Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate
Signed by the Bills. Good for him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Glad he found work and hope he does well.

Do not hate him but this also ensures he does not magically pop back onto our roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Rex loves him some former Pats. I wish Tate well when he's not playing the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 06:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Glad he found work and hope he does well.

Do not hate him but this also ensures he does not magically pop back onto our roster.
This.
Yes, glad he's on a roster, even more glad it's not ours.
Good luck Bills... I mean Tate.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:15 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: This.
Yes, glad he's on a roster, even more glad it's not ours.
Good luck Bills... I mean Tate.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm happy for Tate. Pretty sure, too, that Marvin gave him a strong recommendation to Rex.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
its funny the hated Tate is the only Bengal that was cut picked up by another team.

I really didnt think he would land on a roster so quick.

I wonder if Rex makes it through the year.
Reply/Quote
GL to Tate, He was serviceable but it's time to move on. Hope he does well in Buffalo.

Reply/Quote
Anybody miss him yet? He currently has 146 KR yards @24.2 per and 68 PR yards @ 17.0 per

Pacman is at 56 KR yards @8.7 and 25 PR yards @ 6.3 per

Erickson has 1 KR for 15 yards and 42 PR yards @ 7.0 per

Not to mention lost fumbles and fair catches on the goal line
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody miss him yet? He currently has 146 KR yards @24.2 per and 68 PR yards @ 17.0 per

Not to mention Burkhead got hurt.

I will continue with my fetish;

Does this mean the haters should man up.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody miss him yet? He currently has 146 KR yards @24.2 per and 68 PR yards @ 17.0 per

To be honest, not really. 

When he was here he was average at best, the team finally decided to try something new and move on from an average player. Yea it hasn't worked out so far but honestly I would rather us try to improve on average players rather than just settling for being mediocre, sometimes we might find that improvement immediately and others may take a couple tries but atleast we don't just stay with an average player for years.

Wish they had tried replacing other average players as well but we seem to be too loyal to some of these players.
Reply/Quote

Watch him burn us for a return TD on 11/20 Smirk 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's a results-oriented world. If the Bengals stick with Tate then they are scared to improve a key position while the team has a window to win it all. If we switch to Erikson we are stupid because a team with a window to win it all shouldn't take a position that isn't an issue and toss the dice on it becoming a liability.

Until Erickson out plays Tate this is a bad move.
Reply/Quote

Nope. I'm fairly certain that Marvin is being Marvin and has ordered an ultra-conservative returns and Erickson is following orders.

Besides we you can take that 24.2 yards per KR with a grain of salt. How many of those returns fell short of the 25 or should have been kneel downs? If it's like the last two years, most of them.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 11:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Nope. I'm fairly certain that Marvin is being Marvin and has ordered an ultra-conservative returns and Erickson is following orders.

Besides we you can take that 24.2 yards per KR with a grain of salt. How many of those returns fell short of the 25 or should have been kneel downs? If it's like the last two years, most of them.

actually positioning on the field, air time etc tends to dictate a fair catch.. Erickson has show poor judgement on his part.  I have seen a couple times him being talked to after a catch about his decision making.. don;t blame Marvin for a rookie error to judgement... please

Now with that said he is a rookie and i believe will get better 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  actually positioning the field tends to dictate a fair catch.. Erickson has show poor judgement on his part.  I have seen a few times him being talked to after a catch about his decision making.. don;t blame Marvin for a rookie error to judgement... please

Erickson will learn and meanwhile things will be in conservative mode with a rookie back there. That is the Marvin way.

Tate's a vet and he never learned when and when not to take a knee. The team didn't make the switch for no reason at all.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Erickson will learn and meanwhile things will be in conservative mode with a rookie back there. That is the Marvin way.

Tate's a vet and he never learned when and when not to take a knee. The team didn't make the switch for no reason at all.

Actually if we were so conservative.. Marvin would have told him not to catch a ball inside the 10 to lesson the chance of a fumble.. so sorry your logic does not work for excusing mistakes by Erickson and blaming them on Marvin for me.
Reply/Quote

Were the same guys who hated on Hunt hating on Tate? I understand everyone gets an opinion, but the hate for some guys like those and add Peko, Rey M. is hard to read at times. I am very glad we did not listen to fans and get rid of Peko, Rey M. and Hunt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Depth has taken a big hit for the Bengals, and depth is your ST play. The blocking just hasn't been there this year. Even Adam Jones can't get anything out there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Were the same guys who hated on Hunt hating on Tate? I understand everyone gets an opinion, but the hate for some guys like those and add Peko, Rey M. is hard to read at times. I am very glad we did not listen to fans and get rid of Peko, Rey M. and Hunt.

Yes, Hunt is making folks eat some crow this year; however, I can understand the criticizim of him in the past. I never understood the hate for Tate. Dude was a model citizen while here and a very good special teams player and returner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Depth has taken a big hit for the Bengals, and depth is your ST play. The blocking just hasn't been there this year. Even Adam Jones can't get anything out there.

Can we say how important our man Peerman is right now.. we miss our Stud of a ST player...
Reply/Quote