Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damion Willis 1st game compared to past WRs.
Doing a little research

Damion Willis is the 1st WR in Bengals history
To start as a UNDRAFTED rookie.
This is how other previous Bengal WR greats fared in
Their 1st games

Issac Curtis 4 43
Cris Collionsworth 4 65
Eddie Brown 4 58
Carl Pickens. 1 5
A.J Green. 1 41 1td.

Ironically Collionsworth...Pickens..Brown..
Had their 1st games vs the Seahawks too.
I forgot Chad Johnson but I will look him up.
I think his 1st game was vs the Browns.
But anyhow.
It would be nice to see Willis really make a
Splash vs the Hawks.
The better he can.do then AJ won't have to
Be rushed back.
He can really provide a spark for the offense
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson 2 28 1 td vs Chargers
Reply/Quote
Interesting stats. thanks for the research. Those are some good WR you listed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thread can not be taken seriously...you didn’t even include John Ross!

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thread can not be taken seriously...you didn’t even include John Ross!

Well when he makes his debut, he'll be included... Wait... What?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 07:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Doing a little research

Damion Willis is the 1st WR in Bengals history
To start as a UNDRAFTED rookie.
This is how other previous Bengal WR greats fared in
Their 1st games

Issac Curtis 4   43
Cris Collionsworth   4  65
Eddie Brown  4  58
Carl Pickens.  1     5
A.J Green.       1     41 1td.

Ironically Collionsworth...Pickens..Brown..
Had their 1st games vs the Seahawks too.
I forgot Chad Johnson but I will look him up.
I think his 1st game was vs the Browns.
But anyhow.
It would be nice to see Willis really make a
Splash vs the Hawks.
The better he can.do then AJ won't have to
Be rushed back.
He can really provide  a spark for the offense

Thanks man, like those stats and i like Willis. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I think Willis can step in and be productive without putting pressure
On himself.
He's coming into a offense where talent cupboard isn't bare.
I think past Bengals WRs who stepped into that X role as rookies
Had different expectations put on them than Willis.
If Willis can win battles vs Janorius Jenkins he can do the same vs the Hawks CBers.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 12:38 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Willis can step in and be productive without putting pressure
On himself.
He's coming into a offense where talent cupboard isn't bare.
I think past Bengals WRs who stepped into that X role as rookies
Had different expectations put on them than Willis.
If Willis can win battles vs Janorius Jenkins he can do the same vs the Hawks CBers.

How awesome would it be if this guy was for real?  It would be the definition of found money.  Have him fill in admirably, then get Green back and have a pretty formidable receiving corps for the rest of the year.  Not to mention the fact that he addresses the need to draft another receiver next year if he's legit.  With the needs we have, that's a big deal.

The two players I'll be most interested in watching this season are Michael Jordan and Willis.  If they pan out, it would mean a lot in terms of getting this team going in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
The kid's a hard worker. I read somewhere about him staying late after his HS practices to work on his technique, catching balls. I also heard him say the same about staying late after college practices to get his timing down with Troy's QB. And he's humble about it.

He says he chose us because he wanted the chance to come watch AJ Green, his idol, work. I think if he can get off to a good start, or maybe even if he doesn't, AJ's going to help him develop whatever talent he might have. He landed in a great place with a great mentor and some really good WR coaches.

I don't think any of us knows how good he can be. We'll see on Sunday. If he's anywhere near as good as we hope, we're going to have one of the top 5-10 WRs corps in the league. I don't know if anyone's as good as KCs WRs. If we hope to rank up thre with the Chiefs, some of it depends on Willis, but alot more of it depends on Ross. Can he for us wha Hill is for KC?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
What I like about Willis is that his ascent is not because he is some sort of track start but rather because he plays the ball well in the air and seems to have special skill in hauling the ball in.
Reply/Quote
Willis, also better known as D-Will, is what we all wanted in Ross. Well now we have it. Yes
Reply/Quote
I think in week 1, if he can get 5-6 catches, he will be well on his way.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 12:53 AM)samhain Wrote: How awesome would it be if this guy was for real?  It would be the definition of found money.  Have him fill in admirably, then get Green back and have a pretty formidable receiving corps for the rest of the year.  Not to mention the fact that he addresses the need to draft another receiver next year if he's legit.  With the needs we have, that's a big deal.

The two players I'll be most interested in watching this season are Michael Jordan and Willis.  If they pan out, it would mean a lot in terms of getting this team going in the right direction.

Indeed

It would be a real game changer going into next season because let's face it, AJ isn't getting any younger. If Willis pans out and Jordan is our future LG ? We'll get Williams back at LT, possibly at end of this season ? That opens up draft a bunch !

Stud LBer in round 1 ?
Reply/Quote
You left off the greatest Bengal WR ever.

Auden Tate 0 0 0
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You left off the greatest Bengal WR ever.

Auden Tate 0 0 0

Somehow that's still better than John Ross's first game as a Bengal...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Willis, also better known as D-Will, is what we all wanted in Ross. Well now we have it. Yes

It's still not too late to have what we wanted in Ross in Ross.   As the saying goes, better late than never.  It's getting late but it still ain't never yet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 12:53 AM)samhain Wrote: How awesome would it be if this guy was for real?  It would be the definition of found money.  Have him fill in admirably, then get Green back and have a pretty formidable receiving corps for the rest of the year.  Not to mention the fact that he addresses the need to draft another receiver next year if he's legit.  With the needs we have, that's a big deal.

This would be insanely cool. If Willis plays well it will help out the entire team tons. Same with Jordan.

Pratt is the other rookie I will be watching, loved this guy in college. Will take time with these guys.

Does with all rookies pretty much besides AJ.

(09-03-2019, 01:09 AM)Shady Wrote: The kid's a hard worker. I read somewhere about him staying late after his HS practices to work on his technique, catching balls. I also heard him say the same about staying late after college practices to get his timing down with Troy's QB. And he's humble about it.

He says he chose us because he wanted the chance to come watch AJ Green, his idol, work. I think if he can get off to a good start, or maybe even if he doesn't, AJ's going to help him develop whatever talent he might have. He landed in a great place with a great mentor and some really good WR coaches.

I don't think any of us knows how good he can be. We'll see on Sunday. If he's anywhere near as good as we hope, we're going to have one of the top 5-10 WRs corps in the league. I don't know if anyone's as good as KCs WRs. If we hope to rank up thre with the Chiefs, some of it depends on Willis, but alot more of it depends on Ross. Can he for us wha Hill is for KC?

Love Willis's class.

And yes we have a good WR coach in Bicknell and Taylor and Callahan are good with WR's.

(09-03-2019, 01:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: What I like about Willis is that his ascent is not because he is some sort of track start but rather because he plays the ball well in the air and seems to have special skill in hauling the ball in.

Dude is great at playing the ball in the air. But he is fast too, surprised he went undrafted after watching his highlights.
Reply/Quote