Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver
(04-03-2017, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To add to what depthchart said, LaFell was also playing through an injury last year, from what I've heard.

A hurt hand and drops were not an issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 06:40 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok I get what you were doing then

In my thinking I think that just because a guy is targeted a lot doesn't mean much.  So just because Lafells targets went up and he caught more passes because of his increased targets doesn't mean he played better. It just means he was the guy who basically HAD to increase production because a guy went down. That's why things like 1st downs and YPC appeal to me because that shows you what a guy did mattered.

I've followed RW since I watched him scare the crap out of FSU at NC State. Loved his play then and still do.

That said, rocking his pic as your avatar on this board isn't gonna garner you a lot of support, & some are so wrong in their argument against LaFell that it's actually comical.

I almost never, & I mean never agree with Fred, but he's been taking people's lunch money throughout this entire thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 12:58 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I've followed RW since I watched him scare the crap out of FSU at NC State. Loved his play then and still do.

That said, rocking his pic as your avatar on this board isn't gonna garner you a lot of support, & some are so wrong in their argument against LaFell that it's actually comical.

I almost never, & I mean never agree with Fred, but he's been taking people's lunch money throughout this entire thread.
 Russell is my fave player because of his faith, talent, and professional demeanor.

I don't care one bit about what kind of fan people on this board think I am. If Russell as my avatar pisses people off so be it. Maybe if our front office could put together a playoff win id have some iconic picture of a Bengals holding a trophy to replace it with. As of now the most iconic picture I can use from my lifetime is Carson Palmer on the ground with a tore knee.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You dont want to look up stats because you know youre wrong. 

Aquan Boldin's stats during the Raven's 2012 Super Bowl season: 
65 receptions
921 yards
4 TDs

Brandon Lafells stats from last year: 
64 receptions 
865 yards
6 TDs

In 2014 with the Pats Lafell had 950 yards receiving and 7 TDs. So, the AJ Greene injury theory doesn't make sense here either. He is more than capable of being a number 2 wide out. 

Not sure why so many of you refuse to look at numbers. You keep judging him based on what you want though....whatever that may be. 

Im not gonna turn this into a talent VS analytics thing. But if you really need stats to tell you who is a better WR between Lafell and Bolden then idk what to tell you bro. Your showing me stats and in regards to the current conversation they mean jack shit to me. Brandon Lefell has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER been a better #2 WR than prime Anquan Bolden. NEVER EVER EVER EVER.

So many factors go into stats. But if your telling me you have a team and youd rather have 2016 Brandon Lafell over superbowl Anquan Bolden then im going to call you a liar straight to your face. Bolden is an all time great WR. He was basically the only consistent option for Flacco in the 2012 superbowl. When Green was playing Lafell wasn't special, when Green went down he wasn't special. He was SOLID.

Is he a good enough #2 to win a playoff game with? duh. Hes not pure trash, he made a lot of 3rd downs last year and was decent. But anyone trying to plug to me that he was special in ANY way is going overboard and I gotta put on my Neegan mask and shut that shit down.

Marvin Jones was closer to special at that #2 spot than Lafell was and I don't need stats to tell me that. Defenses had a harder time guarding AJ and MJ VS Lafell and AJ.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 06:06 PM)Housh Wrote:  Russell is my fave player because of his faith, talent, and professional demeanor.

I don't care one bit about what kind of fan people on this board think I am. If Russell as my avatar pisses people off so be it. Maybe if our front office could put together a playoff win id have some iconic picture of a Bengals holding a trophy to replace it with. As of now the most iconic picture I can use from my lifetime is Carson Palmer on the ground with a tore knee.

Ha! I can respect that Housh. Point taken. Like I said, I've been a fan of his since either his fresh or soph year. Just can't remember right off hand which one it was. I was watching him play one Saturday and was like this kid has "it".

I also better understand your reasoning on using him as your avatar. No worries & kudos.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 06:06 PM)Housh Wrote:  Russell is my fave player because of his faith, talent, and professional demeanor.

Hey Housh, i like Russell a lot too but Dalton is a great man in all those areas as well.

Gotta stick with my team. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Housh, i like Russell a lot too but Dalton is a great man in all those areas as well.

Gotta stick with my team. :andy:

To an extent.....or you end up like my dad whose been a fan since the 70's and only has memories of failure

Or you can end up like me for the past 15 years. I was such a loyal diehard fan that when Bengals weren't playing I literally didn't watch football. Up until this year's playoffs I couldn't even tell you what playoff caliber football looked like. This year I finally told myself that was a stupid thing to do. To deprive myself of the best games of the year because the Bengals suck so much ass. I love football the sport and I love watching football played at its highest level. This year's playoffs was the most fun iv had watching football in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:31 PM)Housh Wrote: To an extent.....or you end up like my dad whose been a fan since the 70's and only has memories of failure

Or you can end up like me for the past 15 years. I was such a loyal diehard fan that when Bengals weren't playing I literally didn't watch football. Up until this year's playoffs I couldn't even tell you what playoff caliber football looked like. This year I finally told myself that was a stupid thing to do. To deprive myself of the best games of the year because the Bengals suck so much ass. I love football the sport and I love watching football played at its highest level. This year's playoffs was the most fun iv had watching football in a long time.

Rock on. Rock On

I love football and love watching all the teams, always have. That is way diehard to not care at all when football is going on.

Happy for you that you got out of that funk, cause that sucks ass.

I love watching my Bengals when they play great or good or okay, but it hurts when they suck it up.

Gotta root for Zimmer and the Vikings when this happens, or even them damn Rams now with Whit.
Reply/Quote
this is a hell of a long thread to basically discuss which of two average WR's is the slightly more average.

Oh, for the days of 3 big name receivers like Chad, TO and Antonio Bryant...we were really rolling then :)
Reply/Quote