Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
Heh, somebody on Twitter just made the observation this trade is just continuing the Bills' thanks for the Bengals knocking the Ratbirds out of the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also now we know why they told Jones he was not coming back at current salary - they needed to make room. It's possible they part ways with MJ also to get room open.
Reply/Quote
Bills Get
12th pick
Bengals 6th Rounder

Bengals Get
21st Pick
Bills 5th Rounder
Cordy Glenn
Reply/Quote
Does this mean CedO is outa here now?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:42 PM)Takedown Wrote: Everyone can stop crying now LOL.

Apparently they can't

(03-12-2018, 06:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: hasn't had one healthy full season. Hes the Eifert of OT...

Cordy Glenn started 48 straight games '13 through '16.
Reply/Quote
We went down 9 spots in the 1st.
Got a 5th Rounder for a 6th Rounder.
Got a starting LT.
What's not to like?

I guess Buffalo felt they owed us a little for getting them into the playoffs.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I like it.

Yes we're rolling the dice on his foot. If we come up good on the roll we have a Top 10 LT. If we don't at least we proactively tried to fix the problem.
Reply/Quote
I love the trade and give the Bengals big time kudos for making it.

If Glenn can stay relatively healthy and perform the way he is capable of...the Bengals got an absolute steal at his price.

If he does have any issues this year with injuries or performance, they can cut him without any impact to the cap:

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: I like it.

Yes we're rolling the dice on his foot. If we come up good on the roll we have a Top 10 LT. If we don't at least we proactively tried to fix the problem.

This is where I’m at. The foot could end up biting us in the backside, but I like the risk over just sitting back and hoping what we already have magically gets better.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:32 PM)HuDey Wrote: This is where I’m at. The foot could end up biting us in the backside, but I like the risk over just sitting back and hoping what we already have magically gets better.

At the very least, it's an admission that what we already have is never going to get better, which, in itself, is a big step in the right direction.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I don't know how much body fat he has but it could serve him well to slim down a bit to take stress off that ankle. He's a heck of a run blocker on the left side to pair with Boling and they'll holdup in pass blocking. It's possible they still obviously regard OL as a 1st Rd priority but it opens them up for any pick. If they have a lot of OL picks valued similarly even better.
Reply/Quote
I have hated a lot of moves the Bengals have made over the last couple years but I’ll give credit where credit is due , this is a good move. Glenn and Boling on the left, hopefully Fisher can do something at RT. This trade opens up the draft. Maybe Price at center is in play at 21 if Bodine is not resigned? Figure the Bengals won’t do much after this trade, other then some cheap deals which I’m ok with after this trade. Maybe a guy like Johnathan Cooper could be signed to a cheap one year deal to compete for the RG spot ? Former 1st round bust fits the Bengals and played for Pollock in Dallas. A rebuild of the O-line was in order and admitting Ced is a bust and letting Alexander walk is a good start.
Reply/Quote
Definitely the kind of move we’ve all been asking for. I Don’t see how anyone could be upset about it, particularly since it addresses a huge need & allows some flexibility with the first pick.

I’m looking for another move or two before it’s all said & done.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I love the trade and give the Bengals big time kudos for making it.

If Glenn can stay relatively healthy and perform the way he is capable of...the Bengals got an absolute steal at his price.

If he does have any issues this year with injuries or performance, they can cut him without any impact to the cap:

It's beginning to look like Marvin wasn't lying to us after all. I'm not sure if I know how to react to this  Ninja  but I think I'm gonna be happy about it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I’m happy, and I think that’s only the second time I’ve been able to say that this offseason (when PA got the boot). I thought he coulda been had for a little less than that, but that was pure speculation/rumors and I don’t have any clue what other offers they could have had on the table so I won’t complain about the price.

I fully expected the bengals to draft 1 OT in the first three rounds to compete with Fisher, Og, Hart, and maybe Dre and call that an improvement. This is a very good first step in fixing our o line and if healthy he can immediately (unlike a rookie) solidify one tackle spot. We basically turned our first round pick into 2 (hopefully) starters with Glenn and the 21st pick.

Nice to actually see some signs of life out of this front office
Reply/Quote
Kind of expensive, but at least we now have a solid "plan B" in case Ogbehi goes down with injury.
Reply/Quote
Marvin got talent from another team and Mikey gets to keep the comp pick plan if that's what they're doing.  If someone wants to give Eifert guaranteed money they'll let him walk with McCarron.  Expect cut vets and the Smiths returning.
Reply/Quote
Also kinda makes it seem like they will be looking at drafting for need this year. At 12, you might have a top ten or better player fall into your lap, even though he might not be at a position of need and you can't resist going straight BPA.

But being willing to drop back 9 spots might mean you are going in with need first and foremost and the position(s) you're targeting don't provide value at 12 but would at 21.

Fill the glaring holes and anything can happen.

I guess I like the move but why does there always have to be a big ol' IF involved?

Reply/Quote
You know what I don't even care if he happens to get injured,I'm just glad they are trying SOMETHING NEW FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Still draft a tackle somewhere even at 21 I wouldn't mind. But this got me stoked the Bengals made a real trade for a real prospect,considered a top ten lineman when healthy . Let's go !!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of expensive, but at least we now have a solid "plan B" in case Ogbehi goes down with injury.

When I look at the fact we get him for 10 mil/year for the next 3 years, the cost doesn't seem excessive. Moving down 9 picks doesn't take us out of getting another need filled, and we moved a 6th into the 5th, where that possibility for a decent backup improves. I've seen a lot worse.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote