Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Allen re-signed
(03-17-2022, 02:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would say so considering he doesn’t even play QB…

Ha! Just noticed your avatar change. I thought you were a new guy for a second. My brain associates posters w/ their avatar. Anyhow, enough people are upset about the Allen resigning that maybe they prefer BW as the backup QB?  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So much for an upgrade there.

Still, we are slowly filling in the back end of the roster. Not saying we keep all these guys (we have over 53 guys signed) but it is nice to have options.

QB. 2 + 1 PS. Burrow; Allen. (Browning).
RB. 4 + 1. Mixon; Perine, C. Evans (KR), T. Williams. (Holyfield).
WR. 5 + 1. Chase, Highins, Boyd; Mike Thomas, Taylor (PR). (Pooka).
TE. 1 + 2. Sample (Moss, Washington).
OT. 4. J. Williams, Prince; Smith, F. Johnson.
G. 4 + 1. Cappa, Karras; Carman, Adeniji. (Gaillard).
C. 2. Hopkins; T. Hill (Karras & Gaillard also).
-------------------------------
DE. 5+1. Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Kareem, C. Sample
NT/DT. 3. Reader, BJ Hill; Shelvin
LB. 5 + 2. L. Wilson, Pratt; ADG, Bailey, Bachie. (Johnston, Jones).
CB. 4 + 1. Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton; Davis (Brannon)
S. 4 + 1. Bell, Bates; Michael Thomas, B. Wilson (KR). (Henderson).
--------------------
PK: McPherson
P: Chrisman
LS: Harris
I didn't realize Scotty Washington had converted to TE.
Apparently he's now up to 247 lbs and listed as TE now on Bengals roster.
Was listed at 225 lbs and WR last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The shit some of you will get worked up over, I swear…

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
A better offensive line will made Brandon Allen better too.
Reply/Quote
I hope they look at a guy like Jack Coan with one of their 7ths. Theres also that little guy out of Western Kentucky Bailey Zappe.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope they look at a guy like Jack Coan with one of their 7ths. Theres also that little guy out of Western Kentucky Bailey Zappe.

Is that the guy that broke Burrow’s record?

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is that the guy that broke Burrow’s record?

Yes, Zappe eclipsed the great Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You have guys like Fitzpatrick, Andy Dalton, Jacoby Brissett, Mariota, Jameis, Tyrod Taylor out there and we are running with Brandon Wilson. He literally might be the worst backup in the league. 

How much do all of those guys cost? 

Fitzpatrick - $10M last season
Andy Dalton - $10M last season
Jacoby Brissett - $5M last season
Mariota - $3.5M last season
Winston - $5.5M last season
Tyrod Taylor - He is not a FA. He just signed a 2 year, $11M contract.
Brandon Allen - $1.5M last season

If you shell out $$$ for a backup QB, less money to acquire players that you need more. How big of an emphasis are you seriously placing on a backup QB? Putting big money into the position is absolutely silly.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: How much do all of those guys cost? 

Fitzpatrick - $10M last season
Andy Dalton - $10M last season
Jacoby Brissett - $5M last season
Mariota - $3.5M last season
Winston - $5.5M last season
Tyrod Taylor - He is not a FA. He just signed a 2 year, $11M contract.
Brandon Allen - $1.5M last season

If you shell out $$$ for a backup QB, less money to acquire players that you need more. How big of an emphasis are you seriously placing on a backup QB? Putting big money into the position is absolutely silly.

This Exactly Clapping
If we had paid some like Winston or even Dalton around $5m to sit on the bench all year, everyone that is mumping about Allen would be saying that we should be spending money on other area's of the team
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A better offensive line will made Brandon Allen better too.
He would need to improve to merely suck. I expect him to get cut for a late round draft pick but you never know with this team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I remember Week 18 last year. That was painful QBing to watch.

He is pathetic at best
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Well I sure hope we take a super late-round flyer on a developmental QB. Or sign a couple of UDFAs before OTAs that outplay him by the end of preseason. I’d rather go with inexperienced-yet-some-upside if Burrow were to miss any time. Let a young kid learn behind a cerebral QB, maybe he’ll pick up some of QB1s habits.
Reply/Quote
I want us to get better at the number 2 QB spot.
Reply/Quote
I would rather sign Collins and the ex Browns center.

Sign both of those guys and Allen is good enough to win games.

Don’t waste money on a backup QB if we can replace 4 duds on online with
Four players all of whom are above average or better.

Can you imagine how good Burrow will be if the opponent actually has to worry about a running game and Joe regularly getting a clean pocket?
Reply/Quote
Like Carson at LG, I want to see Allen win the job against some decent competition and not just be handed a job.

On the FA sheet players are graded 1-5 and Allen is a 5 not like you need to break the bank to upgrade this guy in FA like many are acting like is the only option.

Make him fight it out with rookie just don't hand him the job. Burrow needed every rep he could get last OTA not the case now. Let the back ups fight it out for the job do not hand it to Allen.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm disappointed on this one too.

AJ McCarron only made $1 million last year and is a FA. Is he better than Brandon Allen? I think yes though they're probably closer than what one might think just from watching when they've taken snaps for us.

Reply/Quote
Glad to see that. Allen knows the system, played decent with the #1s.. week 18 was backups and the worst line ever.. I like the veteran backup especially at a reasonable price
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of Allen's but if Collin's is inked then the runing game will be vastly improved which would help him a lot.

Would have liked to have upgraded if it was for the same price as Allen, but would not want to spend anymore money to do so.

We need our cash for the O-line

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen may be the one free agent that Joe Burrow had the most input due to their professional interaction.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow missed 5 games, we're probably 1-4 at best with Allen.

Would be nice to at least try to upgrade that spot. At least slightly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote