Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(04-13-2018, 01:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: There's absolutely no guarantee that anyone that replaces him will be anywhere near as good while playing. This team has continually struggled to find high quality LBs so you want to cut one of arguably best LBs of the entire league and replace with who exactly? Suppose he gets cut tomorrow and signs with the squeels or rats or stains.. Then what?  I certainly wouldn't want our offence to have to face him twice a year and suppose he does sign within our division then never misses another game till he retires..  Like it or not teams have to make allowances for once in a generation talent that comes along with baggage before he ever signs in the first place . You might not like that aspect of football and few people do ,but it's part of football reality .

I know there's no guarantee Burficts replacement would be anywhere near as good as he is, and I don't expect them to be. I know he's one of the best in the league but the fact is he's played in less than half our games the past 4 seasons for one reason or another. What good is a once in a generation player if he can only play every once in awhile? 

I doubt very much he's end up with another AFC north squad. I could maybe see him landing with hue in Cleveland... Certainly not Pittsburgh. He's the most hated man in that city's history. Anyway, whoever he does end up with can enjoy his unreliability. 

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the Burfict bulls***. He may be the most talented LB we've ever had, but he's also the most unreliable. Again, we've won without him before. We can do it again. Besides, we'll likely have to replace him soon anyway, whether we cut/trade him or not. He's one or two more concussions or suspensions away from being out of the game indefinitely. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 01:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I know there's no guarantee Burficts replacement would be anywhere near as good as he is, and I don't expect them to be. I know he's one of the best in the league but the fact is he's played in less than half our games the past 4 seasons for one reason or another. What good is a once in a generation player if he can only play every once in awhile? 

I doubt very much he's end up with another AFC north squad. I could maybe see him landing with hue in Cleveland... Certainly not Pittsburgh. He's the most hated man in that city's history. Anyway, whoever he does end up with can enjoy his unreliability. 

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the Burfict bulls***. He may be the most talented LB we've ever had, but he's also the most unreliable. Again, we've won without him before. We can do it again. Besides, we'll likely have to replace him soon anyway, whether we cut/trade him or not. He's one or two more concussions or suspensions away from being out of the game indefinitely.
People have been saying that for years. Can’t worry about something that might never happen. It’s not like Burfict is taking a spot away from someone that deserves to be playing. Our LB’s are absolute trash other than him (and maybe Brown now).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People have been saying that for years. Can’t worry about something that might never happen. It’s not like Burfict is taking a spot away from someone that deserves to be playing. Our LB’s are absolute trash other than him (and maybe Brown now).

If people have been saying it for years then they're just plain wrong. I've been saying it for a few months now and it's not unrealistic to think Burfict's playing days are numbered. Burfict will be done playing one day, it's a matter of "when", not "if". And I believe that day isn't very far off.

I'm aware he's not taking up a playing spot. I'm more in favor of moving on from Burfict simply because he's hindering this team with his constant absence. We can't count on him anymore. It's pointless to continue trying if he's not playing half the time. I'm fairly sure every other team in the league would have moved on from him by now. Only in Bengal land will everyone get an infinite amount of chances to **** up   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 07:01 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If people have been saying it for years then they're just plain wrong. I've been saying it for a few months now and it's not unrealistic to think Burfict's playing days are numbered. Burfict will be done playing one day, it's a matter of "when", not "if". And I believe that day isn't very far off.

I'm aware he's not taking up a playing spot. I'm more in favor of moving on from Burfict simply because he's hindering this team with his constant absence. We can't count on him anymore. It's pointless to continue trying if he's not playing half the time. I'm fairly sure every other team in the league would have moved on from him by now. Only in Bengal land will everyone get an infinite amount of chances to **** up   Whatever

Obviously he’ll be done some day, I meant that people have been saying he’s going to end his career with one of his big hits. I’ve been seeing it said since he first came into the league and he keeps coming back every year.

I’m not so sure he wouldn’t have gotten as many chances if he played elsewhere. If you’re good enough teams will put up with a lot. Look at some of the knuckle heads in Pittsburgh...

He also might not have incurred the wrath of the league had he been a Steeler, or Cowboy, etc. At least not to the point where they’re looking to get him. There’s plenty of dirty players on other teams that I don’t feel have as big a target on their back as Burfict.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 07:48 PM)Brimey Wrote: Well, let's see if he shows up fat and unmotivated like he did after missing the beginning of 2016. He played his way into shape and ended up finishing strong, but it'd be nice to have him ready to jump right in.

He got popped for a PED. Didn't beat his wife, drive drunk, etc. Cutting him seems wayyyyy to reactionary

???

Yet again, selective memories on this board;

Game 1: Burfict played less than 50% of the snaps (IIRC) in the Miami game, but had 2 key tackles (Bengals won anyways; didn't need him).
Game 2: 10 combined, 9 solo against the 'boys, when everyone looked out of sorts.
Game 3: 8 combined tackles and a sack, against the Patriots, where the refs gifted them drives and Karlos Dansby is a POS.
Game 4: 8 combined tackles (including TsFL) in a stout win against the Browns.

Therefore, where was he fat and unmotivated?

Look, I've been against Burfict since the ball tap in 2013 (and if some people recall, on the mothership at that time, I said that this crap would haunt us, the entire time he'd be on the team) and truly, I don't like the distractions and BS, but be fair; he's been a superb player, virtually every snap he's taken in this league.

And if he WAS fat and unmotivated, going by those numbers, I'd take a fat and unmotivated Burfict over a top-shape replacement, any day of the week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 07:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obviously he’ll be done some day, I meant that people have been saying he’s going to end his career with one of his big hits. I’ve been seeing it said since he first came into the league and he keeps coming back every year.

I’m not so sure he wouldn’t have gotten as many chances if he played elsewhere. If you’re good enough teams will put up with a lot. Look at some of the knuckle heads in Pittsburgh...

He also might not have incurred the wraith of the league had he been a Steeler, or Cowboy, etc. At least not to the point where they’re looking to get him. There’s plenty of dirty players on other teams that I don’t feel have as big a target on their back as Burfict.

That I agree with 100%. There's no doubt Burfict has a target on his back because he plays for a less-popular team. The league has to have its villains, and Burfict is clearly public enemy #1. And the media a bias against everything bengals and Burfict has made him easy to hate for most football fans. If he had been a steeler, he'd be just another steeler. They won Super Bowls with a defense full of Burficts, some of them were arguably even dirtier. But it's all fine and good because hey, it's just "tough Steeler football" ? They're one of those teams that "always wins". They have he most Super Bowls. They have the best fans. They can do no wrong.  Whatever  Whatever Whatever

Burfict is perceived nationwide as "a thug who should be locked up." The ignorance surrounding the leagues perception of burfict and the steelers is so mind boggling hypocritical it's nauseating. 

Now with that said, Burfict still puts himself into position for suspension or injury. Hopefully he can learn from Shaziers mistake and stops diving head first at people before it's too late. He also has to know that he has a target on his back, and no matter how ridiculous that target is, he has to be smarter (although that ref that tossed him out for brushing his arm aside was complete BS  Whatever ). The league is never going to leave Burfict alone though. They're just itching to suspend him again for the littlest thing. It's completely unfair but he had earned the scrutiny. Id rather that be some other teams problem to deal with. 
Reply/Quote
someone get this man a time machine back to the 80s or 90s so he can play football
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 10:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: someone get this man a time machine back to the 80s or 90s so he can play football

[Image: 6671c1b6b82bb83eb39d6e461a02c49caf2f79c0...f63f2f.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 09:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So what’s the “work-around?”  How does Cincinnati get by without Vontaze Burfict for the first part of the season?

They need to come up with the Burfict solution.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 06:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: Do you see the Bengals moving on from him? Whats your gut feeling?

Nah. They wouldn't sign him to an extension in the midst of one suspension just to cut him for another. 
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 12:22 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Nah. They wouldn't sign him to an extension in the midst of one suspension just to cut him for another. 

Was there absolutely no truth to the rumors of a potential trade to Oakland? 
Reply/Quote
The need for lb is even greater then the Bengals are letting on with word coming out that VIgil is recovering from back (herniated disc) surgery.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/04/16/injured-cincinnati-bengals-working-their-way-back/521389002/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote