Poll: Burrow contract type
Brady
Maholmes
In Betwewn
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brady or Maholmes
(12-10-2022, 03:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mahomes by a long shot if we want to keep Tee and Chase.  This is not even close, Mahomes has rolling guarantees and is extremely cap friendly.  

I didn't realize the cap friendliness of Mahomes contract. I was basing it on AAV of 50M per.

That said, team/cap friendly or highest paid. Either or he will get but what is expected?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I understand the argument but disagree. Though, it seems like elite QBs on QB priced contracts keeps the NFL parity strong. I don't think they expect QBs to pull a Burrow within 2 years. 

Case in point, LAC with Herbert is still not able to get above .500 with all the talent on his rookie contract. Once Herbert gets paid, it will really be interesting how that team goes since they are this way with a rookie contract.

It's gonna be interesting to see if Herbert even makes the playoffs on his rookie contract. 

Here's their contract sitch for the next couple years.

Signed through '22:
JK Scott
Morgan Fox
Breiden Fehoko
Kyle Van Noy
Drue Tranquill
Trey Pipkins
Nasir Adderley
Jalen Guyton (non-starter)
Deandre Carter (non-starter)

Signed through '23:
Gerald Everett
Matt Feiler
Austin Ekeler
Michael Davis
Josh Kelley (non-starter)

Signed through '24:
Herbert
Josh Palmer
Asante Samuel Jr
Dustin Hopkins
Khalil Mack
Keenan Allen
Mike Williams
Rumph II
Sebastian Joseph-Day
Kenneth Murray (non-starter)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:42 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I didn't realize the cap friendliness of Mahomes contract. I was basing it on AAV of 50M per.

That said, team/cap friendly or highest paid. Either or he will get but what is expected?

It will be up to his agent and the team to structure it so that it's not a yearly massive hit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:42 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I didn't realize the cap friendliness of Mahomes contract. I was basing it on AAV of 50M per.

He could be both.  

Very cap friendly with rolling guarantees contract worth $500M (highest ever) over 10 years.

Mahomes signed a 10 year $450M on his 3rd year. Thus he had 2 years on his rookie deal making it a 12 year deal.  The structure of the contract was a tiny $10M signing bonus, which is just $2M per year for 5 years enabling his year 4 and 5 to be immensely cap friendly.

If Joe takes this deal his year 4 could enable us to sign Tee and his year 5 to sign Chase without any problem.  With the escalation boom of the salary cap set to begin next season the most expensive years of all 3 players can be somewhat "affordable".

Reply/Quote
We all know that if Burrow takes us to another Super Bowl he’s going to be getting top pay.I think Joe would go for it all,and I don’t blame him,after the career he’s had.And,obviously,it hasn’t all been fun.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow is in line for a big PAYDAY !

He may let them structure it as friendly as possible, but his agent will make sure he gets his and Joe deserves it.  

His next contract after this one is when he may go team friendly per already being set for life.

Same as usual, always go to my brother Cards for the right choice lol
Reply/Quote