Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady suspension upheld
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13331590/tom-brady-4-game-suspension-upheld-roger-goodell?ex_cid=ESPNFB
Reply/Quote
Butthurt Pats fans on social media be like, "destroying a phone is the act of an innocent man."

[Image: 11796454_10154076331212788_8269389906410...e=564A1FE6]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I made this one myself.

[Image: 1066713.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think there was enough evidence to suspend him to start with but Goodell couldn't say that because it would look like he was giving the Patriots preferential treatment.
Reply/Quote
Just goes to show that destruction of evidence looks bad, no matter who is presiding over the case..

The NFL, sort of like the FBI, does not ask questions that they don't already know the answers to. Likely why the comish didn't sway on the 4 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Terrible decision by Goodell. The NFL already made this into more of a fiasco than it should be.

Now the NFLPA is going to sue. This is far from over and just grows more embarrassing for Goodell everyday.
Reply/Quote
This is not a criminal matter, it is a question of whether or not the NFL commissioner has the authority to suspend a player under the exact circumstances. The league had plenty of evidence to show that Brady should at least have been aware of it, so that's good enough for Goodell to prove cheating. If Brady were to sue the NFL, the first thing the league would do is subpoena his phone records as they are critical to the case, and they would have every right to them. Brady won't let that happen, so he'll keep his mouth shut and serve his suspenion.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just read too that Tommy used three different phones.

Only one was destroyed.

Guess which one. Mellow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25252520/tom-brady-claims-he-smashes-his-cell-phone-every-8-months-or-so

Quote:"Brady testified that it is his practice to destroy (or give to his assistant to destroy) his cellphone and SIM cards when he gets a new cellphone. Mr. Brady also testified that, based on his typical practice, he would have asked to have the existing cellphone destroyed at or about the same time he began using his new cellphone. According to records provided by Mr. Brady, he began using a new cellphone -- and based on what Mr. Brady and his counsel described as his ordinary practice, gave his old cellphone to his assistant to be destroyed -- on or about March 6, 2015, the very day he met with Mr. Wells and his team to be questioned about the tampering allegations."

One problem: Tom had an even older cell phone he didn't destroy. So the NFL kind of saw that as a weird "anomaly" that, without a rational explanation, made for some bad excuse-making.

The timing of it is interesting, though. Brady didn't destroy a phone he took out of circulation in November of 2014. He did destroy his new phone on March 6, 2015.

Which means that, if you're buying what Brady is selling, the Patriots quarterback smashes his cell phone every eight months or so.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
The players union agreed to give Goodell this power. I don't think Brady has much of a case to take to court.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 09:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just read too that Tommy used three different phones.

Only one was destroyed.

Guess which one. Mellow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25252520/tom-brady-claims-he-smashes-his-cell-phone-every-8-months-or-so

This is more ******** than saying "deflator" means the guy lost weight.
Reply/Quote
If he got suspended because he wasn't cooperating fine but if he got suspended four games for deflating footballs then that is a joke.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:41 PM)J24 Wrote: If he got suspended because he wasn't cooperating fine but if he got suspended four games for  deflating footballs then that is a joke.

All along (and I'd have to go back and refresh my memory to be sure) I thought his lack of cooperation played into the four games.

Then when given the opportunity to present any new or different evidence that would simply show this was a big misunderstanding that he had any part in the deflating he comes back with he destroyed the one phone in question.

Rolleyes

Lets take at face value that this is normal operating procedure for Tom.  It STILL is the wrong thing to do given the investigation going on.  Then you find out (allegedly from the NFLPA) that he has older phones that were not destroyed?  Then the four games stick.
Reply/Quote
Brett Favre was fined 50k for not cooperating with an NFL investigation. Goodell looks more moronic by the minute.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:20 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Brett Favre was fined 50k for not cooperating with an NFL investigation. Goodell looks more moronic by the minute.

But it had nothing to do with the almighty "integrity of the game".  Translation: Gamblers needs to know its on the up and up.  Smirk

Junk pics getting texted won't affect the odds.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Maybe he can get an injunction through September 10 and then have the suspension ruled to be fair on the 11th..
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's all lawyer talk at this point. When it wasn't, ie Tom's press conference, Tom wasn't believable.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 10:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe he can get an injunction through September 10 and then have the suspension ruled to be fair on the 11th..

Or maybe Godell place him on the Commissioner's Exempt list and he gets paid but can't be eligible until the whole matter is settled.  Tom risks missing the entire season while the case goes from court to court.  And if Brady loses the 4 game suspension starts when the case ends.  Could be week 1.  Could be week 16.  Could be next season.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:41 PM)J24 Wrote: If he got suspended because he wasn't cooperating fine but if he got suspended four games for  deflating footballs then that is a joke.

I think the real issue is not cooperating with an official NFL investigation. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: All along (and I'd have to go back and refresh my memory to be sure) I thought his lack of cooperation played into the four games.

Then when given the opportunity to present any new or different evidence that would simply show this was a big misunderstanding that he had any part in the deflating he comes back with he destroyed the one phone in question.

Rolleyes

Lets take at face value that this is normal operating procedure for Tom.  It STILL is the wrong thing to do given the investigation going on.  Then you find out (allegedly from the NFLPA) that he has older phones that were not destroyed?  Then the four games stick.

Betcha the 4 games doesn't stick. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why all these Pats fans have made it their personal crusade to defend Brady on social media. When Bell and Blount got arrested I said they are both morons and Bells gets 2 games for DUI and Blount gets 1 for being a repeat offender.
Reply/Quote