Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandin Cooks or Mike Evans?
I have Brandin Cooks on my fantasy team. Someone has offered me Mike Evans in a trade. The way I see it is both are their team's respective deep threat, both are on teams that will be playing from behind and passing a lot, and both have been frustratingly inconsistent. The only real difference here is Cooks has the better QB, but New Orleans has more viable receiving options. So, would you guys take the trade?
Reply/Quote
Depends on your team. I'll tell you now. There's no potential for Cooks. If you're in a PPR league, Cooks is good for a solid 10 or so a week. In a standard league, I'd take Evans and not look back.

The New Orleans offense is NOT the same. It won't be the same. Brees isn't the same. Don't be deceived by it, and Cooks is not a top end WR talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:50 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Depends on your team.  I'll tell you now.  There's no potential for Cooks.  If you're in a PPR league, Cooks is good for a solid 10 or so a week.  In a standard league, I'd take Evans and not look back.

The New Orleans offense is NOT the same.  It won't be the same.  Brees isn't the same.  Don't be deceived by it, and Cooks is not a top end WR talent.

Thanks for the advice.  I did forget to mention that this is a PPR league.
Reply/Quote
My league is PPR too... Cooks has been more productive than Evans. They are both underwhelming in my opinion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd have to think about it, not used to PPR scoring, but I'd think that Evans would be the more consistent of the 2 over the long run, only because Brees picks a new favorite every week. Believe me, stay far far away from NO WR's every year and their TE's as too until they get a good replacement for Graham.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote