Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Albert
Releases by jags, could be a nice signing by the bengals. Let's see how this first quarter/half goes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 07:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Releases by jags, could be a nice signing by the bengals. Let's see how this first quarter/half goes

I would absolutely pick up Albert as insurance to Ogbuehi/Fisher. If Albert can play near as well as he's proven to play in the past, this Bengals team could go deep in the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I would absolutely pick up Albert as insurance to Ogbuehi/Fisher. If Albert can play near as well as he's proven to play in the past, this Bengals team could go deep in the playoffs.

Albert wants to be a starter and wants paid like it( his issue in JAX), my guess is he is going to hold out for a starting offer. If we get to the end of camp we may be able to talk him in to taking a 1 year deal. I am not sure he is what he was back in KC anymore, but he would be good depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Albert wants to be a starter and wants paid like it( his issue in JAX), my guess is he is going to hold out for a starting offer. If we get to the end of camp we may be able to talk him in to taking a 1 year deal. I am not sure he is what he was back in KC anymore, but he would be good depth.

If he is better than what we have pay him. Two OT on rookie contracts isn't outrageously expensive.

If we deem what we have better than him, pass.

Whatever gets the best product on the field Sunday's and Left OT is our biggest question going into the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 03:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If he is better than what we have pay him. Two OT on rookie contracts isn't outrageously expensive.

If we deem what we have better than him, pass.

Whatever gets the best product on the field Sunday's and Left OT is our biggest question going into the year.

He is 32 and not that good. Frankly, JAX line isn't that good for them to be cutting ties with him that easily. He got traded there for a conditional 6th I believe. Sometimes people have an inflated self worth.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is 32 and not that good. Frankly, JAX line isn't that good for them to be cutting ties with him that easily. He got traded there for a conditional 6th I believe. Sometimes people have an inflated self worth.

Or maybe we have the leagues worst LT.

Awe could also Both be right here. It would be nice if the bengals could flip AJM for a nice LT
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or maybe we have the leagues worst LT.

Awe could also Both be right here.  It would be nice if the bengals could flip AJM for a nice LT

Most teams aren't going to trade a good LT for a QB, then who is protecting the QB? The reality is as much as we hate it we are going to give Fisher and Ced the chance to start a whole year at their natural positions. We may bring a vet in as a back up but they are both going to take the majority of the snaps this year outside of major injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or maybe we have the leagues worst LT.

Awe could also Both be right here.  It would be nice if the bengals could flip AJM for a nice LT

They could have because the Jaguars were interested in trading their 2nd round pick for AJM. Their 2nd rounder turned out to be Cam Robinson.

Oh, and Brandon Albert is a free agent now.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They could have because the Jaguars were interested in trading their 2nd round pick for AJM. Their 2nd rounder turned out to be Cam Robinson.

Albert is long in the tooth, but his experience would allow him to come in and help the team from day 1.  So, as we draw closer to the beginning of the season, if he's still available, I could see a guy like him being a viable option.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They could have because the Jaguars were interested in trading their 2nd round pick for AJM. Their 2nd rounder turned out to be Cam Robinson.

... we are going to really allow Cedric to play his proper position this year and see how he develops, no way would we have drafted a tackle this draft, it just makes no sense.. Now if he fails badly this year, then yes, we will have to look at him as a bust and probably look to the draft next year
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Albert is long in the tooth, but his experience would allow him to come in and help the team from day 1.  So, as we draw closer to the beginning of the season, if he's still available, I could see a guy like him being a viable option.

Even if he's a backup, it's better than what we have now. We have guys moving around the line. Winston and Ogbuehi have apparently struggled all camp.

(08-16-2017, 01:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ... we are going to really allow Cedric to play his proper position this year and see how he develops, no way would we have drafted a tackle this draft, it just makes no sense.. Now if he fails badly this year, then yes, we will have to look at him as a bust and probably look to the draft next year

Cam Robinson also could have been moved to offensive guard, as some teams had reportedly viewed him.

Also, what do you mean his "proper position"?

Left tackle isn't his proper position. Never was. He played offensive guard his first season and right tackle his second season. Both years he did much better than his senior year where he was put in at left tackle. He did well in the beginning and then started to struggle mightily. He struggled so bad that they ended up moving him between right and left tackle. He never played a full season at left tackle.

And bad players are always taken in the 1st round. It happens. But Ogbuehi's issues from college seem to be the same in his 3rd year in the NFL. Won't call him a bust just yet, but he hasn't looked good.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote