Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-06-2023, 02:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really. Cause the receipts are everywhere. I won’t bother quoting folks even you because. Well… Folks can read. The calf was blamed for the protection issues that film has now proven otherwise, the calf was blamed for the play calling as if we haven’t pointed out Zac’s play calling the last couple years as being below par, the calf was blamed for the missed reads that even Chase highlighted … I can go on and on.

The play calling and protections have been subpar on their own at times. That's not really as big of an issue because Burrow has had to deal with that for the last 2 successful years. Adding in the calf has been what's made it look so bad this year. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The play calling and protections have been subpar on their own at times. That's not really as big of an issue because Burrow has had to deal with that for the last 2 successful years. Adding in the calf has been what's made it look so bad this year. 

Yep, the calf has been the topper. Burrow never suffered from a soft tissue injury either which also messed with his head.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because you are the only one that has rejected that the calf is the cause of Joe's issues this year. (Whilst simultaneously claiming "injuries" have ruined Joe)

Luck's final season before his injuries supposedly caught up to him: 430 comp 53 att 67.3 comp% 4593 yards 39 TDs 15 INTs. Yeah, those injuries sure did ruin Andrew Luck. Rolleyes

You literally said Joe Burrow is "ruined" and his window has closed.

Why are you so triggered by me? Honestly. I don't even know what all you've said this week and certainly don't care enough to go back and read all of your posts, And here you are trying to dispute every post of mine this week many of which I don't even remember. Luck retired before his play dropped off. So that is that. It was coming tho. 

I asked earlier when folks said Burrow wouldn't make it long taking the beatings he took what did they think that would look like? Did they think he was just going to quit or retire? Or did they think the injuries would catch up to his play? I didn't get any answer because people know I am speaking the truth and would rather not answer the tough questions (no one even realized Luck's inability to recover from a calf injury was what did him in. Or they did but hated to admit me bringing up Luck was with purpose (ie same injury).

And I nor you have seen anything to change my opinion that Burrow is ruined or the window is closed. The key is I have his stats from this year to back up my opinion. As the worst QB play we've seen around here and as you say due to injury, what are you still even debating me about? Get over it. I shouldn't still have you so worked up on a Friday after a loss about something I said after the game or the next day. I am certainly am over it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also for the record since no one answered.

Luck struggled to come back from...... You guessed it. A left calf strain. He then called it quits. Your body does break down and the more of a beating it takes the harder it is to heal. Sure it's my opinion but it is fact based (which is what I meant when I said factual opinion) and really not some hot take. It's basic anatomy.

You've seen the end of great careers due to what you'd think was a minor issue all the time. Why? Because the injuries, the physical toll a sport takes all adds up.

You’re referring to physiology. Physiology is different than anatomy. Physiology is the study of how the body functions. Anatomy is the study of the body’s structure. A femur is anatomy. How a femur fracture heals is physiology. If you don’t know the difference it really calls into to question your ability to analyze Burrow’s prognosis.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re referring to physiology. Physiology is different than anatomy. Physiology is the study of how the body functions. Anatomy is the study of the body’s structure. A femur is anatomy. How a femur fracture heals is physiology. If you don’t know the difference it really calls into to question your ability to analyze Burrow’s prognosis.

I don't care about any of that. You got my point. And that is all I care about. I'm not here to pass your anatomy/physiology test. Or anyone spell check test, grammar test, or any other test people like to fail people on to make themselves feel smart, because they can't dispute the point.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 04:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't care about any of that. You got my point. And that is all I care about. I'm not here to pass your anatomy/physiology test. Or anyone spell check test, grammar test, or any other test people like to fail people on to make themselves feel smart, because they can't dispute the point.

My point is you don’t know basic information which is the foundation to build upon. You’re not here to pass an anatomy and physiology test, but you are here to give us your Burrow injury prognosis without even knowing the diagnosis? LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 05:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My point is you don’t know basic information which is the foundation to build upon. You’re not here to pass an anatomy and physiology test, but you are here to give us your Burrow injury prognosis without even knowing the diagnosis? LOL

All I've discussed as you repeatedly have seen people (well one person) try to debate me about is his taking a beating and how it's effected his play and what that can do to a career. How injuries take a toll on a body. It's not rocket science (if that's even a science, or if people should only use that saying for the study of rockets. I'll let you figure that out).

Everyone else, which must be who you are talking about has focused on the calf and tried to tell me about the injury/prognosis/diagnosis and all I'm supposed to take into consideration when analyzing his play. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 05:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: All I've discussed as you repeatedly have seen people (well one person) try to debate me about is his taking a beating and how it's effected his play and what that can do to a career. How injuries take a toll on a body. It's not rocket science (if that's even a science, or if people should only use that saying for the study of rockets. I'll let you figure that out).

Everyone else, which must be who you are talking about has focused on the calf and tried to tell me about the injury/prognosis/diagnosis and all I'm supposed to take into consideration when analyzing his play. 

His calf injury happened on the first day of training camp after the offseason. The injuries that occurred during high school, college, and the NFL have no affect on how this calf injury heals. Soft tissue injuries like a calf strained n are common after a period of rest with a subsequent increase in activity level.

Once Burrow suffered the calf injury, he barely practiced until the regular season so his body wasn’t taking a beating that would interfere with the calf strain healing.

Since he began the regular season, Burrow and the team has reported he continues to improve despite playing.

The single most important factor to determine how long it will take Burrow to recover from the calf strain is the severity of the initial injury and the severity setback. All the stuff you’re talking about is BS.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: His calf injury happened on the first day of training camp after the offseason. The injuries that occurred during high school, college, and the NFL have no affect on how this calf injury heals. Soft tissue injuries like a calf strained n are common after a period of rest with a subsequent increase in activity level.

Once Burrow suffered the calf injury, he barely practiced until the regular season so his body wasn’t taking a beating that would interfere with the calf strain healing.

Since he began the regular season, Burrow and the team has reported he continues to improve despite playing.

The single most important factor to determine how long it will take Burrow to recover from the calf strain is the severity of the initial injury and the severity setback. All the stuff you’re talking about is BS.

Agree, this is a first time injury for Burrow, all the other injuries were nothing like this one. He has said this himself, these soft tissue 
injuries are nothing like those other injuries that Burrow has suffered. We will know when he is 100% when he starts playing like his 
old self, I just hope it is soon, hopefully Sunday against the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also for the record since no one answered.

Luck struggled to come back from...... You guessed it. A left calf strain. He then called it quits. Your body does break down and the more of a beating it takes the harder it is to heal. Sure it's my opinion but it is fact based (which is what I meant when I said factual opinion) and really not some hot take. It's basic anatomy.

You've seen the end of great careers due to what you'd think was a minor issue all the time. Why? Because the injuries, the physical toll a sport takes all adds up.

This is BS.

The reality is much more complicated. Luck retired due to repeated cycles of injury, chronic pain, rehab, anxiety, and depression that affect his relationships with his family to the point his wife threatened to leave him. Luck chose his family over football.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is BS.

The reality is much more complicated. Luck retired due to repeated cycles of injury, chronic pain, rehab, anxiety, and depression that affect his relationships with his family to the point his wife threatened to leave him. Luck chose his family over football.

Thought there was something else as well, but yeah. Completely different scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, this is a first time injury for Burrow, all the other injuries were nothing like this one. He has said this himself, these soft tissue 
injuries are nothing like those other injuries that Burrow has suffered. We will know when he is 100% when he starts playing like his 
old self, I just hope it is soon, hopefully Sunday against the Cardinals.

Also, Joe Burrow is a 26 y/o male athlete in the prime of his life. He isn’t an aging vet in his 30s when testosterone and human growth hormones naturally begin to decline and muscle mass and bone density and healing begin to decrease.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Also, Joe Burrow is a 26 y/o male athlete in the prime of his life. He isn’t an aging vet in his 30s when testosterone and human growth hormones naturally begin to decline and muscle mass and bone density and healing begin to decrease.

No doubt. As TecmoBengal said in the other thread some people around here are trying to Old Yeller him for heck sake lol
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. As TecmoBengal said in the other thread some people around here are trying to Old Yeller him for heck sake lol

His age, sex, nutritional, status, physical activity level, and tobacco use all have more to do with his ability to heal than a broken hand in college, a torn ACL as a rookie, and appendicitis last year. FFS
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: His calf injury happened on the first day of training camp after the offseason. The injuries that occurred during high school, college, and the NFL have no affect on how this calf injury heals. Soft tissue injuries like a calf strained n are common after a period of rest with a subsequent increase in activity level.

Well you the one saying all this about the calf injury/its severity/soft tissues injuries/healing etc. I haven't said or got into the specifics of any of that. That is like I said what everyone else is talking about. 

Maybe they'll take note professor when bringing up his calf and how it has effected his play.

In the mean time I'll maintain beatings take a toll on the body and eventually catch up to athletes. As we've seen since the invention of sports. Burrow looks ruined (facts given his stats, and play which is the worse it's ever been), others highlight unknowingly supporting my claims by pointing to it being because of the calf calf (them bringing up the injury.....) so he looks ruined due to injury. Which is all I said and accurate.

I'm the one stating facts. What do I have to prove. Those who say he isn't need to be the ones showing proof (they couldn't even wait to he bounced back to tell me I'm wrong). They can't point to anything like I can to say I'm wrong right now because they are basing their opinion on wishful thinking and hope. Which I get. But save your anatomy / physiology lecture for them since they are focused on the calf/injury/recovery.

Can you speak on the severity of the initial injury and the rumored setback?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is BS.

A psychologist too. Impressive. Even I have to admit.

Hopefully you aren't charging your patients by the hour as you go back and forth with me as they think you are taking notes.....

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well you the one saying all this about the calf injury/its severity/soft tissues injuries/healing etc. I haven't said or got into the specifics of any of that. That is like I said what everyone else is talking about. 

Maybe they'll take note professor when bringing up his calf and how it has effected his play.

In the mean time I'll maintain beatings take a toll on the body and eventually catch up to athletes. As we've seen since the invention of sports. Burrow looks ruined (facts given his stats, and play which is the worse it's ever been), others highlight unknowingly supporting my claims by pointing to it being because of the calf calf (them bringing up the injury.....) so he looks ruined due to injury. Which is all I said and accurate.

I'm the one stating facts. What do I have to prove. Those who say he isn't need to be the ones showing proof. The can't because they are basing their opinion on wishful thinking and hope. Which I get. But save your anatomy / physiology lecture for them since they are focused on the calf.

Without getting into specifics, you’re saying Burrow’s accumulated trauma eventually caught up with him sometime between the AFC Championship game on January 29th, 2023 and the second day of training camp on July 27th, 2023 during the offseason while he was resting and his body wasn’t taking a beating?

His body fell apart after six months of rest?!?

Did mighty Zeus smite him with a lightning bolt from Mount Olympus out of the f’n blue? GTFO
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 07:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: A psychologist too. Impressive. Even I have to admit.

Hopefully you aren't charging your patients by the hour as you go back and forth with me as they think you are taking notes.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/35163936/andrew-luck-reveals-why-walked-away-nfl

There is this website called Google . . . You can look things up.

(Most providers don’t determine charges. That’s negotiated between the insurance companies and the health networks. And that is usually based upon Medicare reimbursement rates. And they aren’t charged by the hour. Just one more topic you’re misinformed about. But, you don’t bother with silly things like “specifics”.)
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 07:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: (Most providers don’t determine charges. That’s negotiated between the insurance companies and the health networks. And that is usually based upon Medicare reimbursement rates. And they aren’t charged by the hour. Just one more topic you’re misinformed about. But, you don’t bother with silly things like “specifics”.)

Forgive me Dr. Google Professor. I’ve never seen one. Sounds like you have….

Thank you for admitting I’ve never gotten into any specifics about the calf injury and that lecture on philosophy, physiology or whatever ology it is wasn’t meant for me.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Forgive me Dr. Google Professor. I’ve never seen one. Sounds like you have….

Thank you for admitting I’ve never gotten into any specifics about the calf injury and that lecture on philosophy, physiology or whatever ology it is wasn’t meant for me.

He’s a obgyn. Glorified midwife.
Reply/Quote