Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell...etc
(03-05-2016, 06:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The sad sad truth behind that is so ***** depressing 
A 30 year old WR who had one good year is only semi-realistic.

It really is sad. I don't even think LaFell quite qualifies as "mid-tier", but he probably still wouldn't be on our radar unless his price is really low for whatever reason. If MLJ bolts, we're probably looking at a couple mid-round draft picks and maybe a bottom-rung washed up WR off the FA scrap heap. That's the most realistic scenario I think.

(03-05-2016, 09:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's unrestricted and may affect our comp picks. Scratch him off the list. 

Exactly. Love Rishard Matthews, but he wasn't cut, so forget about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 12:03 AM)pulses Wrote: the only comp pick we MIGHT get is a 7th so i'm not to concerned over losing it.

Except this free agency period doesn't affect this year's comp picks. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 09:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's unrestricted and may affect our comp picks. Scratch him off the list. 

Damn it, sucks ballz. Whatever

(03-06-2016, 12:03 AM)pulses Wrote: the only comp pick we MIGHT get is a 7th so i'm not to concerned over losing it.

You and me both but Bengal Dude is probably correct.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Greg Jennings was cut from Miami after having a bad year (who didn't in that offense?).
Jennings (32 years old) could contribute as 1-2 year cheap vet that won't cost the Bengals a comp pick. Meanwhile, the Bengals also take a WR high in the draft and groom that WR to replace Jennings in 2017 or 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Greg Jennings was cut from Miami after having a bad year (who didn't in that offense?).
Jennings (32 years old) could contribute as 1-2 year cheap vet that won't cost the Bengals a comp pick. Meanwhile, the Bengals also take a WR high in the draft and groom that WR to replace Jennings in 2017 or 2018.

I always liked Jennings, damn good receiver in Green Bay.

Would rather have Rishard Matthews cause we need youth over players who were once good of course but still...

I would like it if we brought in Greg.
Reply/Quote
Armon Binns is still just 27. He is in his prime.

He was with the Chiefs in '14 and is currently on a CFL team.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Armon Binns is still just 27.  He is in his prime.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
Has anyone mentioned Rod Streeter? Streeter is a tall 6'2 runs a 4.37 and had a decent rookie season with no one to throw to him a few years ago. He had a season ending injury in 2014 ( broken foot). He was tagged and then pushed clear out of of he starting lineup in 2015 under a different coaching staff...Streeter has speed and size to threaten deep so he could possible be a decent replacement for Jones.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Has anyone mentioned Rod Streeter? Streeter is a tall 6'2 runs a 4.37 and had a decent rookie season with no one to throw to him a few years ago. He had a season ending injury in 2014 ( broken foot). He was tagged and then pushed clear out of of he starting lineup in 2015 under a different coaching staff...Streeter has speed and size to threaten deep so he could possible be a decent replacement for Jones.

Streater has potential, but I would not want to see the Bengals put him as the WR2 right away. While he did have to compete for playing time against two first-round WRs in Cooper and Crabtree (hard to emerge when against those two), there's still too much risk if he's the second WR on the depth chart with Tate, Alford, Wright, Kumerow, and likely a draft pick.

He could be a very good depth signing that can push for playing time though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You can add Andre Johnson to the list. I have been mainly against signing some old WR. But there has always been a special place in my heart for WRs with the last name Johnson.

He was cut and might come dirt cheap. Nothing but professional out of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Armon Binns is still just 27.  He is in his prime.

Oh Armon Binns, how I love this guy.  Apparently people didn't realize a guy who is the "Larry Fitzgerald of the Practice Squad" wasn't going to be the Larry Fitzgerald of the NFL.  Anyways, I'm off to my under 6 foot, white rec ball league game.  I'm sort of the Shaquille O'Neal of the under 6 foot, white rec ball league so I'm hoping this is the week an NBA scout signs me to a nice fat contract.

Wish me luck!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Boldin and Colston are the two I would look at.

If Boldin has any left in the tank I would be interested in giving him a look. 

I love physical receivers, and he can run block right?  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
There is a very good chance that Mike Wallace gets cut by the Vikes. If we need a MLJ replacement he would be perfect.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is a very good chance that Mike Wallace gets cut by the Vikes. If we need a MLJ replacement he would be perfect.

Mike Wallace has always been looked at as a WR1 wherever he's gone (at least since leaving Pittsburgh). He's not really a good WR1, but could really thrive as a WR2 where there's a better receiver to take some coverage off of him.
He could have a really good season opposite of AJ Green.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is a very good chance that Mike Wallace gets cut by the Vikes. If we need a MLJ replacement he would be perfect.

(03-08-2016, 04:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Wallace has always been looked at as a WR1 wherever he's gone (at least since leaving Pittsburgh). He's not really a good WR1, but could really thrive as a WR2 where there's a better receiver to take some coverage off of him.
He could have a really good season opposite of AJ Green.

All for this, i know Wallace drops a lot of balls but still, he DOES have the speed we need.
Reply/Quote

Well he just did. If we  lose MJ and Sanu I would have to think Wallace is at the top of our WR target list.
Reply/Quote

That's actually pretty interesting.  I have no idea how he'd fit in here, but consider me on this bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for this, i know Wallace drops a lot of balls but still, he DOES have the speed we need.

(03-08-2016, 05:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well he just did. If we  lose MJ and Sanu I would have to think Wallace is at the top of our WR target list.

(03-08-2016, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's actually pretty interesting.  I have no idea how he'd fit in here, but consider me on this bandwagon.

Also with Wallace being cut it doesn't affect our desire to obtain comp picks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also with Wallace being cut it doesn't affect our desire to obtain comp picks.

I'm sold.  I know I wanted to break the bank to get him when he was a hot commodity, and now I REALLY want him now that he's had time to rust and deteriorate his way into our price range.
Reply/Quote
Now that Mike Wallace is cut, I'd agree with others that he's the best semi-realistic option.

I kinda feel like Wallace will fly under the radar a bit which may drop his price enough for the Bengals to consider it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote