Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre our worst contract?
(08-31-2017, 01:43 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Generally speaking, if that's the worst contract the club has, they're doing OK. I think they just had to pick one. In 2 years, Dre K will look "underpaid" or "paid about right" or whatever. I'm pretty sure most thought Dalton's contract was one of the worst in the league when he signed it.

Yep. Really the new batch of contracts always seem high...until next year. The salary cap goes up every year so it will always be like that until a CBA stops it. I don't see that happening though any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My only gripe with Dre is, just shut up and play! He gets beats a few times and then makes a play and has to celebrate about it...
If you were getting paid by the play (as players essentially are) and made a good play and realized that it might mean making a few million dollars more the following season you might just want to celebrate as well. Hell, I'd be out there peeing my pants for the cameras.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote