Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That time of Offseason again....
I don't think the list is very good, but how would you guys rank all the QBs? Not even in tiers, just 1-28? Leaving out Niners, Jets, Texans, and Browns.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 04:24 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I don't think the list is very good, but how would you guys rank all the QBs? Not even in tiers, just 1-28? Leaving out Niners, Jets, Texans, and Browns.

Elite:
Rodgers
Brady
Brees

Great:
Roethlisberger
Ryan

Franchise guys:
Wilson
Luck
Carr
Stafford
Dalton
Cousins
Newton
Eli Manning
Rivers
Palmer

Solid guys you can build around or young guys with potential:
Alex Smith
Flacco
Tannehill
Preskott
Winston
Mariota
Tyrod Taylor
Bradford
Wentz
Goff

Could be decent, but you should be open to looking at other QBs:
Siemien
Bortles
Glennon

Then you have the 4 teams you mentioned.

Some of these young guys are tough to slot due to sample size. Maybe they get better, maybe not. Maybe Preskott wasn't a fluke, maybe he was. So the young guys could see a lot of movement after this year, and some of the older guys may fall. As of right now, this is how I rank them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-qb-tiers-from-franchise-guys-to-just-guys-where-your-likely-starter-ranks/

Thoughts.

Hopefully one day we get back to the playoffs so players who have the "loser" cloud over them can win a game and hopefully not let that dictate how their career is remembered.

Stafford/Carr "proven winners".....

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, a more positive word for predictable could be reliable.

Lol... it's just the natural course of events. The mock drafts will start flooding in more as it creeps closer. Then the draft will happen and the vast majority will talk about how the Bengals got and A on their draft grades, so it must mean they had the best draft in eternity and all the players will end up being great, with extra love for some 3rd or 4th round pick who is seen as a super-value pick.

Then there will start being polls about which draft pick the Bengals took will have the biggest impact, while a small contingent of the forum will be hyping the ever-loving shit out of some 6th or 7th round player who will most likely never see the field, and some undrafted WR who will be on the PS for the next two seasons.

Then it'll be time for a bunch of camp threads about how much so-and-so worked out in the offseason, or how so-and-so is poised for a huge breakout season.

Next will be Preseason threads about how a 2nd stinger dominating versus a 3rd stringer means they're going to have a breakout season.

Finally season prediction and roster cut threads.

So it has been, and so shall it always be. Ninja

How do you know these things.....are you some sort of oracle or something? Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: How do you know these things.....are you some sort of oracle or something? Hmm

Just a psychic... and celebrity impressionist.

[Image: psychicmedium.jpg]
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/psychic-medium/n13011?snl=1
Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey, a more positive word for predictable could be reliable.

Lol... it's just the natural course of events. The mock drafts will start flooding in more as it creeps closer. Then the draft will happen and the vast majority will talk about how the Bengals got and A on their draft grades, so it must mean they had the best draft in eternity and all the players will end up being great, with extra love for some 3rd or 4th round pick who is seen as a super-value pick.

Then there will start being polls about which draft pick the Bengals took will have the biggest impact, while a small contingent of the forum will be hyping the ever-loving shit out of some 6th or 7th round player who will most likely never see the field, and some undrafted WR who will be on the PS for the next two seasons.

Then it'll be time for a bunch of camp threads about how much so-and-so worked out in the offseason, or how so-and-so is poised for a huge breakout season.

Next will be Preseason threads about how a 2nd stinger dominating versus a 3rd stringer means they're going to have a breakout season.

Finally season prediction and roster cut threads.

So it has been, and so shall it always be. Ninja
Hilarious Nice post man, will happen. :andy:

To the OP, this guy is a Dalton basher. Look at how many wins Dalton has, it is much higher than like 10 or more guys he
has in front of him. Last year Dalton had a terrible O-line and still played well and gave us a shot in almost all the games.

Just hoping Og can keep him somewhat clean this year, if he does, Dalton and our team will be right back winning lots of
regular season games and going right back to the Playoffs. After which our HC will let us down once again...
Reply/Quote
It's outrage time.. How about outrage Tuesdays?
It can even have it's own theme song much like on the old Mickey  Mouse club , the guest star Tuesday song. 
I even remember the words much to my own disgrace..
Sing along if you know the words.. Just replace key words with things outrageous about the Bengals. 

Today is Tuesday, you know what that means? We're gonna have a special guest.. Put on your duds and get the place clean, brush off the mat so the welcome can be seen.   
Roll out the carpet, strike up the band and give out with a big hooray. Hip HOORAY.. 
Wiggle your ears like good Mouseketeers ,we're going to present our guest today cause Tuesday is guest star day..
Mouseketeer roll-call count off now.......

Don't ask and for the past 50 years I've been asking myself the same question.. Why can't I forget this damned song? It's almost as bad as the theme song to the Brady Bunch .. once heard it can't be unheard.. 
Anyway, as one of the worlds annoying songs it needs to be recycled into the Bengals Tuesday Outrage song.. 
Anyone have a marching band handy ?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I so thought this would be a uniform thread.

Me too. Do away with the round numbers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 03:22 PM)jason Wrote: Me too. Do away with the round numbers.

Ditto that. I hate the rounded numbers. Loved the color rush jersey's for that reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To the OP, national media hasn't respected Dalton since he was drafted. I think his perception was sealed when he was drafted after AJ Green. Any success he's had is always credited to AJ Green, while he receives all the blame for disappointment. He literally can't win over the national media. Not without a title and good luck getting that wearing stripes.

The list itself is pretty typical. Calling Carr and Stafford proven winners was silly. Flacco and Smith being behind guys like Taylor and Tannehill is silly. Dalton is of course behind a lot of guys he's been much better than. Oh well. La Confora's opinionis no better than anyone else's.

I know, but it still pisses me off. I will never understand how people claim Dalton is only serviceable and needs an elite supporting cast. Every QB needs weapons and protection. Brady has had a very average season when his line struggled. Piggy isn't piggy without Bell or Brown. Rogers struggled recently when he lost Nelson.

I think if the Bengals nail this draft, Dalton will break his franchise records for yards and TDs and be right back in the MVP discussion.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 08:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know, but it still pisses me off.  I will never understand how people claim Dalton is only serviceable and needs an elite supporting cast.  Every QB needs weapons and protection.  Brady has had a very average season when his line struggled.  Piggy isn't piggy without Bell or Brown.  Rogers struggled recently when he lost Nelson.  

I think if the Bengals nail this draft, Dalton will break his franchise records for yards and TDs and be right back in the MVP discussion.

Same here, Dalton has his weaknesses but being a loser is not one of them. Dalton can be very accurate at times and throws
darts as good as anyone. He also is a very good deep ball passer contrary to popular opinion, better than Tom Brady who is a
QB who likes to pick Defenses apart more than go deep.

If particularly Ogbuehi plays well i see your prediction of Dalton being in the MVP discussion very real.

He has weapons and we will add another one or two. The running game could improve with Andre at RG, Boling being healthy,
Fisher staying at one position, a new Center and adding a RB. This will take some pressure off of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Though to most people it doesn't sound plausible that they actually had a plan to rebuild the entire offensive line from the beginning, but it may have been part of it from the beginning. How that plan pans out if there ever was a plan to begin with is anyones guess. 
Suppose, just suppose that this is true and it really does work out exactly as planned, assuming that there is a plan then Andy could end up being the all time great Bengals QB people end up telling their grandkids about. 
I won't because my grandkids already know who Andy is, but maybe I'll tell my great grandkids about him. 
The plan is to tell your great grandkids all about Andy Dalton.. For most of you your great grandkids will only know what a robotic QB is and then ask, What's an Andy Dalton?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, Dalton has his weaknesses but being a loser is not one of them. Dalton can be very accurate at times and throws
darts as good as anyone. He also is a very good deep ball passer contrary to popular opinion, better than Tom Brady who is a
QB who likes to pick Defenses apart more than go deep.

If particularly Ogbuehi plays well i see your prediction of Dalton being in the MVP discussion very real.

He has weapons and we will add another one or two. The running game could improve with Andre at RG, Boling being healthy,
Fisher staying at one position, a new Center and adding a RB. This will take some pressure off of Dalton.

Careful, Nate...I started more than a few forest fires by merely "using Dalton and Brady in the same sentence".   Nervous

So much is pending on Ced's performance at LT, I am starting to think the Bengals should seriously consider making a move on Cam Robinson if he is still around at, say, #25 overall.  If they slide a few spots in Rd 1 and still get Ross or Davis, they could use that acquired 2nd rounder to package with their third rounder and go after Robinson.  

The way I look at it is that if Ced somehow beats out Cam Robinson, it is a huge win and we groom Robinson to the RG of the future, where he will likely be one of the best in the league.

If he beats Ced, we have the LT of the future and we have improved the biggest weakness on our line.  Huge win that we have for 5 years before he hits FA at pick #25  (or so) dollars.  

We would still have a 2nd round pick and that could be used on Jordan Willis the DE.

A first three rounds with Ross, Robinson, and Willis would make this team a much improved squad vs. last year.  

BTW, I completely agree that the running game will already be improved with the massive Smith at RG and Fisher finally finding a home at RT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Careful, Nate...I started more than a few forest fires by merely "using Dalton and Brady in the same sentence".   Nervous

So much is pending on Ced's performance at LT, I am starting to think the Bengals should seriously consider making a move on Cam Robinson if he is still around at, say, #25 overall.  If they slide a few spots in Rd 1 and still get Ross or Davis, they could use that acquired 2nd rounder to package with their third rounder and go after Robinson.  

The way I look at it is that if Ced somehow beats out Cam Robinson, it is a huge win and we groom Robinson to the RG of the future, where he will likely be one of the best in the league.

If he beats Ced, we have the LT of the future and we have improved the biggest weakness on our line.  Huge win that we have for 5 years before he hits FA at pick #25  (or so) dollars.  

We would still have a 2nd round pick and that could be used on Jordan Willis the DE.

A first three rounds with Ross, Robinson, and Willis would make this team a much improved squad vs. last year.  

BTW, I completely agree that the running game will already be improved with the massive Smith at RG and Fisher finally finding a home at RT.  

Eh, im not scurred. It is the truth, people can bash it all they want but Brady is not a deep passing QB.

I think we just have to hope Og improves, sucks, Cam is not worth the pick at 9 in my opinion and i doubt we
trade to get him. We would be showing our hand and admitting Og was a mistake, Marv and PA won't do this.

The only way we get Cam Robinson is if we make that trade with the Stains and he falls to #33 i think.

Would love that trade, would really help this team more than keeping a backup QB that holds onto the ball too
long. While i think AJM is a very good backup QB, his value is at its peak right now.

Strike while the iron is hot.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, im not scurred. It is the truth, people can bash it all they want but Brady is not a deep passing QB.

I think we just have to hope Og improves, sucks, Cam is not worth the pick at 9 in my opinion and i doubt we
trade to get him. We would be showing our hand and admitting Og was a mistake, Marv and PA won't do this.

The only way we get Cam Robinson is if we make that trade with the Stains and he falls to #33 i think.

Would love that trade, would really help this team more than keeping a backup QB that holds onto the ball too
long. While i think AJM is a very good backup QB, his value is at its peak right now.

Strike while the iron is hot.

If Cam is still there at pick #33 there are a lot of teams that will be wanting to trade with the Browns for that pick.  Only we have AJM!

On the Ced note, I don't think it would necessarily be an admission of error with Ced, because you could say that Cam is slotted to be the RG of the future.  If Ced falls flat on his face, then you have at least an option at LT.  

Robinson, IMHO, is a beast and can play any position other than Center and be dominant.  

I fear that all this talk of him slipping, etc, is just a bunch of crap and he will go around 15-20 making it a moot point.  I don't see Bolles as the kind of mauler the Bengals need in the running game.  Ditto Garcia.  They may be more prototypical bodies and feet for LT, but they remind me a bit too much of Ced and his feet look great as he get shoved back 8 yards, but he can't hold up against NFL DEs. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Cam is still there at pick #33 there are a lot of teams that will be wanting to trade with the Browns for that pick.  Only we have AJM!

On the Ced note, I don't think it would necessarily be an admission of error with Ced, because you could say that Cam is slotted to be the RG of the future.  If Ced falls flat on his face, then you have at least an option at LT.  

Robinson, IMHO, is a beast and can play any position other than Center and be dominant.  

I fear that all this talk of him slipping, etc, is just a bunch of crap and he will go around 15-20 making it a moot point.  I don't see Bolles as the kind of mauler the Bengals need in the running game.  Ditto Garcia.  They may be more prototypical bodies and feet for LT, but they remind me a bit too much of Ced and his feet look great as he get shoved back 8 yards, but he can't hold up against NFL DEs. 

Cam Robinson has his problems too. Barnett beat him badly a few times with his speed on the edge.

He has a few off field issues as well from what i heard, he could fall out of the first round.

There really aren't very many options at LT for us if Ogbuehi fails. I think the best is our own Jake Fisher.

I know it doesn't sound great right now or even good but if Og still is terrible a line of...

Fisher - Boling - Fuller/Roullier/Asiata - Westerman - Andre Smith might be decent.

Just hoping Og comes around so we can keep Fisher at RT.
Reply/Quote
It's also that time of the off season when Hobson doesn't write much, but they do change the pictures on old posts every few days to make you think there's something new to read. The picture of the 'Mock on ' post has changed 3 times already. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dalton takes a lot of heat but he is a pretty darn good QB if you give him TIME IN THE POCKET!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote