Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd's Not Expected To Start
Much ado about nothing.

So, he won't "start." Neither does Gio Bernard. The first set of the game, is usually a QB, a RB, a FB, 2 WR, a TE (or no FB and 2 TE) and 5 lineman.

As soon as the Bengals need to throw, which will probably be sometime within the first 5 plays of the season, Boyd will play.
Reply/Quote
I would've been blown away if we said that he was going to be the #2 before TC. Seriously, the guy will play. He's going to get a lot of looks in the slot with a few plays on the outside. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
For those saying there's not much difference between starting (being the #2 WR) and being the #3 guy, MLJ had 104 targets last year while Sanu had 49.

I'd say if LaFell is starting, he's going to see quite a few more targets than Boyd. Boyd will get on the field though, obviously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For those saying there's not much difference between starting (being the #2 WR) and being the #3 guy, MLJ had 104 targets last year while Sanu had 49.

It changes from year to year like for instance 2013 Jones had 80 targets and Sanu had 78. I think that last year was more of a product of Jones just emerging as a much better WR than Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 05:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: It changes from year to year like for instance 2013 Jones had 80 targets and Sanu had 78. I think that last year was more of a product of Jones just emerging as a much better WR than Sanu.

I think 2013 was the anomaly, not 2015.

In almost every year, our #2 has had more targets than our #3. Usually by a pretty wide margin.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:32 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lefell lafell whatever,it doesnt matter when He drops it. Ive seen video evidence of it last year.

Less drops and lower drop percentage than Edelman in his career AND he's seen more targets in his career, than Edelman.

CCould this be a troll, people?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think 2013 was the anomaly, not 2015.

In almost every year, our #2 has had more targets than our #3. Usually by a pretty wide margin.

Maybe, maybe not. TE and HB tend to effect that from year to year. Interesting to watch, but in the end impossible to tell with a new person calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
Gotta admit I don't love how LaFell is just given the #2 spot. Makes me miss the days of Jay Gruden (never met a WR he didn't like...).

Reply/Quote
Boldin still available for the slot. Better option than anybody except Boyd if Boyd isn't ready for the full time gig. He would also be a fantastic mentor.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 06:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Boldin still available. Better option than anybody not named AJ Green. He would also be a fantastic mentor.

Fixed it for you.

Boldin would immediately become the 2nd best WR on the team, and seeing as how Eifert is all cut up on, perhaps the 2nd best passing target overall on the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fixed it for you.

Boldin would immediately become the 2nd best WR on the team, and seeing as how Eifert is all cut up on, perhaps the 2nd best passing target overall on the team.

Yeah we should go get him. 

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 06:28 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Gotta admit I don't love how LaFell is just given the #2 spot. Makes me miss the days of Jay Gruden (never met a WR he didn't like...).

He was the most-proven guy when he signed and he has shown to be a reliable receiver in the NFL, which none of the rookies have.

Plus, being named the #2 right now doesn't really mean shit because it's so early.  

At first, I did want him to be the #2, but, now, as I said in the OP, I'm ok with Lafell being listed ahead of him on a meaningless depth chart, especially since I think that our offense will be so high-powered and score so much that Boyd will have plenty of opportunities, as will Core.
Reply/Quote
The 2-3 discussion is overrated am sure that Boyd will get his fair share of targets.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
1. Boldin is old and had injury problems last year. I know he still put up decent numbers, but no one plays forever and he is going to be getting worse instead of better.

2. The number of targets for the #3 WR depends a lot on how healthy Eifert is. If he is healthy the #3 WR won't see near as many targets. If not then the #3 will see almost as many targets as the #2.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Less drops and lower drop percentage than Edelman in his career AND he's seen more targets in his career, than Edelman.

CCould this be a troll, people?

Yeah if it makes you feel better call me a troll,cause i heard his hands are horrible.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 08:06 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Yeah if it makes you feel better call me a troll,cause i heard his hands are horrible.

As we all know, fans have never exaggerated anything ever.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess it's not a bad thing with a proven guy like Lafell on the team, but I was excited about Boyd starting opposite of AJ.

This article says otherwise:

I guess it's best to let him learn and ease him in slow, but I just hope that there's enough targets with Lafell taking a bunch because I'm excited about Boyd and I keep getting more and more excited about Core.

I am pretty sure "starting" was one of the chips used to get LaFell signed.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:16 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Plus, not starting doesn't mean not playing. Both Boyd and Green will be on the field at the same time as will Lafell and Boyd and Eifert and Lafell and any number of combinations.

Exactly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:32 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lefell lafell whatever,it doesnt matter when He drops it. Ive seen video evidence of it last year.

(06-02-2016, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to the video evidence please.

(06-02-2016, 04:33 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: ,i dont have video evidence no, i cant save that stuff to my phone,but a pats fan explained it and there was video of him being wide open,they decribed it as clanking off his hands,and said his hands are bad with the deeper stuff. I tend to trust them till Im proved otherwise,

Aha, no link to the video evidnce.

And Patriot fanS have sudden;y turneded into one random fan.

So how about a libk to these Patriot fans that all wanted Sanu over LaFell?  Got that?

BTW I can provide  tons of libnks of Bengal fans claiming dalton is a weak armed scrub of a QB who should have been replaced years ago.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 07:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Boldin is old and had injury problems last year.  I know he still put up decent numbers, but no one plays forever and he is going to be getting worse instead of better.

2.  The number of targets for the #3 WR depends a lot on how healthy Eifert is.  If he is healthy the #3 WR won't see near as many targets.  If not then the #3 will see almost as many targets as the #2.

1. LaFell missed more games from injury last year than Boldin did. 5 to Boldin's 2.  Nobody ever seems to be mentioning this when they talk about how Boldin was injured last year.

Also, sure, nobody plays forever, but Boldin won't get worse this year if he signs with the Bengals. Why is that? Because he would be going from Blaine Gabbert throwing him the ball to Andy Dalton throwing him the ball. His Co-WRs will go from Torrey Smith to AJ Green. Not to mention the small fact that Anquan Boldin has statistically out performed LaFell EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Lafell has been in the NFL. Also something nobody seems to ever mention.

2. Given that they went from "small surgical procedure" to hedging their bets by saying Eifert might not be ready to start the season, and might not be 100% until half way through the season, it's pretty safe to say the WRs will get a workout this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote