Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Marshall
No, not the receiver, the LB. He was just cut from Oakland, and depending on the cost, may be worth a shot. He was a damn good cover linebacker a few years ago in Denver.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I guess I'd kick the tires solely because of how bad/thin we are at LB, but I wouldn't be looking for anything more than a veteran body in doing so... which is basically the same opinion I had on the guy during free agency.
Reply/Quote
Many were upset Tobin did not go after him.

Does that make Tobin right and fans in this forum wrong since he was cut?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does that make Tobin right and fans in this forum wrong since he was cut?

Probably, in all honesty.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many were upset Tobin did not go after him.

Does that make Tobin right and fans in this forum wrong since he was cut?

I don't think so necessarily. Players have been cut and picked up elsewhere and then gone on to do well.

As of today though, yes, Tobin looks right.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 12:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think so necessarily. Players have been cut and picked up elsewhere and then gone on to do well.

As of today though, yes, Tobin looks right
tobin right about wat lol hes done nothing to address our linebacker situation and here we are still thinking of brandon marshall becuase hes probaly better than 3 of the 4 backers on this team
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 11:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: No, not the receiver, the LB. He was just cut from Oakland, and depending on the cost, may be worth a shot. He was a damn good cover linebacker a few years ago in Denver.

Thoughts?

are there other LB options worth considering? I think Marshall is hurt
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: are there other LB options worth considering? I think Marshall is hurt

TEVON CONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:46 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: TEVON CONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coney is the perfect name to come to cinci
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Coney is the perfect name to come to cinci

is there any reason why he wasnt drafted and now a free agent?  with how horrid our linebackers are why not bring in one of colleges best linebackers from last year on a league minimum deal.  we had him in for a pre draft workout and interview.  i dont get it at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 04:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: is there any reason why he wasnt drafted and now a free agent?  with how horrid our linebackers are why not bring in one of colleges best linebackers from last year on a league minimum deal.  we had him in for a pre draft workout and interview.  i dont get it at all.

I know nothing of coney…. and haven't seen him play so I cant say...

Coaches will get it figured out or we will be playing a lot of nickle and dime defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know nothing of coney…. and haven't seen him play so I cant say...

Coaches will get it figured out or we will be playing a lot of nickle and dime defense.

in the most run heavy division in the league that scares me...couple that with who we have at linebacker and it becomes a nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 04:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: in the most run heavy division in the league that scares me...couple that with who we have at linebacker and it becomes a nightmare.

if the top 3 stay healthy all year it wont be much of a problem....    lol...  but 4 is extremely light  cant remember last time we have had so few on our roster outside of 2007 but that was cause they were dropping like flies that year.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 05:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the top 3 stay healthy all year it wont be much of a problem....    lol...  but 4 is extremely light  cant remember last time we have had so few on our roster outside of 2007 but that was cause they were dropping like flies that year.

with hardy nickerson back my worries are gone lol
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 04:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: in the most run heavy division in the league that scares me...couple that with who we have at linebacker and it becomes a nightmare.

I get the sense the Bengals want faster LBs than someone like Coney (or Deshaun Davis).
Many considered Coney a 2-down thumper.
If the Bengals plan to play just 2 LBs 80% of the time, there may not really have been any opportunities for Coney.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get the sense the Bengals want faster LBs than someone like Coney (or Deshaun Davis).
Many considered Coney a 2-down thumper.
If the Bengals plan to play just 2 LBs 80% of the time, there may not really have been any opportunities for Coney.oreston
preston brown is about as slow as they come running at 4.86.  coney ran a 4.72.  and instincts make up for in game speed alot.  hence burficts speed wasnt much of an issue until he was showing up out of shape. and a 2 down thumper sounds about right in the afc north. with guys like vigil evans pratt and brown on the roster their in no excuse not to bring in coney...simply no excuse.  and we are always trying to draft speed at the linebacker and how does that work for us.  they all blow.  their obsession with speed has led us to some terrible picks including our #9 pick in john ross.  quit trying to draft guys that fit one narrative epsecially like speed just draft guy and sign guys who play the game at a high level.  forget the damn combine and watch the damn game tape imo.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:50 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: preston brown is about as slow as they come running at 4.86.  coney ran a 4.72.  and instincts make up for in game speed alot.  hence burficts speed wasnt much of an issue until he was showing up out of shape.  and a 2 down thumper sounds about right in the afc north. with guys like vigil evans pratt and brown on the roster their in no excuse not to bring in coney...simply no excuse.  and we are always trying to draft speed at the linebacker and how does that work for us.  they all blow.  their obsession with speed has led us to some terrible picks including our #9 pick in john ross.  quit trying to draft guys that fit one narrative epsecially like speed just draft guy and sign guys who play the game at a high level.  forget the damn combine and watch the damn game tape imo.  

I get all that. I'm just trying to provide some logic as to why they might not have gone with him. He's not overly athletic or fast and he doesn't make a lot of splash plays. He was a very sound tackler and leader at ND though.
But if you want a 2-down thumper, you might as well go with Teo, who is also still available.
Teo performed better than Coney in college and is still only 28 years old.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But if you want a 2-down thumper, you might as well go with Teo, who is also still available.
Teo performed better than Coney in college and is still only 28 years old.

we need a new hot girlfriend of a teammate in town since McCarron left  lol
Reply/Quote