Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Thompson
(08-22-2017, 01:54 PM)McC Wrote: The problem with doing that now is that it leaves Geno without a position.

I've always wondered if he could somehow play 3-4 DE. Probably not though due to his lack of length, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've always wondered if he could somehow play 3-4 DE. Probably not though due to his lack of length, eh?

Yeah.  Don't think you see many 3-4 ends 6' tall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 02:10 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  Don't think you see many 3-4 ends 6' tall.

Not YET you mean! Who Dey
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not YET you mean! Who Dey

I'm sure he would give it a hell of an effort.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Brandon was claimed by Cleveland.

Another mans trash.......
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 03:41 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Brandon was claimed by Cleveland.

Another mans trash.......

Ya beat me to it. I tell what, Cleveland is building one hell of a team. I'm not saying This because they picked up Thompson, just led me to this topic. They have a scary D line, their quietly loading up on skill players. They get a QB look out. I know it sounds silly but this is a team that could flip the AFCN upside down.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 04:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ya beat me to it. I tell what, Cleveland is building one hell of a team. I'm not saying This because they picked up Thompson, just led me to this topic. They have a scary D line, their quietly loading up on skill players. They get a QB look out. I know it sounds silly but this is a team that could flip the AFCN upside down.

Browns also have one of the best OL's in NFL and DL is fast becoming very good. You win and lose in the trenches so they are building in the right places. I do question their CB's and their skill players. Britt is a good but not great #1 and Coleman will be good as well, but I don't see them helping an average QB excel even with that great OL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 09:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Browns also have one of the best OL's in NFL and DL is fast becoming very good. You win and lose in the trenches so they are building in the right places. I do question their CB's and their skill players. Britt is a good but not great #1 and Coleman will be good as well, but I don't see them helping an average QB excel evem with that great OL.

Agree.....but as you say, the foundation is laid in the trenches....and they are very solid there.  A few skill guys here and there in FA and draft, land a good QB.....and this team could hang around for several years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agree.....but as you say, the foundation is laid in the trenches....and they are very solid there.  A few skill guys here and there in FA and draft, land a good QB.....and this team could hang around for several years.

I agree and they will not be an easy win for us in 2017 so we better buckle up because the season quickly can go south with a loss to the Browns.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 02:10 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  Don't think you see many 3-4 ends 6' tall.

Aaron Donald is now a 3-4 end.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 10:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and they will not be an easy win for us in 2017 so we better buckle up because the season quickly can go south with a loss to the Browns.

Yup.....I look for them to surprise a few folks this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....I look for them to surprise a few folks this year.

Did you see Ereck Flowers try to block Myles Garrett? 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 10:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: Aaron Donald is now a 3-4 end.

Then that's the last we'll hear from him.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....I look for them to surprise a few folks this year.

They might actually win two games this year.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Did you see Ereck Flowers try to block Myles Garrett? 

I wasn't to impress with Garrett during that game.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:53 AM)McC Wrote: Then that's the last we'll hear from him.

Not at all. Have you heard of Jurrel Casey?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Did you see Ereck Flowers try to block Myles Garrett? 

I know you think Ced sucks. Well I think Flowers sucks so I have no idea how good Garrett is based on that performance.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know you think Ced sucks. Well I think Flowers sucks so I have no idea how good Garrett is based on that performance.

FWIW, Ereck Flowers was also bad last year (#62 tackle, 50.2 rating) according to PFF. Ogbuehi was somewhat worse though (#68 tackle, 44.2 rating).

So if Garrett did well against Flowers, I'd expect about the same quality performance against Ogbuehi.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 11:54 AM)McC Wrote: They might actually win two games this year.

Nah, 4  Ninja

But seriously, I think if Hue starts Kizer over Osweiler (I don't think Kizer is all that great, I just think Osweiler is that bad) they could sneak into the playoffs like we did in 2011. If they stay healthy Cleveland is going to be a tough team to beat.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would have taken Elflein or Pocic in Round 2, Jeremy McNichols with the first 5th rounder, and taken Elliott or Gonzalez with the 5th round comp.
But next year looks to have some solid C prospects too, so if the OL doesn't pan out this year, I expect/hope to see (multiple) OL selected within the first few rounds.

Man I really liked McNichols. I haven't heard anything about him this pre season, you know if he's doing any good. Hell I don't even know who drafted him.
Reply/Quote