Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Burfict cut
(02-19-2019, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will finally get to see if he goes to Pittsburgh or New England and the media will love him and blah blah blah, as people warned us over the years.

That might have happened if we cut him after the '15 season like some fans wanted, but now with all of his concussions I don't see any team being too eager to sign him.  Even if he somehow gets his game back to the old dominate level he most likely will not last a full season.
(02-19-2019, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will finally get to see if he goes to Pittsburgh or New England and the media will love him and blah blah blah, as people warned us over the years.

Could happen I guess ?

But while I'm no Dr. it sure seems Burfict's health is a pretty big concern. Once you've had that many concussions they just start coming easier and easier and the results get worse and worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-19-2019, 01:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Could happen I guess ?

But while I'm no Dr. it sure seems Burfict's health is a pretty big concern. Once you've had that many concussions they just start coming easier and easier and the results get worse and worse.

I'm surprised he wasn't waived with a failed physical because of the concussions. I could see them trying to work out some sort of injury settlement. 
(02-19-2019, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: since he knew the defense so well we are cutting him to hire him as LB Coach/DC

Loved Burfict...  He brought us the closes we have been in a long time to post season success.

He'll be the next Joey Porter, baiting people by coming onto the field!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(02-19-2019, 12:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fake news. Are you guys watching Fox News ?

FIFY
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(02-19-2019, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That might have happened if we cut him after the '15 season like some fans wanted, but now with all of his concussions I don't see any team being too eager to sign him.  Even if he somehow gets his game back to the old dominate level he most likely will not last a full season.

I know what you mean, but I think it was more about "them" hating Burfict because he was a Bengal, and not because well...take your pick.
(02-19-2019, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm surprised he wasn't waived with a failed physical because of the concussions. I could see them trying to work out some sort of injury settlement. 

Me too

I'll be pretty surprised if he plays anywhere next season.
The dude has suffered like seven concussions (that we know of). I think it almost borders on irresponsible for the team to keep him at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(02-19-2019, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That might have happened if we cut him after the '15 season like some fans wanted, but now with all of his concussions I don't see any team being too eager to sign him.  Even if he somehow gets his game back to the old dominate level he most likely will not last a full season.

That's my belief as well Fred

No team is gonna wanna take the chance on being the villain NFL team that put Burfict in harms way for another helmet crash that puts him over the edge.
(02-19-2019, 01:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's my belief as well Fred

No team is gonna wanna take the chance on being the villain NFL team that put Burfict in harms way for another helmet crash that puts him over the edge.

Methinks you forget about the Raiders...
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Sigh unfortunately as stated above this is fake news. He should have already been cut a while back.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-19-2019, 12:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Furball

He will be signed by the stoolers within the hour he is cut.Mark it down.
(02-19-2019, 12:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fake news. Are you guys watching CNN ?

Pretty much any liberal media outlet..
I said a month ago that he should be cut. He used to be my favorite player. That said, he has a big cap hit, he's missed half his games over the last 5 seasons and his play fell off big time last year. Not to mention the new coach could make a statement right away. I'd be sad to see him go, but it's time. Always place the Bengals first.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-19-2019, 01:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty much any liberal media outlet..

All US news outlets are shilling for one party or the other.  It just depends on which echo chamber you want to sit in. CNN is the worst, though.