Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakin' the Law Mock
I'm "breakin' the law" and posting a mock just days before I'm "supposed" to due to the bet I had with Jpoore from last year's draft (where is Jpoore anyway?). I'M A REBEL! Besides, I think I did pretty good going over 360 days without posting a single mock, don't you think?!

1) Jonah Williams, OT Alabama - Heard that Jonah might be the selection but Bengals don't think he'll be there. If he is, I think this is the pick, and I love it. Williams has had a lot of success at both OT positions and comes from a respected program. Guaranteed upgrade. If Williams isn't there, I'm taking Lapham's opinion and thinking another OT will be selected.

2) Dre'Mont Jones, DT Ohio St - Bengals improve their pass rush with this selection. Jones would back up Atkins and play nickel next to him.

3) Germaine Pratt, LB NC St - Pratt fits the mold of the modern LB. He excels in coverage and can run well (4.57s). He's a converted safety.

4) Josh Oliver, TE San Diego St - Moldable pass catching TE. The Bengals attended SD St pro day and I think it was for Oliver. He would be a good TE3 option in case Eifert and/or Uzomah went down.

5) Isaiah Prince, OT Ohio St - Lengthy road grader that's limited athletically to be only RT or RG. However, the vision would be Williams would be the future LT and Prince potential starter at RT.

6) Maxx Crosby, DE Eastern Michigan - Raw edge rusher to compete with Hubbard and Willis. A lot of bend but needs a couple years or so to develop before he could potentially push for a starting role.

6DAL) Will Harris, S Boston College - versatile safety who has speed and good size. Can cover, but not a ball hawk.

6comp1) Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo - I was shocked when Hodge wasn't invited to the Combine. He had 419 tackles in 3 years at Buffalo. He's more of an ILB, but I think he can become a good 3rd or 4th LB.

6comp2) Jazz Ferguson, WR Northwestern St - Crazy height-weight-speed prospect who should push Malone and Core for backup role.

6comp3) Brett Rypien, QB Boise St - Sleeper QB that could be a good backup. Very polished and experienced.

7) Alexander Mattison, RB Boise St - RB depth now that Walton is gone. 3 down ability including catching out of the backfield.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

I like it!

Not bad.  I'm starting to think more and more that we go tackle in the first and wait on a backer.  

I like the Pratt pick and I think he's the type of backer we need.  

Not sure on Jones that early just to be Geno's backup and to play on third down, but it would give us a nasty rush from inside.

I like the Prince pick just because I'm an OSU guy but I think it might be time to go safety earlier, but the only problem there is that there's not too many impressive safeties, so you're probably right in waiting.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I like it!

Not bad.  I'm starting to think more and more that we go tackle in the first and wait on a backer.  

I like the Pratt pick and I think he's the type of backer we need.  

Not sure on Jones that early just to be Geno's backup and to play on third down, but it would give us a nasty rush from inside.

I like the Prince pick just because I'm an OSU guy but I think it might be time to go safety earlier, but the only problem there is that there's not too many impressive safeties, so you're probably right in waiting.

Nickel is played in over 50% of the time (or it has been with Cincy the past few years), so it's more than just 3rd down. Another inside pass rush threat to go with Atkins, Dunlap, and Lawson would be really good.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm "breakin' the law" and posting a mock just days before I'm "supposed" to due to the bet I had with Jpoore from last year's draft (where is Jpoore anyway?). I'M A REBEL! Besides, I think I did pretty good going over 360 days without posting a single mock, don't you think?!

1) Jonah Williams, OT Alabama - Heard that Jonah might be the selection but Bengals don't think he'll be there. If he is, I think this is the pick, and I love it. Williams has had a lot of success at both OT positions and comes from a respected program. Guaranteed upgrade. If Williams isn't there, I'm taking Lapham's opinion and thinking another OT will be selected.

2) Dre'Mont Jones, DT Ohio St - Bengals improve their pass rush with this selection. Jones would back up Atkins and play nickel next to him.

3) Germaine Pratt, LB NC St - Pratt fits the mold of the modern LB. He excels in coverage and can run well (4.57s). He's a converted safety.

4) Josh Oliver, TE San Diego St - Moldable pass catching TE. The Bengals attended SD St pro day and I think it was for Oliver. He would be a good TE3 option in case Eifert and/or Uzomah went down.

5) Isaiah Prince, OT Ohio St - Lengthy road grader that's limited athletically to be only RT or RG. However, the vision would be Williams would be the future LT and Prince potential starter at RT.

6) Maxx Crosby, DE Eastern Michigan - Raw edge rusher to compete with Hubbard and Willis. A lot of bend but needs a couple years or so to develop before he could potentially push for a starting role.

6DAL) Will Harris, S Boston College - versatile safety who has speed and good size. Can cover, but not a ball hawk.

6comp1) Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo - I was shocked when Hodge wasn't invited to the Combine. He had 419 tackles in 3 years at Buffalo. He's more of an ILB, but I think he can become a good 3rd or 4th LB.

6comp2) Jazz Ferguson, WR Northwestern St - Crazy height-weight-speed prospect who should push Malone and Core for backup role.

6comp3) Brett Rypien, QB Boise St - Sleeper QB that could be a good backup. Very polished and experienced.

7) Alexander Mattison, RB Boise St - RB depth now that Walton is gone. 3 down ability including catching out of the backfield.
This would be amazing.  Hodge is one of my favorite sleepers this draft.  workhorse type.  I think Prince will be better than some people give credit.  Oliver is the 3rd best TE behind Hochenson, Smith.  Yes I have Fant 4th.   I don't know how I feel about J. Williams yet.   Jones is nice so is Pratt.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Judas Preist is playing in my head now.
Reply/Quote
Perfect so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thinking the same thing - Dre Mont then Pratt - but you beat me to it. I would be so pumped.
Reply/Quote
Well done. Nailed the Williams and Pratt picks and I would have preferred a scenario with us landing Jones in the 2nd instead of Wren in the 4th and then finding a Tight End in the 4th and since Oliver was gone I would have been fine with Jonah Williams-Dre'Mont Jones-Germaine Pratt-Foster Moreau but we still had a solid draft.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote