Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Carman rape accusation at Clemson
(04-29-2022, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he wasnt proven guilty then its not news.

Not only was he not proven guilty. No charges were brought and no lawsuits have occurred.
Reply/Quote
I don't know the SC laws but isn't it at least statutory even if consentual?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 07:57 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The justice system is garbage in matters of rape. Cut him.

Yeah, right, internet rumors are always more accurate than police investigations followed by trials presenting the evidence.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 09:01 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I don't care how I "seem". The justice system has proven for decades upon decades that it is incapable of reliably determining guilt in rape cases. 

No it has not.

Why do you say this?  I am not aware of a long list of people wrongly convicted who are later exonerated.

Got any examples?
Reply/Quote
He was protected by South Carolina's "Romeo and Juliette" clause from being charged with statutory rape. The age of consent is 16 but a person 18 and younger cannot be charged if the other person was 15 or older (and not a family member or person of authority)

She tells a compelling story but we have only heard her story told several years later. Date rape is really hard to prove under the best of circumstances because it almost always comes down to him saying she said yes and her saying she didn't. Reporting it 2 years later is not the best of circumstances. We also have the authors of the story whose entire purpose of the story was seeming to bash the Bengals management.

I don't know what to think. And I don't know what the solution is. Not even the guys who said they were aware of the allegations said anything publically when he was drafted. Not even rumors were leaked to the media. Does that indicate that they didn't buy the allegations? Whatever happened, occurred years ago and wasn't reported at the time. Do you punish someone for unproven allegations? In this counry, a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt), but we also know that the reality is often the opposite.

So, Like I said I don't know what to think. I do know I want more information

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 08:03 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Our fans dismissing this are losers

If this story came out about a Steelers or brown or raven, you’d be
Laughing and celebrating and wanting them to disown.

But since it’s a bungle, all of a sudden the girl is probably a liar.  

What a bunch of  hypocrites

I don't know about the personal attacks haha but I agree in principle.

It's not even about the case- that's its own kettle of fish. But I think they published the report themselves, which would also explain the source. Who else would do it on the eve of the draft? Too much of a coincidence. Through that lens, it suggests that their original target was a lineman, at least until Johnson, Green and Linderbaum were all pulled out from under their nose and they had to resort to Plan B (Hill). 

Conspiracy theorist radar is off the charts here. There's been white noise around Carman since the end of the season. This would explain quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
Regardless if it is true, the Carman pick is looking worse and worse. He had huge injury red flags and apparently now he also had massive character red flags. The worst part is that he isn't even good enough of a player to warrant all of that risk.
Reply/Quote
Wait - isn't this old news?

Wasn't this brought up right after we drafted him, and dismissed by the police?

Why is this coming up again now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems some people are still not over Carmen getting picked and Sewell getting passed on. I think it is rather funny because they are going to be butthurt a long time since Carmen is going to be on this roster for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:21 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: It seems some people are still not over Carmen getting picked and Sewell getting passed on. I think it is rather funny because they are going to be butthurt a long time since Carmen is going to be on this roster for a long time.

Nice job!  Way to go, with attempting to hijack this thread into something that it was never about.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Had she reported it to police afterwards, we wouldn't even be discussing it now because he would've never been drafted.  Does kinda leave a weird aftertaste though like every time I see Piggy, whose accuser DID contact police right away, but did not press charges (I wish she would have).
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:03 AM)Stewy Wrote: Wait - isn't this old news?  

Because a third rate Twitter “sportscast” with a chip on its shoulder against the Bengals dredged it up.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 08:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure if you read it, but I think the issue here may have been the accuser couldn’t remember her cell phone number that was used to tell a bunch of people when asked. Eventually they figured out it’s the same number she had all along and they got a warrant for said record and within days closed the case. Something tells me there was something in the records that killed the credibility of the accuser but who knows.

I agree, these cases are historically handled poorly but I also think the people who were involved had more information than us, or the random person who wrote the article. I personally don’t care either way what happens to Carman but I do think if you read the whole article there are some weird things in there in even how the story is portrayed where it feels like the writer is trying to fill some gaps in on their own.

Screenshots of the text messages is kind of the first flag to me.  The timing and/or phone numbers might not have matched up to her story when the phone records were pulled.  You would be surprised how many people are shocked to learn that the cops have to get that stuff from the provider to ensure it hasn't been edited or otherwise tampered with.

Sadly, this stuff isn't uncommon in big programs.  However, it's usually a pattern of behavior, not a one off thing like this seems to be.  The other thing that really hurts her story is that if she's got a case, why is there no civil suit filed?  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:32 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Had she reported it to police afterwards, we wouldn't even be discussing it now because he would've never been drafted.  Does kinda leave a weird aftertaste though like every time I see Piggy, whose accuser DID contact police right away, but did not press charges (I wish she would have).

odd to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:14 AM)pally Wrote: He was protected by South Carolina's "Romeo and Juliette" clause from being charged with statutory rape.  The age of consent is 16 but a person 18 and younger cannot be charged if the other person was 15 or older (and not a family member or person of authority)

She tells a compelling story but we have only heard her story told several years later.  Date rape is really hard to prove under the best of circumstances because it almost always comes down to him saying she said yes and her saying she didn't. Reporting it 2 years later is not the best of circumstances.  We also have the authors of the story whose entire purpose of the story was seeming to bash the Bengals management.  

I don't know what to think. And I don't know what the solution is. Not even the guys who said they were aware of the allegations said anything publically when he was drafted.  Not even rumors were leaked to the media.  Does that indicate that they didn't buy the allegations?  Whatever happened, occurred years ago and wasn't reported at the time.  Do you punish someone for unproven allegations?  In this counry, a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt), but we also know that the reality is often the opposite.

So, Like I said I don't know what to think.  I do know I want more information

This sums up my feelings. 

I will say to all who keep saying she waited 2 years just got the money. Many women have a hard time coming forward after a rape. It's embarrassing and shameful to them at the time and they are often even worried about people accusing them of lying etc. Waiting does NOT make her the bad guy or mean that it didn't happen. 

But I agree with pally here. Don't know what to think of this at the moment
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Because a third rate Twitter “sportscast” with a chip on its shoulder against the Bengals dredged it up.

Yeah, it must be a conspiracy against us. 

Im sure you think the accuser is probably a 'Stooler' or 'Ratbird' fan as well.  Just doing this to weaken the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:58 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: This sums up my feelings. 

I will say to all who keep saying she waited 2 years just got the money. Many women have a hard time coming forward after a rape. It's embarrassing and shameful to them at the time and they are often even worried about people accusing them of lying etc. Waiting does NOT make her the bad guy or mean that it didn't happen. 

But I agree with pally here. Don't know what to think of this at the moment

The biggest thing for me is the mom.  The girl is/was 15 years old and she just told you that she has been raped.  Her reaction is that ok we won't go to the cops but you aren't allowed to see him again.  I do not have a daughter (3 boys) but I do know that if we did and she informed us that she was raped, I wouldn't have went to the cops either but I would have went looking for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:06 PM)spidey Wrote: The biggest thing for me is the mom.  The girl is/was 15 years old and she just told you that she has been raped.  Her reaction is that ok we won't go to the cops but you aren't allowed to see him again.  I do not have a daughter (3 boys) but I do know that if we did and she informed us that she was raped, I wouldn't have went to the cops either but I would have went looking for him.

True. I'm just speaking about women who don't come forward right away. It's very common for issues I said above. And doesn't discredit them at all to me on that basis alone
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:32 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Had she reported it to police afterwards, we wouldn't even be discussing it now because he would've never been drafted.  Does kinda leave a weird aftertaste though like every time I see Piggy, whose accuser(S) DID contact police right away, but did not press charges (I wish she would have).

Fixed it for you....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:03 AM)Stewy Wrote: Wait - isn't this old news?  

I bet it's a tactic by Browns Management and Watson's PR team to try to take the heat off of Watson's allegations. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote