Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Gio tore his ACL
Well...Gio is done for the year

If any Cincinnati Bengals fans were wondering if Sunday could get any worse, the answer is yes.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, Bengals running back Giovani Bernard tore his ACL in Sunday's loss to the Buffalo Bills.

More information will be coming shortly.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Bengals-RB-Giovani-Bernard-has-torn-ACL-49146722
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Noooooooooo.

Here's a speedy and full recovery for him.
Reply/Quote
Now we just play for draft status
Reply/Quote
Well at least we will finally be able to use Jeremy Hill for the outside runs where he really shines.

Sucks. But Marvin has been planning. You thought he just didnt know how to utilize personnel. Ha. He was really just resting Burkhead for this very reason.
Reply/Quote
What an absolutely terrible day to be a Bengals fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:31 AM)ETrademark Wrote: Well...Gio is done for the year

If any Cincinnati Bengals fans were wondering if Sunday could get any worse, the answer is yes.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, Bengals running back Giovani Bernard tore his ACL in Sunday's loss to the Buffalo Bills.

More information will be coming shortly.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Bengals-RB-Giovani-Bernard-has-torn-ACL-49146722

Not good.  Hope Gio is able to completely recover.  I also look forward to seeing them hand the ball to Burkhead.  
Reply/Quote
Would Gio be ready for next season?
Reply/Quote
GL Gio, Sht is REX our 3rd?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:49 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Would  Gio be ready for next season?

Not a medical person at all, but I think it depends on the severity of the tear. If it is bad enough, he could easily lose a chunk of next season.
Reply/Quote
Well, the nails are in the coffin for this season. Marvin needs to go now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:49 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Would  Gio be ready for next season?

Regular medical staff? Absolutely

Bengals medical staff? We will check on it when training camp rolls around. If he needs surgery we will do it then.
Reply/Quote
That. Sux.

Looks like Rexasaurus will get fed a bit down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Regular medical staff? Absolutely

Bengals medical staff? We will check on it when training camp rolls around. If he needs surgery we will do it then.

Lol...They'll probably wait 6 months to see if he can regenerate a new ACL like Wolverine then have the surgery that was necessary all along. Am I right, Eifert?
Reply/Quote
Bengals lost 45% of their targets for the year with Green and Gio out.......Yikes!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Bengals lost 45% of their targets for the year with Green and Gio out.......Yikes!

Boyd/Core/Ericson 2k16!
Reply/Quote
The injuries to A.J. and Gio coupled with Eifert missing time at the beginning of the season will be Mike Brown's excuse to bring Marvin back.

"We never had the team we put together..."
Reply/Quote
This may also mean that Lewis is gonna activate Peerman over WJIII, thus essentially wasting yet another 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
How/when did this even happen?

Reply/Quote
I wish him well and I really hope this doesn't hurt him long term. That said, Gio was having a pretty bad year, IMO. I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but he was bringing next to nothing as a runner, and wasn't making huge plays as a receiver, either. Obviously he's a big check down option, so it's still a loss. I'm interested to see what Burkhead can do in an expanded role though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:25 AM)mikehayman Wrote: This may also mean that Lewis is gonna activate Peerman over WJIII, thus essentially wasting yet another 1st round pick.

So it's a wasted pick because he won't play in some meaningless games at the end of the season? Strange logic. 

Reply/Quote