Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: No extension for Eifert
we did we not pass to eifert in the red zone game 1
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 01:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some team with huge cap space will look to Eifert's potential and offer him good $$, taking that health gamble.
He'll get more on the open market than the Bengals will be willing to give.
The top 5 average salaries for TEs are Graham ($10 mill per), Kelce ($9.37 mill per), Reed ($9.35 mill per), Gronk ($9 mill per), and Ertz ($8.5 mill per).
Jordan Reed's is especially indicative of what Eifert will command given that Reed pulled in that kind of cash when he already had an injury-riddled career to that point. Washington paid him like the superstar he is when healthy, gambling on his injury chances.

Sure, franchise tag is a feasible short-term solution, but if he ever goes into a contract year without a new contract and isn't tagged, I'm highly confident he's leaving.

Yeah, Reed has missed a lot of games, but his are more nicks and such if I remember correctly. Hence the 17 games missed in his career so far to Eifert's 27. Eifert's future career seems iffy to me because he's constantly having some pretty serious injuries/surgeries. Same with Rob Gronkowski. I would be surprised if he is playing (or at least playing well) past his age 30 season.

Reed also has the same amount of TDs as Eifert, and almost 1,200 more yards in the same number of years. Even in Eifert's best season, he only averaged 47.3 yards/gm. Eifert is a total beast in the red zone, but not so much for the other 80 yards of the field. He falls in the same category as Burfict where it's hard to want to rely so much on a guy who will be hurt when you need him, regardless of the talent there.

The decision would be a whole lot easier if the Bengals had taken Howard or Engram in the draft, or Hunter Henry the year before.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 02:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, Reed has missed a lot of games, but his are more nicks and such if I remember correctly. Hence the 17 games missed in his career so far to Eifert's 27. Eifert's future career seems iffy to me because he's constantly having some pretty serious injuries/surgeries. Same with Rob Gronkowski. I would be surprised if he is playing (or at least playing well) past his age 30 season.

Reed also has the same amount of TDs as Eifert, and almost 1,200 more yards in the same number of years. Even in Eifert's best season, he only averaged 47.3 yards/gm. Eifert is a total beast in the red zone, but not so much for the other 80 yards of the field. He falls in the same category as Burfict where it's hard to want to rely so much on a guy who will be hurt when you need him, regardless of the talent there.

The decision would be a whole lot easier if the Bengals had taken Howard or Engram in the draft, or Hunter Henry the year before.

Yea I didn't expect the Bengals to 1) trade back to get another pick in the 4th round, and 2) I didn't expect them to take another WR after taking Ross in round 1.
Everyone knows I was a huge fan of Ross, but I was also a huge fan of Howard.
I just imagine getting Howard in Rd 1 and Malone in Rd 4.

This upcoming draft has some TEs that are more what the Bengals prefer though, which is a more complete TE that has proven blocking ability yet shouldn't have more than one go in the first round. Specifically, Troy Fumagalli, Mike Gesicki, or Mark Andrews in Rd 2 or 3 (although Andrews is more receiver than blocker, but still ideal size).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote