would it ever!
Reply/Quote
With our 3 WR's its hard to cover...plus our TE!!! lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Stillllll think Boyd can be used more.

Dude has fly paper hands.

I can’t recall a slant for 5-10 yards that did NOT work w him.

I hope they don’t forget about him.

Dude can ball and is a heck of a secret weapon and 3rd WR option if they manage to lock up Tee and Chase
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to flame the OP when Boyd only has 10 catches for 79 yards in the last 3 weeks combined. It's fair to wonder about Boyd.

Yeah nothing wrong with wondering, doesn't mean you're hating.  There is though an opportunity for Joe to see him as a priority if the defense looks soft where the route sends him. More quick hitters to Boyd and CJ could be effective as a screen for keeping guys like Von Miller from pinning their ears back and rushing wide all the time.  
Reply/Quote
I don't want to lose Boyd because the Bengals don't yet have a player to replace him. Chase/Higgins are a nice duo of WRs, but giving Burrow the third weapon means so much for the offense and TB is amazing.
Reply/Quote