Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandin Cooks now a Ram
Yep, the Pats evidently have their eye on a 1st rounder. They traded Cooks and a 4th round selection to the Rams for the 23rd pick and the Rams 6th round selection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-trade-brandin-cooks-to-rams-for-first-round-draft-pick/ar-AAvqQHj?ocid=spartandhp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see who the Patriots have their eyes on after this trade. Cooks to Rams, Pats get the 23rd first round pick as well as Ram's 6th and Pats give Rams a 4th round pick. Just last year the Pats spent a 1st and 3rd for Cooks from the Saints.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It will be interesting to see who the Patriots have their eyes on after this trade, Cooks to Rams for their 23rd first round pick and a 6th plus Pats give Rams a 4th. Just last year the Pats spent a 1st and 3rd for Cooks from the Saints.

They found out too late he wasn’t a 5’10” white guy. The Pats don’t seem like personnel geniuses. Once B&B are gone they will disappear, but whenever that happens it was a hell of a run.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It will be interesting to see who the Patriots have their eyes on after this trade. Cooks to Rams, Pats get the 23rd first round pick as well as Ram's 6th and Pats give Rams a 4th round pick.  Just last year the Pats spent a 1st and 3rd for Cooks from the Saints.

I'm thinking that after letting their LT go in free agency, maybe they think McGlinchey will be there at 23?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They found out too late he wasn’t a 5’10” white guy.  The Pats don’t seem like personnel geniuses. Once B&B are gone they will disappear, but whenever that happens it was a hell of a run.

I disagree, the Pats over the last decade or so have been very good at personnel decisions.  They have dropped a lot of good players at the right time but still managed to make the most out of the players they keep and dragging other players out of no where that turn out to be good players.  However, this trade I don't get.  I'm starting to wonder if Bill is just blowing things up before he retires.  Then again that would not make sense because he has to coach the team this year.  There have been a lot of rumors about dissension in the Patriots house so who knows.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm thinking that after letting their LT go in free agency, maybe they think McGlinchey will be there at 23?

I don't think he will fall that far.  There are too many teams in need of OL help before the 23rd pick.  Colts, Bears, 49rs, Bills with 2nd 1st round pick, Ravens, Chargers, and of course Bengals. Then again there is always Orlando Brown, someone that should have been a 1st rounder but now is a question mark if the Bengals don't get stupid and draft him in the first round. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I don’t think cooks went well with their game plan anyway.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 10:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t think cooks went well with their game plan anyway.
I'm not sure how a receiver that had over 1000 yards, a bit over 16 yard per reception average and 7 TDs doesn't go with their game plan (his stats are similar to AJ Green in 2017). He was second in receiving yards 2 less than Gronk, 1 less TD than Gronk and 4 less receptions than Gronk. Who knows where Gronk will be this year mentally or physically. And even if Gronk is all in you still need a good WR threat to take attention off him. All other receivers on the team didn't come close to Cook's production. Danny Amendola was 3rd with just over 650 yards and he is gone to Miami. Or are you saying their game plan is not to go with the best WR they had on their team last year?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 10:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not sure how a receiver that had over 1000 yards, a bit over 16 yard per reception average and 7 TDs doesn't go with their game plan (his stats are similar to AJ Green in 2017). He was second in receiving yards 2 less than Gronk, 1 less TD than Gronk and 4 less receptions than Gronk. Who knows where Gronk will be this year mentally or physically. And even if Gronk is all in you still need a good WR threat to take attention off him.   All other receivers on the team didn't come close to Cook's production. Danny Amendola was 3rd with just over 650 yards and he is gone to Miami.  Or are you saying their game plan is not to go with the best WR they had on their team last year?

I kinda posted off observation and not researching the stats. But when I watched some of their games he didn’t seem too involved. Granted, I didn’t watch many, maybe 4? Dumb post, nothing to see here. Move along! This is not the dog your looking for! Cool

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 10:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I kinda posted off observation and not researching the stats. But when I watched some of their games he didn’t seem too involved. Granted, I didn’t watch many, maybe 4? Dumb post, nothing to see here. Move along! This is not the dog your looking for! Cool

Sorry if my tone came off wrong.  I didn't mean to be snide or combative.  Long day at the office.  Probably best I go to bed before posting more.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 11:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sorry if my tone came off wrong.  I didn't mean to be snide or combative.  Long day at the office.  Probably best I go to bed before posting more.  :)

Didn't take it that way. Your good. When I said dumb post, I was referring to my own.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm thinking that after letting their LT go in free agency, maybe they think McGlinchey will be there at 23?

If McGlinchey is there at 23, Tobin ought to be run out of town.....
Reply/Quote
A year later the Pats trade a guy for a first round pick 9 spots higher than the one they traded away to get him.

I doubt that the Pats stay at 23, or even 31. Belichick loves his second rounders and that team hemmoraged players in free agency. There's no reason to believe they won't be tops in the AFC, but they have more work to do than the usual.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, the Pats evidently have their eye on a 1st rounder.  They traded Cooks and a 4th round selection to the Rams for the 23rd pick and the Rams 6th round selection.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-trade-brandin-cooks-to-rams-for-first-round-draft-pick/ar-AAvqQHj?ocid=spartandhp

That's interesting.......

Thank you for posting.
Reply/Quote
does it matter who brady throws to
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the pats made out good with the trade cooks has played with 2 hall of fame quarterbacks so far lets not act like it was cody keesler throwing him the ball. also I think the pats might take the tight end from penn state
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the Rams succeed after all these crazy trades. It would throw the league for a loop and you'd see some teams go trade crazy next year. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote