Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady Suspension Nullified
(09-03-2015, 04:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This had nothing to do with any misconduct related to ball deflation. If you would have been following, it was about the validity of the punishment handed out. Did Tom Brady deserve to be punished because he was found "generally aware" of balls being tampered with and was the 4 game punishment fair?

A guys first offense for an unprecedented crime? Is 4 games really necessary. No it wasn't the judge was right.
This wasn't the first-time offense in something like speeding or anything where there's no real intent to harm anything or take anything because he was knowingly breaking the rules to gain an advantage.
(09-03-2015, 11:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not that it could be brought up now, but Brady could have always just said that he liked the balls a little on the low side and the ball boy just stuck a needle in there, not realizing he was deflating them beyond the accepted psi.

Maybe, but then Brady would have had to have known that the balls had been altered after they did it, and it's highly doubtful that it was the first time, so Brady would have known that it was a reoccurring thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 11:43 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Not understanding the reasoning behind this statement.

Hopefully this leads to a steelers loss

Still a win win

I am on board with this thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 01:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This wasn't the first-time offense in something like speeding or anything where there's no real intent to harm anything or take anything because he was knowingly breaking the rules to gain an advantage.

Maybe, but then Brady would have had to have known that the balls had been altered after they did it, and it's highly doubtful that it was the first time, so Brady would have known that it was a reoccurring thing.

Altering the balls after they've been measured isn't a problem, as long as they're not changed to something outside the acceptable levels. He could have claimed that they were just intending it let "a little more air" out of them and didn't realize they were doing something illegal...but the more i think about that, the more weak it sounds, as the balls are presented to the ref before the game so the league could say "you had an opportunity to get them the way you like them beforehand"...but then Brady could have said, depending on the weather conditions, they needed to be "tweaked" just a bit more. 

More convoluted hoo-hah...

I'm just done with it all, regardless.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Altering the balls after they've been measured isn't a problem, as long as they're not changed to something outside the acceptable levels. He could have claimed that they were just intending it let "a little more air" out of them and didn't realize they were doing something illegal...but the more i think about that, the more weak it sounds, as the balls are presented to the ref before the game so the league could say "you had an opportunity to get them the way you like them beforehand"...but then Brady could have said, depending on the weather conditions, they needed to be "tweaked" just a bit more. 

More convoluted hoo-hah...

I'm just done with it all, regardless.

Yep.

Pretty much pointless to even discuss at this point.

There's a hundred different theories and we'll never know the truth.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't surprise me. Atleast he plays the Steelers first.

That is a win win for everyone else in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
http://pagesix.com/2015/09/06/robert-kraft-deflategate-judge-chat-at-hamptons-media-party/

Quote:Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party
By Emily SmithSeptember 6, 2015 | 8:24pm

Patriots owner Robert Kraft mingled with Judge Richard Berman, who overturned the NFL suspension of Tom Brady over his alleged role in Deflategate, at a Hamptons Labor Day party full of media and business power brokers.

Kraft was chatting with Berman at Discovery Communications chief David Zaslav and his wife Pam’s party at their East Hampton estate, also attended by Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, Harvey Weinstein, Lloyd Blankfeinrich, NY Giants co-owner Jon Tisch and wife Lizzie, Katie Couric, and Hilaria and Alec Baldwin.

Brady won the court battle Thursday, when Berman bashed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for “dispensing his own brand of industrial justice.” The ruling clears Brady to play in Thursday’s season opener.

A rep for the Patriots told Page Six, “It was a chance encounter at a social event with hundreds of guests. There was a brief introduction and an exchange of pleasantries that lasted no more than a couple of minutes.”

These things happen all the time...I'm sure. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote