Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brady trolls Steelers fans as he walks off the field
(01-08-2018, 02:43 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I agree ...

[Image: 20171204pdSteelers21.jpg]

For a block that was a little to high?

Someone call Luvnit...he'll want to explain why you should be wearing panties.  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Capt. Obvious......here's an interesting article concerning the event for you.

https://www.si.com/vault/1977/08/01/621920/a-walk-on-the-sordid-side

Quote:Rozelle then wrote a "Dear John and Chuck" letter to Madden and Noll: "A full review of the available films and television tapes of your Sept. 12 game indicates that your 'intense rivalry' of recent years could be on the verge of erupting into something approaching pure violence. There is, of course, no place for that in professional football and you both know it.... Aside from the specific incidents of flagrant action, there are any number of plays in which the actions of many of your players can be questioned. No action was taken in these instances because reasonable doubt exists in my mind as to the intent and motivation of the individuals involved...."

Rozelle sent another letter to Noll concerning his remarks about the NFL's "criminal element." He pointed out that Noll had violated a constitutional bylaw of the league by publicly criticizing another team or player. The commissioner fined the coach $1,000. This letter drew an angry reply from Dan Rooney, president of the Steelers. He charged there had been "direct, premeditated, unemotional efforts by the Oakland Raiders to seriously injure Lynn Swann" and went on to say, "I believe it is a cowardly act to hit someone from behind with his back turned. I also believe, because of the number of Oakland Raider players making such attacks on Lynn, the Raiders must have an opinion that Lynn is vulnerable and can be forced out of the game, which makes such acts premeditated and involves the Raiders' coaching staff as well as the players." Rooney sent along a film clip to prove exactly how brutal the Raiders had been in their assaults on Swann.

Sounds to me like Gooddell could use a lesson in balls from Rozelle......if he could get the Rooneys' aforementioned spheres out of his mouth long enough, that is. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, I agree......I was just noting that there has been quite a bit of that over the years from the black and yellow......but when someone retaliates, they cry about it.  Noll cried about the Raiders, and then cried about the Glanville era Oilers.  Now all of them are crying about Burfict.  Hell man, Burfict got his clock cleaned and never said a word about it, it is the STEELERS that keep bringing all of this up.  I mean, they hung a dummy of him in effigy FFS! (he did comment about that)

I just don't get it.  If you're going to play this way (Cody Wallace, Shazier, Mitchell, etc, etc.), then why cry foul every time someone returns the favor?  Just man up, wink at em, and give it to them again.

As for Atkinson, this was a much different era.  He would have probably gotten a fine, maybe a suspension, and a penalty had it been seen, and that's it.  The pictures of dirty play by the Steelers has been posted here in spades, I'm not gonna rehash them.  That said, I just don't understand the whining.  If you bully people long enough, someone is gonna dish it back sooner or later.  Ya gotta deal with it.

I agree with those names and would also add Troy Polamalu to that list as well since he also loved to lead with his helmet. I also hope Shazier's head hunting antics didn't cost him his career. They need to start thinking with their head. They could have longer careers if they played it the correct way.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:25 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree with those names and would also add Troy Polamalu to that list as well since he also loved to lead with his helmet. I also hope Shazier's head hunting antics didn't cost him his career. They need to start thinking with their head. They could have longer careers if they played it the correct way.

Yes.....Troy had a nasty habit of that as well.  I hope Shazier will heal, I haven't really heard much on his recovery lately, I just hope he can lead a normal life, football is secondary at this point.  That said, what is up with all of the leading with the crown stuff?  That was scary to watch, even though I really, really dislike Pitt, no one wants to see that.  I watched Bud Dupree play at UK, and I don't recall him playing that way in college, now, I see him doing it too.  Someone needs a wakeup call in that locker room or staff.  Porter?

It seems our own "head down" guy has started to finally play a little bit smarter....but it may be too late for him, a lot of concussions in a short time.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Capt. Obvious......here's an interesting article concerning the event for you.

https://www.si.com/vault/1977/08/01/621920/a-walk-on-the-sordid-side

Sounds to me like Gooddell could use a lesson in balls from Rozelle......if he could get the Rooneys' aforementioned spheres out of his mouth long enough, that is. LMAO

I saw the play on youtube and it looked to me like George Atkinson knew the refs weren't looking his way and was pissed that his Raiders were beat by the Steelers in the playoffs and just wanted payback. He saw an opportunity and took it. It's unfortunate because if you're as good as you think you are you don't need to take cheap shots to opposing players. I think his lawsuit against Steelers should've been thrown out and that he should have to pay for wasting court time and all the lawyers fees for both sides. When you take cheap shots like that, expect to be called out for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.....Troy had a nasty habit of that as well.  I hope Shazier will heal, I haven't really heard much on his recovery lately, I just hope he can lead a normal life, football is secondary at this point.  That said, what is up with all of the leading with the crown stuff?  That was scary to watch, even though I really, really dislike Pitt, no one wants to see that.  I watched Bud Dupree play at UK, and I don't recall him playing that way in college, now, I see him doing it too.  Someone needs a wakeup call in that locker room or staff.  Porter?

It seems our own "head down" guy has started to finally play a little bit smarter....but it may be too late for him, a lot of concussions in a short time.

Honestly I think it's the way the Steelers coaches teach them. When you have a douchebag like Porter on defense, you should expect quite a few douchebag players to start popping up. I hope this week there's no dirty moves and the Steelers win and go on to face the Patriots fully healthy. If the Jaguars win, that will be the team I root for to win it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:42 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Honestly I think it's the way the Steelers coaches teach them. When you have a douchebag like Porter on defense, you should expect quite a few douchebag players to start popping up. I hope this week there's no dirty moves and the Steelers win and go on to face the Patriots fully healthy. If the Jaguars win, that will be the team I root for to win it all.

I agree......and if the Shazier injury doesn't scare some sense into them......then I just don't what to say about them.  You're putting your own guys in harm's way playing like that.  I guess time will tell.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree......and if the Shazier injury doesn't scare some sense into them......then I just don't what to say about them.  You're putting your own guys in harm's way playing like that.  I guess time will tell.

It won't. It won't change a thing. Dupree was even talking about how when he saw Shazier down and injured, it made him want to hurt 3 Bengals in retaliation as if it was a Bengals player that did the injuring. They're a bunch of clueless morons. A team full of shit bags, yes, more than the Bengals but nothing with them will change.

Mitchell bitched and moaned about getting fined for the Eifert hit saying if he hadn't gone down trying to catch the ball, he would have hit him in the midsection...ignoring the fact that when Burfict rang Brown's bell, he was ducking his shoulder into the hit as Brown was ducking too.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It won't. It won't change a thing. Dupree was even talking about how when he saw Shazier down and injured, it made him want to hurt 3 Bengals in retaliation as if it was a Bengals player that did the injuring. They're a bunch of clueless morons. A team full of shit bags, yes, more than the Bengals but nothing with them will change.

Mitchell bitched and moaned about getting fined for the Eifert hit saying if he hadn't gone down trying to catch the ball, he would have hit him in the midsection...ignoring the fact that when Burfict rang Brown's bell, he was ducking his shoulder into the hit as Brown was ducking too.

Yup....and then the little prick whined about Alex Smith after he tried to take his knee out.  That shit's bush league.....also, it's one thing to do it....it's totally another to do it, then cry about retaliation.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: For a block that was a little to high?

Someone call Luvnit...he'll want to explain why you should be wearing panties.  Cool

[Image: 1335334904-WhiningSign_zps1e93cf70.jpg?1...5478434967]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup....and then the little prick whined about Alex Smith after he tried to take his knee out.  That shit's bush league.....also, it's one thing to do it....it's totally another to do it, then cry about retaliation.

The difference is the ball was 15 yards away from Brown while Effiert had the ball in his hands heading up field. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:13 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The difference is the ball was 15 yards away from Brown while Effiert had the ball in his hands heading up field. 

Sure. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:16 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 1335334904-WhiningSign_zps1e93cf70.jpg?1...5478434967]

Please update your account.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:13 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The difference is the ball was 15 yards away from Brown while Effiert had the ball in his hands heading up field. 

Incorrect

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:38 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Umm,

Isn't this thread about Brady trolling the Steeler's???  Nervous

[Image: 45db008293affa68c790c8dcd6d4ae59_large]

For someone I remember since the days of the Bengals.com forum, you don't seem to understand how this place works.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:32 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: For someone I remember since the days of the Bengals.com forum, you don't seem to understand how this place works.

Yes, I do. This thread is about Brady owning your stupid arse steelers. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 09:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I do. This thread is about Brady owning your stupid arse steelers. Whatever

Then why do you seem surprised that we ventured off the path?  Happens all the time around here. Haven't you engaged in plenty of epic 'Super Bowl vs. NFL Championship' debates in threads that weren't even remotely about that?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 09:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I do. This thread is about Brady owning your stupid arse steelers. Whatever

(01-14-2018, 08:12 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Then why do you seem surprised that we ventured off the path?  Happens all the time around here. Haven't you engaged in plenty of epic 'Super Bowl vs. NFL Championship' debates in threads that weren't even remotely about that?  Tongue

[Image: gc107_2_propertechnique.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:12 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Then why do you seem surprised that we ventured off the path?  Happens all the time around here. Haven't you engaged in plenty of epic 'Super Bowl vs. NFL Championship' debates in threads that weren't even remotely about that?  Tongue

Uh, bad news this thread can close now as Brady won't be trolling steeler fans next week.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Uh, bad news this thread can close now as Brady won't be trolling steeler fans next week.  Hilarious

Or we could talk about how Brady and company have a chance to tie the Steelers with the most Super Bowl Championships ever, which as everyone knows, is the most important category of championships.
Reply/Quote