Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brace Yourselves for shocking news
They should have been able to get something for Glenn and couldn’t. I don’t think they’re very good at this unless they’re dealing with Al Davis.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Longest off-season ever... I tell you that much. My family has had season tickets since 05 and this is the biggest off-season I can remember 91 baby for those wondering.

Burrow can't come fast enough. Get me some free agents.. get Dalton and Kirtnogoodfornothingpatrick out of here.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow can't come fast enough. 

That's what she said.  Hilarious
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They should have been able to get something for Glenn and couldn’t. I don’t think they’re very good at this unless they’re dealing with Al Davis.

What do you think he would of been worth? Whether or not he pulled the old concussion card on the Bengals or not, we will never know for sure, but he quickly became a problem child for the organization by his comments when they pretty much made him play. I don't think he will be snatched up in FA very quickly. Somebody will need a body when they call his number.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 05:39 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And here I was hoping to read Mike was selling the team to an owner committed to winning a Super Bowl and keeping the team in Cincy...

If this team ever gets sold it will not be in Cincy more then a year or two till they find a new home.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:33 PM)jmccracky Wrote: That's what she said.  Hilarious

WhoDey2  Dammit man, I almost spit salsa on my monitor... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 01:01 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: If this team ever gets sold it will not be in Cincy more then a year or two till they find a new home.

The Reds have changed owners a bunch of times. They’re still here.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are the Bears are looking at Carr. Bengals could get left holding the bag if Brady returns to Pats. Not a lot of trade partners out there for Dalton. Some mildly interested teams could just wait for him to be released after the Bengals draft Burrow.

Actually read the opposite..potential 4 to 5 landing spots for Andy but no QBs are moving until FA
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 07:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually read the opposite..potential 4 to 5 landing spots for Andy but no QBs are moving until FA

I'm talking strictly trades. I'm sure there are several teams that would like to sign him if he's a FA. I just don't see may teams willing to give up a draft pick for a 32 year old QB on a one year deal at $17 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dari and Mel were on the radio this morning, talking about serious interest from the Bucs in Brady.  Of course, that could have just been those guys making some hype to talk about, since there is not much in actual sports to talk about right now..

No way Brady goes to the Bucs.  He wants to win.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are the Bears are looking at Carr. Bengals could get left holding the bag if Brady returns to Pats. Not a lot of trade partners out there for Dalton. Some mildly interested teams could just wait for him to be released after the Bengals draft Burrow.

Carr is only available if the Raiders land Brady...

(03-15-2020, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Brady goes to the Bucs.  He wants to win.

Arians wins everywhere he goes...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No way Brady goes to the Bucs.  He wants to win.

Link?

Do you actually follow football outside the bengals?

The bucs have a lot of things going for them that might appeal to Brady.

Good, young skill position players at wr and te.

Good, young defense.

A weakened division. Carolina is seemingly tanking. Atlanta isn’t at strong as they were. Brady makes it a two horse division.

They can draft a rb and address a few other positions in the draft and free agency.

Not state income tax.

Mostly good weather in division games.

Yeah, they’re a terrible option for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 10:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Link?

Do you actually follow football outside the bengals?

The bucs have a lot of things going for them that might appeal to Brady.

Good, young skill position players at wr and te.

Good, young defense.

A weakened division. Carolina is seemingly tanking. Atlanta isn’t at strong as they were. Brady makes it a two horse division.

They can draft a rb and address a few other positions in the draft and free agency.

Not state income tax.

Mostly good weather in division games.

Yeah, they’re a terrible option for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they were 7-9 last season even with the turnover machine. Put Brady on that team and they probably win 9-10 games. Mike Evans is exactly the kind of player he needs.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 08:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Carr is only available if the Raiders land Brady...

Arians wins everywhere he goes...

Not necessarily, rumors they are targeting Love or Hurts in the draft and are looking at RG3 and Mariota in FA.
Reply/Quote
I will say this once, and one time only. Who WOULDN'T want A. Dalton as their QB?
Reply/Quote
I've been saying it over and over. No one is gonna trade for Dalton and He wont be a starter in 2020....
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 08:16 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Who said we were going to get anything for him?  It's quite possible he gets cut and just signs as a free agent somewhere.  Too many QB's out there right now anyway.  I don't see him bringing us anything more than a 4th round pick at the very best.  We've gotta dump him anyway, so I'd just wait for that to happen if I was a GM from another team.

Hell, maybe we can resign him to be a backup for cheap when he can't find a starting gig elsewhere?

Look at the Tannehill deal.

That shows Dalton's contract to be a bargain and sets the 2022 compensatory pick at a 3rd round. That's worth more than a 4th.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dari and Mel were on the radio this morning, talking about serious interest from the Bucs in Brady.  Of course, that could have just been those guys making some hype to talk about, since there is not much in actual sports to talk about right now..

Well you have to think about it.
If BB tries to get discount again, and Tampa comes with seriously big offer, (couple that with no State taxes), then it's a significant offer.
Besides, Brady can't complain about the Wr's in TB.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Personally, I think Brady goes to Tampa for 2 non-monetary reasons.

1. Change of Scenery. See if he can win a ring somewhere else before he retires (which has to be soon)

2. Warmer climate. Brady is at the point in life where cold starts to affect your movements...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Bears have moved on to Teddy Bridgewater.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote