Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Only Scouts at Prodays
(03-12-2020, 03:09 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's smart to routinely keep stock. All of the clowns who laugh when they find out you keep a stock in case of emergencies are the one's cleaning out Costco's and Sam's Clubs right now. And when this crap passes (it will pass coincidentally after election time), they will go back to their happy go lucky lives and act like they never feared the virus lol.

You know it brother.
Reply/Quote
Of bigger concern, will this impact visits from free agency? and if so, how will that impact potential signings especially for a team and coaching staff that needs to do a great selling job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 04:22 PM)pally Wrote: Of bigger concern, will this impact visits from free agency?  and if so, how will that impact potential signings especially for a team and coaching staff that needs to do a great selling job

Great question.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 04:22 PM)pally Wrote: Of bigger concern, will this impact visits from free agency?  and if so, how will that impact potential signings especially for a team and coaching staff that needs to do a great selling job

cba will impact that too...

I think for most free agents there is enough film on them for the coaches to see.  they just wont get the private workout... Now guys that are coming back from injury I'd have to say they will probly suffer the most out of this..

That is if free agency starts as planned which it probly will not at this point
Reply/Quote
K2020.. Hey, we may be all wrong and it fizzles out, but we may be all right and millions die. By all means feel free to run around shaking hands with as many strangers as you want and hang out in hospital emergency rooms if you like, but that isn't going to kill the panic millions of people are feeling as I type this.
Right now we're facing a very real possibility of economic collapse the likes of which few people have even faint memories of from the great depression. If that happens, and I'm not predicting it will it'll be no consolation to tell us it was no big deal. Your very livelihood and maybe even your life may depend on how you act in the coming weeks, months and years. Nobody gets a grand prize for being the most smug during a crisis.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 06:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: K2020.. Hey, we may be all wrong and it fizzles out, but we may be all right and millions die. By all means feel free to run around shaking hands with as many strangers as you want and hang out in hospital emergency rooms if you like, but that isn't going to kill the panic millions of people are feeling as I type this.
Right now we're facing a very real possibility of economic collapse the likes of which few people have even faint memories of from the great depression. If that happens, and I'm not predicting it will it'll be no consolation to tell us it was no big deal. Your very livelihood and maybe even your life may depend on how you act in the coming weeks, months and years. Nobody gets a grand prize for being the most smug during a crisis.

Sorry Gramps for your loss.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have heard the exact opposite on the mortality rate.

How many Americans died from the coronavirus last week?

How many Americans died from the flu last week?

I bet more Americans died from the flu. You just don't hear about it.

This. And what does buying tons of toilet paper n water have to do with Corona virus prep. Fml. Have you seen the people waiting in line for hours at Costco. They are very special people.
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder to keep discussion of the covid-19 situation limited to how it is affecting the sport that brings us all to these boards. If you want to interject how it is effecting society or the political implications, there are several threads on the topic in the P&R forum.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 01:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This.  And what does buying tons of toilet paper n water have to do with Corona virus prep.  Fml.  Have you seen the people waiting in line for hours at Costco. They are very special people.

bottled water okay....  But yeah TP I get it doesn't go bad... But if you wanna stock up on something make it something you can eat... lol.

I was walking around the store yesterday pretending I was the great cornholio.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 10:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: bottled water okay....  But yeah TP I get it doesn't go bad... But if you wanna stock up on something make it something you can eat... lol.

I was walking around the store yesterday pretending I was the great cornholio.

Not sure why people think tap water is going to shut off..... if it gets to that point, I'll just filter water from a stream.
Reply/Quote
Bengals staff will work from home next week.

MB counting penny's saved on electricity.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Uh oh.

Our scouting department just got cut in half.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 01:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This.  And what does buying tons of toilet paper n water have to do with Corona virus prep.  Fml.  Have you seen the people waiting in line for hours at Costco. They are very special people.

Probably the closest thing to the Zombie Apocalypse I'll see in my lifetime. 

Hope the Brown family doesnt go into ultra conservative mode right before this big FA we are all expecting lol.
Reply/Quote
NFL shuts down pre draft visits and travel indefinitely. Draft prospects may be selected sight unseen in person. It does make the Seniorbowl opportunity look great.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/13/nfl-shuts-down-pre-draft-travel-and-pre-draft-visits/

Once again we may have a new franchise qb coming in under lockout conditions if they cancel offseason workouts and ota's, camps.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 09:33 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Probably the closest thing to the Zombie Apocalypse I'll see in my lifetime. 

Hope the Brown family doesnt go into ultra conservative mode right before this big FA we are all expecting lol.

I would buy low right now, it is the time to pounce.

If I knew anything about the stock market I would of bought up a lot of cheap stocks a couple days ago.

Zombie Apocalypse lol

Made me laugh out loud. Good stuff Bengaloo. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: this spreads far quicker and has a higher fatality rate than the Flu.

Downplaying it is how we got where we are today.

If we would have taken it seriously in December our path wouldn't be on the same trajectory as Italy's.

Now we are facing the possibility of pushing back free agency, cancelling the draft, and pushing back the start of the NFL season.

Only the Chinese knew about it back in Dec. The Chinese doctor who posted about it on a forum received a visit from the commie party the next day, was arrested and had to sign a statement that he was mistaken. Later he died.

This whole thing will be over in a couple of months.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 04:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Only the Chinese knew about it back in Dec. The Chinese doctor who posted about it on a forum received a visit from the commie party the next day, was arrested and had to sign a statement that he was mistaken. Later he died.

This whole thing will be over in a couple of months.

I've known about it since January... It was being blown off still this past Tuesday. No excuse.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: NFL shuts down pre draft visits and travel indefinitely. Draft prospects may be selected sight unseen in person. It does make the Seniorbowl opportunity look great.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/13/nfl-shuts-down-pre-draft-travel-and-pre-draft-visits/

Once again we may have a new franchise qb coming in under lockout conditions if they cancel offseason workouts and ota's, camps.
That's fine by me, 2011 all over again!

New QB, 5 straight seasons of playoffs.

The only thing different is this new QB seems to shine under bright lights and pressure...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 04:52 PM)jason Wrote: I've known about it since January... It was being blown off still this past Tuesday. No excuse.

I haven't seen it being blown off at all. All I see is it being blown way out of proportion.

Stop! don't do anything! Don't go to work! Don't go outside! Don't produce anything! Buy all the toilet paper!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I haven't seen it being blown off at all. All I see is it being blown way out of proportion.

Stop! don't do anything! Don't go to work! Don't go outside! Don't produce anything! Buy all the toilet paper!

I see what you see Chris. Mellow
Reply/Quote