Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-13-2018, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/03/12/bengals-trade-cordy-glenn-ripples-down-offensive-line-draft-and-contracts/418487002/

I wonder what this means for Bodines potential deal.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is something about rookies that so many people don't realize.  They're spent.  They go through their seasons, bowl games, and then immediately join a tough regimen for training for the combine.  A few weeks after that, they are heading to OTAs.  

So many rookies are just worn out their first year, especially linemen.  I think Redmond and Westerman have built up their strength and know what is expected of them.  I think they deserve a shot.  Draft other linemen?  Sure, but I would address the RT position and LB before going that early on an interior lineman on offense.  I do like Ragnow in Rd 2 or 3, but only if they are unwilling to look at Westerman as an option to push (out) Blodine.  

Never really thought about that before about all a rookie goes through in that year. Good points, just was a small sample
with those guys but i thought Westerman always has looked good and Redmond seems to be that physical RG that at the
very least can be a good backup. Guard is definately not as big of a concern as Center or even RT that is for sure.

Guards grow on trees, not Tackles like Glenn or Centers like Ragnow, Price or Daniels.

(03-13-2018, 07:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ever watched his film, from...ya know...the actual game that he will be paid to play?  

Must not have. 

Yep, not giving up a sack last season should stand for something.

I tend to judge players on how they play on the field, not how they perform at the underwear olympics.

But still, made quite a few people wonder if Orlando will put forth the effort at the next level. This is why he will fall.

All for him in the 3rd now.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never really thought about that before about all a rookie goes through in that year. Good points, just was a small sample
with those guys but i thought Westerman always has looked good and Redmond seems to be that physical RG that at the
very least can be a good backup. Guard is definately not as big of a concern as Center or even RT that is for sure.

Guards grow on trees, not Tackles like Glenn or Centers like Ragnow, Price or Daniels.

Yep, not giving up a sack last season should stand for something.

I tend to judge players on how they play on the field, not how they perform at the underwear olympics.

But still, made quite a few people wonder if Orlando will put forth the effort at the next level. This is why he will fall.

All for him in the 3rd now.

So would I, but he will be long gone by then...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ever watched his film, from...ya know...the actual game that he will be paid to play?  

Must not have. 

Had the draft been the day after the National Championship and the Bengals drafted Orlando Brown at #12, we would have been happy. This is why I hate the combine. Good players drop because of their 40-yard dash or their high jump. I get the need to interview players and all, but show me game film instead of his 40-yard dash or high jump or even bench press. I think Orlando Brown will be a solid player in the NFL and if the Bengals grabbed him in the 2nd round, I'd be ok with it. 

I think they need to get a Center first. It would be great if Tremain Edmonds or Vea was available at 21 and Price/Daniels/Ragnow available in the 2nd. Won't happen though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:10 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Had the draft been the day after the National Championship and the Bengals drafted Orlando Brown at #12, we would have been happy. This is why I hate the combine. Good players drop because of their 40-yard dash or their high jump. I get the need to interview players and all, but show me game film instead of his 40-yard dash or high jump or even bench press. I think Orlando Brown will be a solid player in the NFL and if the Bengals grabbed him in the 2nd round, I'd be ok with it. 

I think they need to get a Center first. It would be great if Tremain Edmonds or Vea was available at 21 and Price/Daniels/Ragnow available in the 2nd. Won't happen though. 

Agreed.  There is better depth at Center than starting RT, IMHO.  I would love to see the Bengals slide again in Rd 1, get Brown for RT, and then Ragnow for Center, and Shaq Griffin as LB.  Turds become backups, LB has coverage skills and speed to burn in nickel package.  

And for those saying Griffin is too small.  He's almost identical to Odell Thurman, but faster, and not an idiot.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is something about rookies that so many people don't realize.  They're spent.  They go through their seasons, bowl games, and then immediately join a tough regimen for training for the combine.  A few weeks after that, they are heading to OTAs.  

So many rookies are just worn out their first year, especially linemen.  I think Redmond and Westerman have built up their strength and know what is expected of them.  I think they deserve a shot.  Draft other linemen?  Sure, but I would address the RT position and LB before going that early on an interior lineman on offense.  I do like Ragnow in Rd 2 or 3, but only if they are unwilling to look at Westerman as an option to push (out) Blodine.  

I think you got the timeline wrong?

There are approximately two months typically between Combine (late Feb to early March) and Rookie Mini Camp (early May), and then OTAs typically start late May to early June.
Mandatory Mini Camp (for everyone) is in mid-June. Then Training Camp in late July.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It seems the Bills management agreed with me, trying to replace him during the season and then booting him after it.  

I think you mistook who I was referring to. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:21 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wonder what this means for Bodines potential deal.

It means his shitty position coach that babied him is gone now, he will have to take a pay cut, and his ass better produce.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: It means his shitty position coach that babied him is gone now, he will have to take a pay cut, and his ass better produce.

Well we all know hes not going to produce.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 10:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well we all know hes not going to produce.

LMAO  True dat......

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:10 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Had the draft been the day after the National Championship and the Bengals drafted Orlando Brown at #12, we would have been happy. This is why I hate the combine. Good players drop because of their 40-yard dash or their high jump. I get the need to interview players and all, but show me game film instead of his 40-yard dash or high jump or even bench press. I think Orlando Brown will be a solid player in the NFL and if the Bengals grabbed him in the 2nd round, I'd be ok with it. 

I hope they take a center at 21, center is an extremely important part of the O-line 2nd only to LT I believe. And it's a big part of the reason we've struggled the last 2 and 1/2 seasons.

We haven't really been solid at C since R. Braham 
Reply/Quote
Nate Solder is signing with the giants. It will be interesting to see what the first 3 years look like in comparison to Glenn.

Word is he is about to be highest paid LT. If Glenn was a FA he would have as much of not more interest.

Glenn’s contract is about to look really good, i think
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 11:56 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Nate Solder is signing with the giants.  It will be interesting to see what the first 3 years look like in comparison to Glenn.

Word is he is about to be highest paid LT. If Glenn was a FA he would have as much of not more interest.

4 years - 62 million with 35 million gtd.    -----  The Glenn trade keeps looking better and better, just hope the big man can stay healthy.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 02:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but you told me to stop it.....I guess my opinion isn't respected by you. Sad Cry

LMAO

Shut up. 

Wink

(03-14-2018, 12:05 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: 4 years - 62 million with 35 million gtd.    -----  The Glenn trade keeps looking better and better, just hope the big man can stay healthy.

I figured the Glenn deal would look better after free agency started. In free agency, the amount of quality players on the market often has a big impact on price. Solder was pretty much the only good LT on the market, and the Giants had to pay a very modern price + a premium for scarcity. We paid what the market was a few years ago. Brilliant move, IMO. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:05 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: 4 years - 62 million with 35 million gtd.    -----  The Glenn trade keeps looking better and better, just hope the big man can stay healthy.

Wow, yep.

If Glenn stays healthy he is a better LT at a much more palitable price.

If he can’t stay healthy he can be cut with little cap consequence after year 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
Although the new league year doesn't technically start until 4pm, the Bengals make it official...

Reply/Quote
I knew Glenn played at Georgia, I guess I just didn't realize he played beside Boling while he was there. The chemistry between the two of them should already be there. This trade is just looking better and better......
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 01:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I knew Glenn played at Georgia, I guess I just didn't realize he played beside Boling while he was there. The chemistry between the two of them should already be there. This trade is just looking better and better......

I just recently found out that Boling played LT and Glenn LG at Georgia....Now they get to flip positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So would I, but he will be long gone by then...

I don't know man, weird stuff happens every Draft and after that combine...

I don't put much stock into the Combine but lots of teams and coaches do. They will see a player that seemed not to put out
effort and doesn't look strong. Even though i see better on the strength part, he has hell of long arms, understandable he is
not good in the bench press.

Yeah, Edmunds and Vea will be long gone before 21.

But it is not out of reality for one of those top Centers to fall to us in the 2nd at all, actually see it happening.

Especially after Price and Ragnow's injuries. I think Daniels will now be the first Center taken.

(03-14-2018, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  There is better depth at Center than starting RT, IMHO.  I would love to see the Bengals slide again in Rd 1, get Brown for RT, and then Ragnow for Center, and Shaq Griffin as LB.  Turds become backups, LB has coverage skills and speed to burn in nickel package.  

And for those saying Griffin is too small.  He's almost identical to Odell Thurman, but faster, and not an idiot.  

Would be very happy with this even if i think Brown will fall. Would have the biggest OT's in the NFL i am pretty sure, a good
Center and a speedy Linebacker. Would love it.

(03-14-2018, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope they take a center at 21, center is an extremely important part of the O-line 2nd only to LT I believe. And it's a big part of the reason we've struggled the last 2 and 1/2 seasons.

We haven't really been solid at C since R. Braham 

We could get our pick of the Center we like this way...

(03-14-2018, 11:56 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Nate Solder is signing with the giants.  It will be interesting to see what the first 3 years look like in comparison to Glenn.

Damn, this trade was just amazing. Also like what Sled said about playing next to Boling in college. Already have chemistry.

Fits like a glove.
Reply/Quote