Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again)
(03-16-2018, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ugh.

Now can we entertain trading him or is it too late?

And this is the guy you all wanted to keep yesterday because he's so valuable..lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Is their anybody on these boards that still supports this clown ? 3 years removed for that Pitt playoff game and this guy is still getting suspended, for hits and now we have to worry about PEDS. He will probably come back week 5 and get a stupid personal foul and be suspended for the rest of the year. Ian Rapport said if the suspension stands the Bengals can void his 3 year 33 million dollar contract. I would cut him and use the cash to resign Geno and Dunlap , two guys who are class acts and reliable unlike Burfict.

You trade him not cut him. The voids are tied to the contract someone else will give you something for him and they can then cut him if he doesn't produce down the road.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:10 PM)higgy100 Wrote: And this is the guy you all wanted to keep yesterday because he's so valuable..lmao

If he wins his appeal and the charges and suspension are dropped due to having proof it was prescribed, then I still want to keep him. If it’s true that he is guilty of taking something outside of the rules and it’s upheld, he’s got to go. Simple as that.

Reply/Quote
4 games isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things we have won games without him before. I would look to trade him for a fourth Rd pick but I would not straight release him. Regardless LB should be a day one or Two need this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Personally, I'd rather eat crow for not jumping to conclusions, so not jumping is what I'll do. You guys need to take a chill pill on swallowing everything today's breed of yellow journalists say. Remember when Marv was already gone? We swallowed that hook, line and sinker too.

There will be plenty of time for hand wringing once the whole story plays out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I want all the facts before giving up on the guy. If he was just taking pain medication or something this is bogus.

These guys bodies hurt all the damn time. Nah, cannot treat that stuff.

I do agree with the guys saying weed is far less harmful though and i don't smoke the stuff or take any pills besides aspirin or advil.
Reply/Quote
jj22 Wrote:One things for sure. He'll come back fat in October.

Heeee, the munchees catch up sooner or later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: They can if they didn't properly file paperwork prior to the test. 

After reading your response I believe you are correct. I seem to recall Freeney being suspended for taking a prescription medication exactly as prescribed by the treating physician in the manner and for the condition as intended.

I also recall a player testing positive for Adderall at the combine which he didn't reveal until after the test.

For some reason, Freeney wasn't granted a therapeutic use exemption while the other player was.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: After reading your response I believe you are correct. I seem to recall Freeney being suspended for taking a prescription medication exactly as prescribed by the treating physician in the manner and for the condition as intended.

I also recall a player testing positive for Adderall at the combine which he didn't reveal until after the test.

For some reason, Freeney wasn't granted a therapeutic use exemption while the other player was.

Probably because Freeney was under contract and therefor had to disclose this, where as the combine fail is before they enter the league and so slightly different legal maneuvering in what someone has to disclose medically. 
Reply/Quote
Cut this clown.
Reply/Quote
So they’ll play Pittsburgh in the first 4 weeks. Book it.

We can’t go 72 straight minutes with happiness.
Reply/Quote
I don't care if I'm wrong for jumping to conclusions or not. He knows the rules. It is his responsibility to make sure he is within them. Whether that means providing the doctor with a list of substances he cannot take, making the league aware of medications he was prescribed, or checking with the league before taking them, it all falls on Burfict. Also, it would be different if this happened to a player that deserved the benefit of the doubt. As usual, I figure that Burfict will take zero personal responsibility, will play the victim, and blame the league.
Reply/Quote
all i know is it must be bad and bengals must be fed up to want to trade him. The fact they just signed a top 20 linebacker on top of it proves they are moving on imo

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, everyone jumps ship pretty fast. Seems pretty clear cut to me. Prescribed medication? No suspension. PED/Steroids? Suspension.

Otherwise, move on. Seems pretty straight forward.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Probably because Freeney was under contract and therefor had to disclose this, where as the combine fail is before they enter the league and so slightly different legal maneuvering in what someone has to disclose medically. 

Possibly. But, doesn't a positive test at the combine for a controlled substance enter the player into the drug monitoring program just like a player under contract? But, like you wrote earlier PEDs and substances of abuse are different programs so that might be why weed will get a player enrolled in the NFL's drug monitoring program, but a player with a valid adderall prescription isn't.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:27 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, everyone jumps ship pretty fast. Seems pretty clear cut to me. Prescribed medication? No suspension. PED/Steroids? Suspension.

Even if it were a prescribed medication he still has to check to make sure it's not on the banned list. He also needs to inform the League before failing a drug a test. Since this is his first time getting in trouble for PEDs, I could see his suspension being lessened, but I don't believe it will be overturned.
Reply/Quote
Too late for 1st round pick and M. Crabtree? xD!!

[Image: 29244120_1270897463011162_35665999370534...e=5B3C3EA0]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:27 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, everyone jumps ship pretty fast. Seems pretty clear cut to me. Prescribed medication? No suspension. PED/Steroids? Suspension.

Yeah, unfortunately the NFL is suspend first, then look at the facts.

But Burfict is one of their favorites to suspend.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:29 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Even if it were a prescribed medication he still has to check to make sure it's not on the banned list. He also needs to inform the League before failing a drug a test. Since this is his first time getting in trouble for PEDs, I could see his suspension being lessened, but I don't believe it will be overturned.

I don't for the reasons as stated, regardless, jumping off the ship is quick. Although, I suppose because of Burfict, it is not entirely unreasonable to want to quit on the guy.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote