Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate's Catch
I think Andy has been very unbiased in his distribution of the ball. He is trusting everyone, making it easier to throw to guys other than AJ.

Marvin Jones whiffed on his shot, so he took a shot to Brandon Tate.

AJ, Eifert, Jones, Sanu, Burkhead, Tate, Gio. Andy trusts these guys and will throw it up for em. I love it. You have to have a comfort level with everyone on the field and it is showing.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont know if its they dont wanna talk about us... Or they think they will jinx us if they do... So they just stay quiet.

If you watch some of the NFL Network shows they have been giving shot outs to the bengals towards the end of the show.  But most keep saying dalton has to show me in the playoffs...  But thats 13 weeks away.  (14 for us im predicting)

I doubt the national media cares about jinxing us.  3/4 of their coverage is dedicated to the NFC East, The Jets, Peyton Manning and Rodgers.  We're starting to carve out a little bit of that reaminging 25%, though.  Beat Seattle and we'll really be a hot topic (being discussed a lot, not that crappy clothing store at the mall). 

(10-05-2015, 03:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes been a top 10 returner for several years now....  They all have bad returns alot of that isnt on him but the blockers and the defense making plays.

I still dont know why everyone hates him as our return guy... You should all be happy hes here now that A Jones might miss some time...  Better than having a fast rookie who cant catch a punt

He's not flashy, or a risk taker.  Just a solid, maybe slightly over-cautious, dependable returner, and I'm fine with that.  Guess they want a riverboat gambler coming 9 yards deep out of the end zone just to get clobbered at the 15.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
--The fact that Tate liked to return kick offs from 9 yards deep in the end zone upset people so much that they ddin't notice he had decent return skills. He has had multiple big game changing returns for us over the last few years.

--My favorite part of his td catch was watching Dalton slip out of the pocket and maker such a great throw on the move.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: --The fact that Tate liked to return kick offs from 9 yards deep in the end zone upset people so much that they ddin't notice he had decent return skills.  He has had multiple big game changing returns for us over the last few years.

--My favorite part of his td catch was watching Dalton slip out of the pocket and maker such a great throw on the move.

My only problem with Tate was given our lack of depth at the WR position last year, it would have been better having a return man that could also impact the game on offense. 

He had 26 targets last year.   
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:28 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: My only problem with Tate was given our lack of depth at the WR position last year, it would have been better having a return man that could also impact the game on offense. 

He had 26 targets last year.   

yeah but TATE isnt gonna win alot when hes gonig up against the #1 or #2 of another team. but when hes getting the nickle guy or a saftey he should be good.

Dude does have good hands though. we dont use him enough he should be out there a couple times a game i think. just to change things up. It seems tate knows the scramble drill as well something this team hasnt really been good at till recently.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is extremely accurate this year, long ball and short. I noticed a long ball earlier this year that AJ didn't run all out for (again), other than that everything is on a rope and dime when it needs to be. He has also kept players out of trouble with his passes.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote