Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Boykin DB
We have talent at DB even if we lose a FA or two. What if we replaced one of those lost not with a draftee but by picking up Brandon Boykin? He is a 25 year old CB who currently is with the Steelers. The Steelers secondary is not great, and taking this player from them would hurt them. And for me, the only thing I want other than playoff wins is victories over the Steelers. In fact I want them to lose even when they aren't playing us.

I know he isn't happy with the Steelers - he wanted to play outside and they wouldn't let him. He is very good in the slot. I dunno if he'd really consider coming to the Bengals where he would be sharing snaps (and they might want him in the slot again) but if there was a way to make him happy and still making our team better, it would be worth paying him half of what Leon Hall is currently making.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He'd be a great addition. I am a big fan. He also returns, so double bonus
Reply/Quote
The Steelers didn't really use him, which was surprising to me. He was definitely their best secondary player. He's an amazing great nickel player when he was with the Eagles. He was arguably the best out there. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Boykin and Claiborne fit the mold of the buy low type of signing they'd be looking at no matter if Pacman resigns. I'd be surprised if someone offers more than just competition for a starting gig, but he should get plenty of reps even in the slot no matter. He does close on the ball fast, and even a big target/vertical team like the Steelers have a guy like Wheaton that he can match up on.
Reply/Quote
amazing athlete. would be a solid free agent signing and makes sense. he's ok now but still has room to get better with all that talent
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 05:18 AM)phil413 Wrote: Boykin and Claiborne fit the mold of the buy low type of signing they'd be looking at no matter if Pacman resigns.  I'd be surprised if someone offers more than just competition for a starting gig, but he should get plenty of reps even in the slot no matter.  He does close on the ball fast, and even a big target/vertical team like the Steelers have a guy like Wheaton that he can match up on.

you forgot the other component. The staff has a connection with ..... In this case look for Dolphin DB's
Reply/Quote