Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Marquis Flowers traded
Details:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/08/29/cincinnati-bengals-trade-linebacker-marquis-flowers-new-england-patriots/611225001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Dang Jim, beat me to it.

He's going to be the best player on their roster this season.
Reply/Quote
hmmmmmm, interesting Confused
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Flowers wasnt a world beater, and we got an extra pick next year. Im ok with it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bill Belichick sees what others cannot see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Better than nothing after cut down day....good move, Bengals
Reply/Quote
Glad to see the Bengals trade someone who was on the bubble, as he was likely fighting for a spot with Evans and Evans has looked better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
What is the pick?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What is the pick?

7th rounder next year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The patriots make mistakes just like any other franchise take chad, Fanene for example.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:24 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Details:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/08/29/cincinnati-bengals-trade-linebacker-marquis-flowers-new-england-patriots/611225001/

My only issue is a 7th round pick from the Pats is just like a FA almost as the pick likely is #-28-32 in round 7. Of course the Pats will also make him a star. I just hate helping NE get better for no cost really.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My only issue is a 7th round pick from the Pats is just like a FA almost as the pick likely is #-28-32 in round 7. Of course the Pats will also make him a star. I just hate helping NE get better for no cost really.

If it was a conditional 7th, that could go up, tied to playing time then it makes sense. But it's not and you are right.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My only issue is a 7th round pick from the Pats is just like a FA almost as the pick likely is #-28-32 in round 7. Of course the Pats will also make him a star. I just hate helping NE get better for no cost really.

Meh let's them snag a guy that might go somewhere else as an UDFA.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr. mentioned that this trade would allow the Bengals a selection in the 7th round since they traded away a conditional 7th for Chris Smith.
Perhaps this is also an indication that Chris Smith makes the roster, therefore sending away the Bengals 7th rounder to JAX.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. mentioned that this trade would allow the Bengals a selection in the 7th round since they traded away a conditional 7th for Chris Smith.
Perhaps this is also an indication that Chris Smith makes the roster, therefore sending away the Bengals 7th rounder to JAX.

Smith HAS to make the roster at this point imo.  The guy has looked good in preseason thus far.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
Why wouldnt the Pats wait until he was cut? They could have picked him up off the trash heap.

If he made the roster, then they could have made the trade. Doesnt make much sense...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why wouldnt the Pats wait until he was cut? They could have picked him up off the trash heap.

If he made the roster, then they could have made the trade. Doesnt make much sense...

If you want a guy and the price is right, you might as well secure him when you can.
Reply/Quote

Just like they did with Kony Ealy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just like they did with Kony Ealy.

How many 7th round picks make our roster? That is my point.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many 7th round picks make our roster? That is my point.

..and my point is NE has no magical formula to make players better. They probably fail in FA more than most. To their credit; they just keep trying,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote