Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Wilson
If a steeler or patriot made that special teams play, it isn't flagged. It looked PERFECTLY timed and what a play it COULD have been. I love that he is using his speed to help the team and those kind of plays can be game-changers. I hope they don't try to take away his aggressiveness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If a steeler or patriot made that special teams play, it isn't flagged.  It looked PERFECTLY timed and what a play it COULD have been.  I love that he is using his speed to help the team and those kind of plays can be game-changers.  I hope they don't try to take away his aggressiveness.

I thought he was there slightly early, kind of a bang bang play. The one before where McRae did almost the same thing I think got them second guessing a bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If a steeler or patriot made that special teams play, it isn't flagged.  It looked PERFECTLY timed and what a play it COULD have been.  I love that he is using his speed to help the team and those kind of plays can be game-changers.  I hope they don't try to take away his aggressiveness.

I though the was a tad early and they called it because of the fumble. But, we have some major speed on teams with Wilson and McCrae. They will cause turnovers as the year progresses or a lot of fair catches.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If the return man won't call for a fair catch, he should be hit. That's, like, the entire point of a fair catch. I thought that was just another slap in the face from this game. The fact that the Bengals won despite having the refs give the Colts countless freebies means we were twice as good as we needed to be to win. That's a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the return man won't call for a fair catch, he should be hit. That's, like, the entire point of a fair catch. I thought that was just another slap in the face from this game. The fact that the Bengals won despite having the refs give the Colts countless freebies means we were twice as good as we needed to be to win. That's a good sign.

He got there too early fair catch or not it doesn't matter. You can't hit the return guy before he has the ball, hence why being slightly early is a problem.
Reply/Quote
And the ref announced that he didn't give the guy time to make a fair catch, when a fair catch wasn't called. Just another, in a long line, of BS calls by the refs this game...... I just wonder if this head office ever makes their displeasure known to the league about some of the officiating.
Reply/Quote
Section 1 Opportunity to Catch a Kick
INTERFERENCE

Article 1 During a scrimmage kick that crosses the line of scrimmage, or during a free kick, members of
the kicking team are prohibited from interfering with any receiver making an attempt to catch the airborne
kick, or from obstructing or hindering his path to the airborne kick, and regardless of whether any signal
was given.

Item 1: Contact with Receiver. It is interference if a player of the kicking team contacts the receiver, or
causes a passive player of either team to contact the receiver, before or simultaneous to his touching
the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And the ref announced that he didn't give the guy time to make a fair catch, when a fair catch wasn't called. Just another, in a long line, of BS calls by the refs this game...... I just wonder if this head office ever makes their displeasure known to the league about some of the officiating.

I am going to be called X-files or tin foil hat, but these horrible calls always seem to be directed as small market teams.  Indy is a small market team, but they have a supposed superstar in Luck.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am going to be called X-files or tin foil hat, but these horrible calls always seem to be directed as small market teams.  Indy is a small market team, but they have a supposed superstar in Luck.  

I get what you're saying but that was a good call. The right call. The Bengals player hit him early which is what resulted in him fumbling. I don't understand some of you people with your little man syndrome concocting conspiracies and slights where they don't exist. Were there a number of bad calls/no calls that went against the Bengals? Yes. Was this one of them? Not even close. Anyone who watched the replay who's not a blind bengal homer knows it was the right call. 
Reply/Quote