Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady really coming back?
Any takes on how this impacts us with Jensen or Gronk (or Cappa)?

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-announces-i-m-coming-back-for-23rd-season-in-tampa?campaign=Twitter_atn

Reply/Quote
Well, this probably torpedoes getting Jensen.
Reply/Quote
Ah, the drama thing with Brady.  One of the greatest ever to play the game but at this point he should stop while he was ahead.

On another note I just saw where someone just paid $518,628 for his last touchdown pass football.  That person has to be pissed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, this probably torpedoes getting Jensen.

Right? I guess we will have to see how they manipulate that already tight salary cap.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Ah, the drama thing with Brady.  One of the greatest ever to play the game but at this point he should stop while he was ahead.

On another note I just saw where someone paid $518,628 for his final touchdown pass football.  That person has to be pissed.

Holy sheeeshs..... LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, this probably torpedoes getting Jensen.

His supposed asking price is way out of our reach anyway...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Holy sheeeshs..... LOL

Yeah can you imagine paying half a million dollars for Brady's last touchdown pass only to see it was the last of the 2021 season then he goes on to throw more in 2022? But I wonder if someone with that amount of cash to blow could file some sort of lawsuit to at least recover some of the cost.  Probably not but who knows.

Tom Brady's 'Final' TD Ball Sold for $518K at Auction Prior to Return from Retirement

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10029646-tom-bradys-final-nfl-touchdown-ball-with-buccaneers-sells-for-518k-at-auction

Oh and the sale ended only a few hours before Brady announced he was playing again.  LoL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:11 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: His supposed asking price is way out of our reach anyway...

He and Bozeman will be more expensive than we were thinking.  

My question to you is:

Would you rather have a mediocre center and a good guard, or a very good center and lower level vet guard/bench guy/rookie?  (Assuming Carmen is on the other side)   There may only be 2 FA's regardless of price (most likely C & T).

I really value the Center position, we havent had a true captain on the line for a long time, how valuable is that? How much could a Jensen change the culture of the line?  How important is it to give a Joe a really good center?

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He and Bozeman will be more expensive than we were thinking.  

My question to you is:

Would you rather have a mediocre center and a good guard, or a very good center and lower level vet guard/bench guy/rookie?  (Assuming Carmen is on the other side)   There may only be 2 FA's regardless of price (most likely C & T).

I really value the Center position, we havent had a true captain on the line for a long time, how valuable is that? How much could a Jensen change the culture of the line?  How important is it to give a Joe a really good center?
I too value the importance of the Center position. I wouldn't be upset if we overpaid Jensen a little, I just believe at this point that it's out of our preferred reach. 

To answer your question, I don't have an answer. I feel like Hopkins had some flashes after the bye week. I hate riding on "what if's" and "maybes", but I feel like that's the intersection we're approaching isn't it? This is directed at us starting an unproven Carman at Guard next season. I'm not a fan at all of this idea after he couldn't beat out the worst RG in the NFL.

Jensen doesn't seem likely ($$$).

Bozeman may come slightly cheaper, but isn't a scheme fit according to the X's and O's guru's on this board.

Brian Allen is a name I see a lot lately. I wouldn't be surprised if we got him, Norwell (LG) and let Carman start at RG. This is not my preference in the slightest, but I wouldn't be devastated either. If we can pull off the Collins trade, this OL doesn't look bad at all. I would say average to slightly above average. 

LT Jonah
LG Norwell
C Allen
RG Carman
RT Collins 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:32 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I too value the importance of the Center position. I wouldn't be upset if we overpaid Jensen a little, I just believe at this point that it's out of our preferred reach. 

To answer your question, I don't have an answer. I feel like Hopkins had some flashes after the bye week. I hate riding on "what if's" and "maybes", but I feel like that's the intersection we're approaching isn't it? This is directed at us starting an unproven Carman at Guard next season. I'm not a fan at all of this idea after he couldn't beat out the worst RG in the NFL.

Jensen doesn't seem likely ($$$).

Bozeman may come slightly cheaper, but isn't a scheme fit according to the X's and O's guru's on this board.

Brian Allen is a name I see a lot lately. I wouldn't be surprised if we got him, Norwell (LG) and let Carman start at RG. This is not my preference in the slightest, but I wouldn't be devastated either. If we can pull off the Collins trade, this OL doesn't look bad at all. I would say average to slightly above average. 

LT Jonah
LG Norwell
C Allen
RG Carman
RT Collins 

Allen is a better scheme fit but he is much smaller and not as strong as Bozeman - who actually ranked 2nd in pass block wins of centers an this was his 1st year at center in the NFL.  Bozeman will get us that QB sneak yard, he may not get wide very well but he will protect Burrow which is my top priority. Bozeman and Norwell would be a wall against pass rushers but no sweeps left, lol....

I like this oline a lot but very concerned of that A gap at C and RG - Allen is not a good pass blocker, trusting Carmen is a reach right now.

That left side would be awesome... we would need Allen to really improve and hope Collins can help Carmen - but he may take a big step also they like Smith.

Reply/Quote
Allen allowed 5 sacks last season. We need someone who can protect Burrow better than that. Bozeman allowed 3 and had a higher win rate in pass protection. I dont know about the whole "he doesnt fit out system" stuff
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Allen allowed 5 sacks last season.  We need someone who can protect Burrow better than that.  Bozeman allowed 3 and had a higher win rate in pass protection.  I dont know about the whole "he doesnt fit out system" stuff

I agree.

Allen and Corbett get the same question... "How much did they benefit from the Rams leading the NFL in least amount of time the QB took getting the pass off."

I like the bigger, better, player despite scheme.... 

Now watch the Bengals sign Allen tomorrow... LOL

Reply/Quote