Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break out player for 2017.....
(03-05-2017, 05:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tyler Boyd. We saw a few times earlier in the season where he would be open in the seam and Dalton just didn't see him. Think if they give him more shots on the outside and more chemistry with Dalton, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a breakout year. Not saying a 1,000 yard season. But a still will have a good season.

This right here.

I expect him to be significantly more productive this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: Since no one has mentioned him, I will.  Nick  Vigil.  This is every bit as much hoping as it is predicting.

Vigil showed well, when he played.  I would certainly expect his progression to be noteworthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Since the good ones are already taken, I go with Cody Core.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 05:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tyler Boyd. We saw a few times earlier in the season where he would be open in the seam and Dalton just didn't see him. Think if they give him more shots on the outside and more chemistry with Dalton, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a breakout year. Not saying a 1,000 yard season. But a still will have a good season.

My thoughts exactly
Reply/Quote
Darqueze Dennard.

He's healthy now, he's smart, and he's seen a few seasons at NFL speed. If Adam Jones is suspended and Dre Kirkpatrick walks, the No Fly Zone will start -- and excel.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Darqueze Dennard.

He's healthy now, he's smart, and he's seen a few seasons at NFL speed. If Adam Jones is suspended and Dre Kirkpatrick walks, the No Fly Zone will start -- and excel.
I sure hope your enthusiasm is warranted. The Defense will need him to play really well.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton Ninja

Reply/Quote
Call it wishful/hopeful thinking, but I'll go with Shawn Williams. He has the talent, and did well as a reserve just seemed a little out of sorts in his first experience as a full time starter. Hopeful that he steps up this year and really opens some eyes at the back-end of the secondary.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Since the good ones are already taken, I go with Cody Core.

That's who I was going to mention. He showed some flashes in his small amount of snaps last year. I'd love to see him step up and look like a legit #2WR. 

Reply/Quote
I would like to see Tyler Eifert get back to healthy and normal this year. He helps this team win when he's on the field.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:09 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would like to see Tyler Eifert get back to healthy and normal this year. He helps this team win when he's on the field.

No doubt about it. Eifert was the reason this team went from "good" to looking epic in 2015 prior to Dalton's injury.

If he could stay healthy, he'd be a top 5 TE for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think Tyler Boyd takes a big step this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 02:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I said Will Clarke last year and he improve but not he didn't have a breakout season. Still a good choice for this year.

I'm gonna say Ogbuehi. Just because.

I came here to say that I hoped it was Cedric....we really need him to.  I would go with hoping it was Bodine, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: I came here to say that I hoped it was Cedric....we really need him to.  I would go with hoping it was Bodine, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.
It was never even a ship.  It was a raft tied together with old shoe laces.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 06:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Darqueze Dennard.

I can get down with this. Dennard has had a weird first couple of seasons in the NFL. Sat out a year, injured, etc. 

Im not ready to give up on him yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:09 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would like to see Tyler Eifert get back to healthy and normal this year. He helps this team win when he's on the field.

Isn't him being "normal" him being injured? 

I no longer count on Eiffert to be a productive member of this team. He just gets injured and sits out too often. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Isn't him being "normal" him being injured? 

I no longer count on Eiffert to be a productive member of this team. He just gets injured and sits out too often. 

Same here.  The biggest ability in the NFL is availability.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Boyd and/or Core could have big years.

Young WR's generally make a big jump from Year 1 to Year 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 04:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope he doesn't start at RT, but if it does, I hope he plays well.

Ugh, I could see Hill having a great season again for his contract year. Take the Doug Martin approach. Great rookie season, two crap seasons, great contract year, get paid in FA, go back to being crap. It's why I am hesitant on Kirkpatrick in FA, too. People who wait until their contract year to put it together always make me hesitate. Was it coincidence, or was it the lure of getting paid? How will they react after getting paid again?

Like Reinard Wilson.
Reply/Quote
P J Dawson is no longer on the Bengals roster.

They cut him last year.
Reply/Quote