Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate's Catch
I know it's probably posted somewhere, I just don't see it.
So for your viewing pleasure, here is that guy who we almost got rid of this season.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/650749621405224961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Reply/Quote
That catch was sublime, and Mr. Tate had the awareness to get up and score.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finally he paid dividends

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great catch, showed a lot of heart. This whole team is showing me something i haven't seen from them before.

It is still only a quarter through the season but we might have a great thing going on here.
Reply/Quote
i think it's funny how much the mainstream media hates that the bengals are playing well, this catch didn't even make the top 5 list that NFL.com makes weekly
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:13 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: i think it's funny how much the mainstream media hates that the bengals are playing well, this catch didn't even make the top 5 list that NFL.com makes weekly

Yeah, pretty quiet out there for a 4-0 team that has pretty much dominated so far.

Probably a good thing though. I just hope we keep playing this well once we get in the spot light.

They cannot ignore us forever.
Reply/Quote
lol I imagine they're gonna try
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, pretty quiet out there for a 4-0 team that has pretty much dominated so far.

Probably a good thing though. I just hope we keep playing this well once we get in the spot light.

They cannot ignore us forever.

i dont know if its they dont wanna talk about us... Or they think they will jinx us if they do... So they just stay quiet.

If you watch some of the NFL Network shows they have been giving shot outs to the bengals towards the end of the show. But most keep saying dalton has to show me in the playoffs... But thats 13 weeks away. (14 for us im predicting)
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont know if its they dont wanna talk about us... Or they think they will jinx us if they do... So they just stay quiet.

If you watch some of the NFL Network shows they have been giving shot outs to the bengals towards the end of the show.  But most keep saying dalton has to show me in the playoffs...  But thats 13 weeks away.  (14 for us im predicting)

Yeah, but as Andy said we aren't in the Playoffs right now so we just have to concentrate on one game at a time.

We keep this mentality up who knows how far we could go. This team looks good. I agree, 14 weeks away if the team keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
Waiting for someone to say.

"Well now he just ensured himself a roster spot for the next Decade! We will never get a good punt returner now, even if Tate is in the better half of punt returners!" Ninja
Reply/Quote
You have to give him props for making the most out of the situation. That catch was clutch.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:58 PM)MentalRage Wrote: You have to give him props for making the most out of the situation. That catch was clutch.

Yeah, I've not been a fan and wanted someone to beat him out.

But it was a heck of a catch and play.   I was a fan yesterday for sure.
Reply/Quote
Happy Birthday Bradon Tate.
Reply/Quote
What's not to like about the play? Good catch, good awareness and good thinking to get up before he got touched and spring into the endzone. I think Tate knows that if he wants to (for example) push past Sanu on the WR depth chart he needs to show he can make the plays.,
Reply/Quote
Hell of a catch and great awareness to get up and score, which I'm not taking anything away from him, but let's not act like one good (great?) play makes up for so many plays of not doing anything and so many horrible decision on punt returns or returns where he did nothing.

I will give him credit for that play, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell of a catch and great awareness to get up and score, which I'm not taking anything away from him, but let's not act like one good (great?) play makes up for so many plays of not doing anything and so many horrible decision on punt returns or returns where he did nothing.

I will give him credit for that play, though.

Hes been a top 10 returner for several years now.... They all have bad returns alot of that isnt on him but the blockers and the defense making plays.

I still dont know why everyone hates him as our return guy... You should all be happy hes here now that A Jones might miss some time... Better than having a fast rookie who cant catch a punt
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:13 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: i think it's funny how much the mainstream media hates that the bengals are playing well, this catch didn't even make the top 5 list that NFL.com makes weekly

I'm sorry I doubted you.  I actually went to nfl.com and watched their top 5 catches of the week because I thought you were mistaken.  First of all there is still tonight's game to go so great job by them posting the 'weekly' too early but how is Tate's catch at least not #4?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes been a top 10 returner for several years now....  They all have bad returns alot of that isnt on him but the blockers and the defense making plays.

I still dont know why everyone hates him as our return guy... You should all be happy hes here now that A Jones might miss some time...  Better than having a fast rookie who cant catch a punt

totally agree... Tate is a solid team player... he came up clutch.... great for him... he has a ton of respect in the locker room that goes along way also
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:56 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I know it's probably posted somewhere, I just don't see it.
So for your viewing pleasure, here is that guy who we almost got rid of this season.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/650749621405224961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ive been screaming from the highest mountain for 2 years he's a better WR than KR.

He catches everything thrown his way, look at his targets and catches.  

Do I like him as a KR..heck no (but he does hold onto to the rock).  As a #4 or #5 cheap WR, yes I will take him.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: What's not to like about the play? Good catch, good awareness and good thinking to get up before he got touched and spring into the endzone. I think Tate knows that if he wants to (for example) push past Sanu on the WR depth chart he needs to show he can make the plays.,

Nail on head but moreover I think that's what's pushing many players to perform better. 

Heck, I have this weird notion AD got a little nervous watching AJ McC look good in pre-season and maybe heard the murmur about him supplanting AD if AD didn't improve. 

I think Marvin Jones threatens Green a bit too. MJ has mad skills. 

Gio was unseated by Hill and now he is shining due to the competition 

Hill rose up last week in light of the same. 

All this talent and desire for playing time or to be the best at their respective positions are driving this team to greatness. 
Reply/Quote