Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
With the Glenn trade, the potential extensions of Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard, you have to think Bodine is as good as gone. Glenn and Boling lock down the left side now. I was impressed with Westerman's play at the end of the season, so either have him at RG or give him a shot at C. I'd prefer drafting a C in the 1st and having Westerman be the starting RG. Either way, I feel we need to get Westerman in the lineup. RT is the question mark. It would be nice if Fisher improves, but we should probably be able to snag a RT in the 2nd and the OLine will look much better. Not having Ced or Bodine on the OLine would be a huge improvement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Little late posting on this, but yeah, its a solid move for sure. Now if they can draft a top tier center, that would be the top two most important o-line spots getting upgraded, which is big for this offense and team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 03:29 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: With the Glenn trade, the potential extensions of Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard, you have to think Bodine is as good as gone. Glenn and Boling lock down the left side now. I was impressed with Westerman's play at the end of the season, so either have him at RG or give him a shot at C. I'd prefer drafting a C in the 1st and having Westerman be the starting RG. Either way, I feel we need to get Westerman in the lineup. RT is the question mark. It would be nice if Fisher improves, but we should probably be able to snag a RT in the 2nd and the OLine will look much better. Not having Ced or Bodine on the OLine would be a huge improvement.

Makes sense to let him walk and get a cheaper (and better) replacement via the draft. We can only hope the FO feel the same.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Trade is official! We get Cordy Glenn, 21st pick and their fifth round. They get our 12th and sixth round pick. Love that deal.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I love the trade. Not a F/A signing. Bengals trade down in round one and pick up Bills Left Tackle. I'm guessing our new O Line coach from Dallas wanted him. OK, Glenn had foot injury last season. When healthy, nobody gets past him. He is known for not letting players get to the quarterback, which is good news for Andy Dalton. He is only 28, which is younger than Whitworth who we lost last year. Glenn at Left Tackle is the replacement for aging Whitworth and Boling can return to guard so we don't have a weakness at guard. UGH-BOO could go to right tackle, the bench or another team. Everything doesn't depend on him and Fish now. I Love this trade down in round one, still having a round one and adding a veteran left tackle. Hopefully this is just the start. Bring in Blocking. Free Agents, Draft Picks. Bengals offense and defense will look so much better if Bengals take their worst O Line in NFL and rebuild it into a the top blocking unit you need to get to play-offs and win. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You really need to upgrade that dial up internet you have.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We’ve landed on the moon!!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ever watched his film, from...ya know...the actual game that he will be paid to play?  

Must not have. 

the biggest audition in his life.....
& he totally blows it...
even had coaches there yelling at him.....
no thanks....
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:44 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Trade is official! We get Cordy Glenn, 21st pick and their fifth round. They get our 12th and sixth round pick. Love that deal.

Well, I'm glad you are saying it's now OFFICIAL.  Bengals.com shows it just became OFFICIAL today also.  So it looks like people have been on here talking about this 2 days ago.  The fact remains The Trade Just Happened Today.  Again I say WELCOME CORDY GLENN who became a Bengals just a few hours ago.  Without Whitworth, Defenses were flying past our Left Tackle and laying the hits on Dalton. THIS IS A HUGE TRADE, MUCH NEEDED, WELL WORTH TRADING DOWN FOR. 

GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 03:29 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: With the Glenn trade, the potential extensions of Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard, you have to think Bodine is as good as gone. Glenn and Boling lock down the left side now. I was impressed with Westerman's play at the end of the season, so either have him at RG or give him a shot at C. I'd prefer drafting a C in the 1st and having Westerman be the starting RG. Either way, I feel we need to get Westerman in the lineup. RT is the question mark. It would be nice if Fisher improves, but we should probably be able to snag a RT in the 2nd and the OLine will look much better. Not having Ced or Bodine on the OLine would be a huge improvement.

at the 21 spot the one guy imo, who could be a probowler is OG Hernandez.....& he could be BPA there too....
I would just love for our RB's to be able to follow Hernandez through the holes he opens....
go more ground & pound....have a lot of 3rd & shorts....
if Westerman can play OC great......
but if possible, at RG i'd prefer Hernandez....
like you, I too would like a new RT....in rd #2 .... ....not Fisher.....but we'll see....?
continue to try to fix this O-line EARLY......
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:41 PM)Steve Wrote:    at the 21 spot the one guy imo, who could be a probowler is OG Hernandez.....& he could be BPA there too....
I would just love for our RB's to be able to follow Hernandez through the holes he opens....
go more ground & pound....have a lot of 3rd & shorts....
if Westerman can play OC great......
but if possible, at RG i'd prefer Hernandez....
like you, I too would like a new RT....in rd #2 .... ....not Fisher.....but we'll see....?
continue to try to fix this O-line EARLY......

GREAT POST.  Don't stop with Glenn. We had the worst O Line in NFL.  You mention Hernandez. I'll mention Ohio State center Price who is highly rated by NFL scouts. There are other names we could mention. Bengals drafted WR and RB early last year.  I agree with you that Bengals need much more than Glenn. Glenn is a good start, but we need much more blocking than that to get back to play-offs and make a Super Bowl run with Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap.  We now have Glenn and we have Boling. The rest of the O line isn't that hot. I wouldn't mind 3 more blockers added in F/A and the draft. Go from worst O Line to best O Line and then this team can run and pass, score points and win play-off games. Drain The Outhouse. New O Line coach from Dallas. Sounds like we have 2 starting blockers, we need 5. Yes, a pick like Hernandez or Price gets us up to 3 starting blockers. If you have 4 flat tires, you don't just change 1 tire.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

So glad to have him. Doesn't answer all our issues but at least helps. This signing gives many of us hope. 

Reply/Quote
Man I am really excited to be getting this guy. Honestly I would not be upset if we took OL first three picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So glad to have him. Doesn't answer all our issues but at least helps. This signing gives many of us hope. 

This is basically what most of us have been clamoring for. Just looking for that one BIG player to improve the team. We went out and filled our biggest hole with a very talented player. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Still a huge hole at RT if memory serves.. JF ain't cutting it and I'm not too overly enthused about whatsisface from the Giants . Right now I'm just hoping Glenn doesn't spend most of the season in the trainers room during games. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you got the timeline wrong?

There are approximately two months typically between Combine (late Feb to early March) and Rookie Mini Camp (early May), and then OTAs typically start late May to early June.
Mandatory Mini Camp (for everyone) is in mid-June. Then Training Camp in late July.

Do you think they stop working out after the combine and before their first team activities?  Trust me.  Rookie NFL fatigue is a real thing, especially with linemen.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, this trade was just amazing. Also like what Sled said about playing next to Boling in college. Already have chemistry.

Fits like a glove.

Funny this is, Glenn was the LG and Boling was the LT.  I guess worst case scenario if Glenn is unable to stay healthy, Boling slides in to LT and Westerman to LG.  

I know nobody wants to think of that, but the backup plan with Whit was Ogbuehi and we all saw how that panned out.  Just good to be prepared. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:20 PM)Steve Wrote: the biggest audition in his life.....
& he totally blows it...
even had coaches there yelling at him.....
no thanks....

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/orlando-brown?id=32462018-0002-5598-966e-c097dcfe7190

Yeah, and this is the kind of praise that Jake Fisher is getting around here.  I wouldn't want his as LT, as this scout even mentions, but he is a mauler on the right side.  Put him next to the huge Redmond (who is reportedly the strongest of our linemen now) and third and short is no longer an incompletion to a double-covered AJ Green.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Do you think they stop working out after the combine and before their first team activities?  Trust me.  Rookie NFL fatigue is a real thing, especially with linemen.  

No, I don't think they stop working out but you got you still got your timeline wrong.

You said they go to rookie mini camp a few weeks after the Combine, which is wrong. It's about 10 weeks. Big difference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote