Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady/Pats deflate gate punishment
There should be nothing more important then the integrity of the game. I believe the penalties were fair and if I had my way the suspension would have been 6 games. They are repeat offenders.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 01:49 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don't know how I feel about this. I don't think Brady will serve 4 games. I do think underinflation helped out more than we think. Not just with throwing but with carrying and even receiving. I also think they'll modify the rules to allow for some flexibility in PSI. It's what they want, QB's flinging the ball all over the field so why not allow them to use a comfortable ball in doing it?

I think the punishment is about right this time. Confused
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 12:41 PM)BleedNBlackNOrange Wrote: Seems like you really have a thing for mr.brady . A suspension silly ? Mind you this is a team that consistently gets caught for cheating in one way or another. The fact that he went to Salem, ma and laughed it off irked me. If you didn't cheat then say it...in no way would I ever request the balls be deflated. He ruined the integrity of a game and i disagree about his performance in the Super Bowl...2 picks isn't that impressive to me. He did the crime and now he will pay with time. I promise you he won't win the appeal because he would have to produce his phone and emails in order to back his case which he already refused to do so good luck with that.

Mmm....it's Troy Vincent not roger Goodell. And it is on the basis on two things...1. Failure to cooperate with the investigation 2. Patriots prior incidences of rule breaking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/here-s-what-the-nfl-told-the-patriots-and-tom-brady-in-its-letters-221835032.html;_ylt=A0LEVwr_H1JV4nMAy6_BGOd_

I agree how long can this team keep cheating?

Now like the fox news sports guy said over here in DC "You mean to tell me if I told you all the Redskins had to do was deflate the football, lose a first and fourth round pick and be fined a million dollars you wouldnt accept that to win the Super Bowl?" Rock On
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 12:41 PM)BleedNBlackNOrange Wrote: Seems like you really have a thing for mr.brady . A suspension silly ? Mind you this is a team that consistently gets caught for cheating in one way or another. The fact that he went to Salem, ma and laughed it off irked me. If you didn't cheat then say it...in no way would I ever request the balls be deflated. He ruined the integrity of a game and i disagree about his performance in the Super Bowl...2 picks isn't that impressive to me. He did the crime and now he will pay with time. I promise you he won't win the appeal because he would have to produce his phone and emails in order to back his case which he already refused to do so good luck with that.

No I don't have a thing for Brady. I have a thing for fairness. The NFL has handled these situations very poorly, and been called out publicly for it, and now are overcompensating. The message that the NFL sends with their punishments is very confusing. Knock out your wife? 2 games. Be found guilty in a court of law for obstruction of justice in a murder case? 250k fine. Use masking agent on your doping tests? Two games.

But if you use steroids, HGH, or other PEDs, or are not completely forthcoming with and NFL investigation, then it's four games.

Something else that needs to be stressed. The Patriots are repeat offenders. Brady is NOT a repeat offender. The Pats organization got (rightfully) HAMMERED as a result. Brady is not a repeat offender. Like I stated earlier, I actually think that the NFL should have come down harder on the organization. But suspending Brady four games? Silly.
Reply/Quote
This was a reply on PFT and I got a laugh.... Kudos to the guy who put in the time to type it out.

Roger Goodell [to Ted Wells]: Consider yourself in Contempt!
Ted Wells: Tom Brady, did you order the balls bled?
Goodell: You don’t have to answer that question!
Brady: I’ll answer the question!
[to Goodell]
Brady: You want answers?
Wells: I think I’m entitled to…
Brady: You want answers?
Wells: I want the truth!
Brady: You can’t handle the truth!
[pauses]
Brady: Son, we play in a game that has balls, and those balls have to be fired by men with arms. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Mike Florio? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Indianapolis, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Indy’s loss, while tragic, probably saved ratings. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves ratings. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me throwing balls, you need me throwing balls. We use words like power, team, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the financial windfall that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football, and connect on a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Wells: Did you order the balls bled?
Brady: I did the job I…
Wells: Did you order the balls bled?!
Brady: YOU’RE G##DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!
Reply/Quote
Take away their Super Bowl and see if anyone else would even think of cheating after that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Take away their Super Bowl and see if anyone else would even think of cheating after that.

Yeah, and give it to us. You know.....just because. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: oG4r4vu.png]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Brady not cooperating is one of the big issues
Certain precedents will be set, and watched carefully by all NFL players.
How much penalty will anyone get for not cooperating is the key.

For example, .. a player is suspected of shaving points. How much penalty will he get if he refuses to turn over his phone. To stonewall.

That's the issue right now with Brady. Imagine what MIGHT be on some of the messages. Possibly messages including Belichick or Kraft.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 04:19 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Brady not cooperating is one of the big issues
Certain precedents will be set, and watched carefully by all NFL players.
How much penalty will anyone get for not cooperating is the key.

For example, .. a player is suspected of shaving points. How much penalty will he get if he refuses to turn over his phone. To stonewall.

That's the issue right now with Brady. Imagine what MIGHT be on some of the messages. Possibly messages including Belichick or Kraft.

This all the way, I wondered what else he might have on those messages. And that to me is an admission of something, whether its cheating on his wife, or saying something he is not supposed to. But he is hiding something.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:19 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Yep, liteally lied for no reason. And also the i will not give up my emails and text messages did not help either.

The biggest red flag for me is that after Wells found the text messages where McNally was calling himself "the deflator" he asked for another interview with McNally to question him about it. Not only did Kraft deny the interview, he didn't even tell McNally about the request. That speaks of huge organizational involvement, and not just Brady. Then Kraft started this lie about how Wells had already interviewed McNally 4 or 5 times. No, Wells interviewed him once. NFL security had interviewed him prior to the Wells investigation, but that's not the same thing. The Patriots org just reeks of corruption.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Take away their Super Bowl and see if anyone else would even think of cheating after that.

This is what I've said all along.

If you're really interested in preserving the integrity of the league, don't let cheaters keep their hardware. My gut reaction when I saw the slap on the wrist that NE got was "damn, I wish we'd done that". If you get to keep your trophy, then it was totally worth it.
Reply/Quote

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11247038_478620645647861_525323690_n.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: tom.brady.deflate.gate.memes.2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Two Things I've been thinking about since this whole Deflate Gate thing happened.

1. BJGE - Never fumbled in NE. Comes to Cincy and Fumbles four times.
Doesn't mean much but a deflated ball would be easier to hold and carry.

2. Bengals got trounced by the Patriots this past year. In fact you could say that the Bengals game vs. The Pats was very similar to the Pats vs the Colts.

Remember Chiefs vs Pats. Cheifs embarrassed them Media is all over the Pats and Brady for being done.
Next week Brady comes out and lights the Bengals up. Not saying they used deflated balls that game...but it makes you wonder. Did they? Was that why Brady had a massive resurrection that game?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:00 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Two Things I've been thinking about since this whole Deflate Gate thing happened.

1. BJGE - Never fumbled in NE. Comes to Cincy and Fumbles four times.
Doesn't mean much but a deflated ball would be easier to hold and carry.

2. Bengals got trounced by the Patriots this past year. In fact you could say that the Bengals game vs. The Pats was very similar to the Pats vs the Colts.

Remember Chiefs vs Pats. Cheifs embarrassed them Media is all over the Pats and Brady for being done.
Next week Brady comes out and lights the Bengals up. Not saying they used deflated balls that game...but it makes you wonder. Did they? Was that why Brady had a massive resurrection that game?

That's the thing. Everything the Patriots have done under Belichick and Brady has come into question. And it should be. They have been labeled as cheaters on multiple occasions, yet they're still allowed to play in the league. Goodell is a wuss when it comes to handing down punishment, and it's ruining the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 06:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The biggest red flag for me is that after Wells found the text messages where McNally was calling himself "the deflator" he asked for another interview with McNally to question him about it.  Not only did Kraft deny the interview, he didn't even tell McNally about the request.  That speaks of huge organizational involvement, and not just Brady.  Then Kraft started this lie about how Wells had already interviewed McNally 4 or 5 times.  No, Wells interviewed him once.  NFL security had interviewed him prior to the Wells investigation, but that's not the same thing.  The Patriots org just reeks of corruption.

Apparently the deflator was in refrence to weightloss.....This stuff is to funny you can not make this up, the patriots organization is digging a hole and covering themselves with dirt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the--deflator--was-a-term-for-losing-weight--pats-fire-back-at-wells--report-171744937.html
Reply/Quote