Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break down depth in 2022 draft at each spot
Simple thread: list how you feel about each position in this draft and where the best value is. Once you’re done, list our picks and which position you would target based SOLELY on the depth YOU see in the draft and our current needs.

WR: I Like the depth in the first 3-4 rounds. Best value: round 3

TE: Many say it’s a weak TE class but I really like the depth in the middle rounds 3-4. Best value round 4.

QB: Not impressed with this class. Don’t like the top of it. Best value: late rounds for possible solid backup or two as steals in the right systems. I’d avoid it entirely in this draft though.

OL: Not crazy about guys likely to be there by pick 31 but a lot of solid players throughout the draft. Could see solid value picks anywhere but best value rounds 2-3.

RB: Really like the value throughout the draft. Best value: rounds 5-7. I’d avoid drafting one early. Like a lot of the talent late combined with the low stock teams usually put into the “star” RB’s.

DT: Not crazy about the draft at this spot. A player here and there I like but not great depth. Specifically for a 3T type.

DE/pass rusher: love the first round talent this year. Most will likely be gone by 31 but one could fall. Best value round 1, but for us likely best value would be solid guys in round 2-3. Not crazy about late round guys.

LB: interesting depth in the first 4 rounds. Best value round 2-3.

Safety: I really like the depth in this class in the first 5 rounds, although a lot of experts seem to disagree. Best value: rounds 2-4

CB: I love the depth in rounds 1-7 in this draft. If there was one position we doubled up on in this draft I’d say CB should be it based on this years depth. Best value: hard for me to pick, I’d say round 3-4 may be the sweet spot to get a future starter at great value though.

My draft based on how I view the value this year:

1-CB
2-DE
3-WR
4-TE
5-S
6-RB
7-OL
7-CB

The closer we get to the draft the more unimpressed I am with guys projected to go 31-50 compared to those going 50-125.

I also really like the depth in rounds 2-4 in this class across the board. I’d love to draft down 10-15 spots and pick up another 2-4th rounder or two. I think there are a lot of guys LB/S/CB/TE/OL in that range who could come in and be depth this year while growing and being potential starters down the line. Perfect for the roster we have after FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe too much to go by rd, but I would say this:

DE: Lots of mid-first round talent. Hutchinson and Thibedaux are always talked 1-2, but I'd not be surprised at all to Walker and JohnsonII to have a better early career

OT: Weak overall. There's only about 2 that would be sure-fire first rounders in most drafts (Evans/Ekwonu). If you don't get them or Penning/Cross you're better off just waiting

IOL: Deep but not top heavy. Green/Linderbaum are the only sure fire locks and I'm not big on either. There is some solid mind round talent

CB: Deep, deep,deep..

S: Top heavy

TE: Deep

SO I'd go:

1-S
2-CB
3-TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DE: Excellent value through 2 rounds.
DT Sparse through 2 rounds
CB, S, LB: Good through 4 rounds
OL, WR: Good through 7 rounds
TE: Weak top and then OK from 3-5.
RB: Strong rounds 2-4.
QB: Don't bother.
Reply/Quote
I try to do a mock based on this method, but amazing detail and this thread should be stickeyed
Reply/Quote