Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Braxton Miller=Sanu
3rd round wound be OK with me. not in the 2nd round tho.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Make it stop! Sanu was an accomplished WR in college with over 2200 yards receiving. Braxton had a whooping 300 yards and couldn't even get on the field enough in a simple WR offensive scheme against crappy opponents. He may be athletic but the dude is far from being very smart. How can anyone reasonably expect him to be an NFL contributor?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:50 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Make it stop!  Sanu was an accomplished WR in college with over 2200 yards receiving.  Braxton had a whooping 300 yards and couldn't even get on the field enough in a simple WR offensive scheme against crappy opponents.  He may be athletic but the dude is far from being very smart.  How can anyone reasonably expect him to be an NFL contributor?

A lot of teams because he's going to be drafted in the top 50, if not higher.  Guys who you "don't reasonably expect to contribute" won't get drafted at all...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 04:50 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Make it stop!  Sanu was an accomplished WR in college with over 2200 yards receiving.  Braxton had a whooping 300 yards and couldn't even get on the field enough in a simple WR offensive scheme against crappy opponents.  He may be athletic but the dude is far from being very smart.  How can anyone reasonably expect him to be an NFL contributor?

Chad Johnson college receiving yards: 806
Ryan Whalen college receiving yards: 1,884
Brandon Tate college receiving yards: 2,688
Mardy Gilyard college receiving yards: 3,003
Tavon Austin college receiving yards: 3,413

Antonio Gates college receiving yards: 0
Jimmy Graham college receiving yards: 213
Rob Gronkowski college receiving yards: 1,197
Coby Fleener college receiving yards: 1,543
Jermaine Gresham college receiving yards: 1,629
Gavin Escobar college receiving yards: 1,646

If college yards are the only thing you're looking at to the point of ignoring everything else, you're going to make some really really laughably poor decisions.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he also played in an offense with a first round pick at RB, a first round pick at WR, another WR who declared for the draft and on a team that blew out 2/3 of their opponents.

Using "stats" to bash Miller is stupid. I can get the knocks on him, that he's inexperienced, injury prone, not elite in any aspect, etc...
Reply/Quote
I will readily admit that I did not see a ton of Braxton Miller. From what I did see, the comparisons basically stop at the fact they both used to play quarterback. Miller is way faster than Sanu and seems much more athletic.

I am fearful of using a second round pick on him. My thoughts are they will need a receiver who can contribute immediately. I doubt that is Miller simply because of lack of experience. If they were to draft a starting wide receiver, then take Miller later (wherever that may be), I would be good with that. Problem is, I think there are other needs that make taking a receiver with the first two picks highly unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chad Johnson college receiving yards: 806

If college yards are the only thing you're looking at to the point of ignoring everything else, you're going to make some really really laughably poor decisions.

I was on the Mardy bandwagon. Glad we didn't end up getting him.
Reply/Quote
I haven't been impressed with Miller. I hope we don't waste a 2nd round pick on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No, not high on Miller.

Ran basically numerous slant routes and go routes. Not used to using footwork in difficult routes. He has a ton of great building blocks, but he's going to take time to learn. Sanu was more NFL ready.

Honestly, they're both very different players. They're both athletic, but Sanu was definitely more NFL ready.

Plus, we don't know how Miller will pan out. He's a very high risk/high reward guy. In the 3rd round I'd give him a shot. Not before it, though
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Braxton might be the most athletic player in the draft, but hes just too raw of a player to take to fill such an immediate need at WR. Ill pass on him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I was on the Mardy bandwagon. Glad we didn't end up getting him.

I really thought he'd hang around as an okay NFL WR at least. I sure didn't think he'd end up with less than 100 yards before being out. The teams he ended up on sure didn't help him though. He had Bradford, Vick, and Sanchez as QBs. In 2010 (Rams) and 2012 (Eagles, Jets) when he played, those three teams QBs went a combined 49 TD/48 INT. Not saying he *is* NFL talent, but that's also just some real shit luck on his part too. I think the difference between Gilyard and someone like Caldwell who now has a SB Ring and 8 years... is Gilyard got that crap pile of QBs and Caldwell got Palmer and Manning.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chad Johnson college receiving yards: 806

You would have been better off comparing Braxton to Matt Jones and Eric Crouch (both busts) since the comparison is really about QBs converting to WR.  The odds are stacked against him since there have only been a few QBs who have made the transition successfully.  How many teams past over Gates and Graham?  Hindsight is always 20-20.  My point was simply to stop people from comparing Sanu and Braxton since it's really apples to oranges.  

(03-15-2016, 05:41 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Yeah, he also played in an offense with a first round pick at RB, a first round pick at WR, another WR who declared for the draft and on a team that blew out 2/3 of their opponents.

Using "stats" to bash Miller is stupid.  I can get the knocks on him, that he's inexperienced, injury prone, not elite in any aspect, etc...

Yeah, 35% of his receiving stats came in the first two games of the year...what happened the rest of the year?  Who else was on the field is irrelevant.  Urban had Tebow and Harvin running the show at Florida yet Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper and Louis Murphy got their stats so yeah, stats are important albeit not everything.  And if they're blowing out their mediocre opponents...why didn't Braxton get more reps or have better success?  His football IQ is not that high and that's a big deal in the NFL. Yeah, I just provided something other than stats on why not to draft him.

Got to love the Ohio State homers!
Reply/Quote
Think Braxton is worth the gamble with a very high upside. Especially in 2nd round.

if he became a playmaker at this level he is capable of then it would really open up Bengals offense with AJ, Eiffert, and Miller.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 10:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone else think Miller would be a good replacement for Sanu? If so how what round are you willing to take him.

I am sure you already took a lot of guff for the comparison so i will just say this...

Miller has the speed that Sanu does not and is more of a playmaker in every way but he is still unpolished
and i don't believe he is worth a 2nd round pick. I don't think he will make an immediate impact as a rookie
unlike lots of others could in this draft.

I like Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell, Shephard, Doctson, Boyd, Wilson all better and could add a couple more.
Reply/Quote
I've seen people project him in the first round, which is ***** ludicrous.

I'd take him in the third, if he were still there. But not before.

You can't take a guy at WR with so little experience at the position any earlier than that.
Reply/Quote
The only way I'd consider Braxton is if he were there in the 3rd round or if by some chance McCarron got traded and we received extra picks.

I still would be inclined to draft a true WR with talent before him though.

The only plus side I guess would be a 3rd option at QB and perhaps a future kick/punt returner.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Braxton Miller caught a whopping 24 balls for 340 yards.

Lolol

80 of those yards came in the 1st game, so over the last like 11 osu games, he accounted for under 25 yards per game.

OSU homers are hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:46 PM)513312 Wrote: Braxton Miller caught a whopping 24 balls for 340 yards.

Lolol

80 of those yards came in the 1st game, so over the last like 11 osu games, he accounted for under 25 yards per game.

I don't think it's OSU fans alone.  The media has been hyping him because he's a big time name and athlete.

That said, he's one of the top five risks in the draft if he goes anywhere near where he's projected.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:46 PM)513312 Wrote: Braxton Miller caught a whopping 24 balls for 340 yards.

Lolol

I love Ohio state as much as anyone and I want nothing to do with Braxton. He certainly has potential because his athletic ability is through the roof, but I have a hard time seeing him truly excel in the NFL. Now if we were talking Ohio states Michael Thomas it would be a different story. I think that kid has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL. Unfortunately, in my opinion, he's not worth a first pick because he won't be BPA and it's doubtful he will be there in round 2, so it's a no go on him as well I suppose.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: First off, I really don't much care for threads that say Player X = Player Y.  That is BS, each person is an individual, and should be judged on their own particular characteristics.  So, with that out of the way, onto Braxton Miller.  He's got good size, good speed, amazing agility, reaction, and field awareness.  He's still really raw as a pure receiver, and his throwing shoulder is done, that is for sure.

So, I would not gamble on him before the 3rd round.  (and I am a true OSU homer  Wink )

I like the third round assessment.  So dynamic but he seemed injury prone in college so in NFL I worry about him.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote