Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard is kicking it with Burrow
(01-30-2020, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They knew that two years ago when he wasn't starting at Ohio St? Because that's when Price and Hubbard were drafted.
You'd think if they were psychic like that they'd have drafted way better the past few years  Hilarious

Drafting Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price was all a clever ruse to set up the drafting of the future GOAT QB.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL @ Dunlap's quote.

They have been really good friends for a while (they came into OSU at the same time, so same recruiting class, right? Or did Hubbard redshirt?), from everything I can gather, so this makes sense.

Both being raised in Ohio too, surely doesn't hurt.

This pretty much seems like a Cinderella story, or match made in heaven. At this point I think it's safe to say that they should be concentrating on rounds 2-7. 

The JB Bengal match seems destined. I'm not going to ***** one bit. We need a spark at QB and right now he's sparking like a downed power line.
Reply/Quote
what do we do with one venerable andy dalton?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:50 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m just going to pretend that this was the plan the entire time. Our front office was 3 steps ahead of the rest of the NFL on this one. They knew Burrow would be one of the best QB prospects in some time, brought in some of his friends to make him more comfortable, and tanked at just the right time to bring him here. Is this what it feels like to have a competent front office?

I don't know...if they were able to properly execute TWO ONSIDE KICK RECOVERIES and send a game to OT, nearly win it and blow the entire thing, then they have an incredible poker face.   Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:24 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what do we do with one venerable andy dalton?

There are multiple landing spots that would make sense. JAX with Jay Gruden as his OC again. TB with Bruce Arians. He already revived one Bengals career with CP in AZ. New England if Brady leaves. Chicago as insurance to Trubisky, but I don't think this will happen. Andy wants to go to a team and start. Miami if they skip out on QB this year. LAC. Indy. Maybe Carolina depending on Newton's future. Hell, if Brees retires and Teddy goes elsewhere, Andy may fit well in that system.

I see us trading him for no less than a 3rd. One desperate team who is in win now mode will bite. If we simply release him I will be shocked. And Andy being a mentor to Burrow is the least likely scenario.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote