Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
It's official.

Let the complaints about our FO begin. He's not going to a contender. I can't respect that. But wish him well.

Ced has to step up. No other choice now. This isn't the draft to replace Whit. You knew he was gone yesterday when reports stated how the Bengals tried to undermine him at combine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I want to read it from an actual news source.
Reply/Quote
3 years $36m with $15m guaranteed. Holy smokes, I'm almost not upset.
Reply/Quote
That's insane.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:30 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I want to read it from an actual news source.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Apparently winning wasn't as a high a priority as he made it out to be. Can't hate the guy for taking the big money though.
Reply/Quote
Ok. Now the Bengals have money for Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame him for taking that deal one bit. Best of luck to a great Bengal and a great man.

Now.... Pay Zeitler
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:31 AM)NKYRob Wrote:
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:31 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ok. Now the Bengals have money for Zeitler.

Zeitler is headed to Browns. 30m guaranteed.

Our 15m budget just couldn't compete.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: Zeitler is headed to Browns. 30m guaranteed.

Our 15m budget just couldn't compete.

Source??
Reply/Quote
Sucks to see him go. He was underrated for way too long but I am glad to see him get his money. This is the last contract he will sign and he should get as much as he can before he retires. I just think this was too much for the Bengals to beat.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:30 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I want to read it from an actual news source.

From Whit's reps:

Man, very disappointing!
Reply/Quote
That is a lot of money but going to the Rams......that says a lot about what he thought the Bengals chances were to win this year....says might as well get paid if I am not going to win...unreal day to be a Bengal fan. It should have never gotten to this point with Whit. Drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher is going to set this team back a good 5 years minimum.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:30 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: 3 years $36m with $15m guaranteed. Holy smokes, I'm almost not upset.

For a 35 year old  WOW....  hes good I know I love whit but at any point he could reach that cliff edge.

Only way I can understand this is Whit getting one last big Pay Day before retirement.   I figured we have paid him very well over the years and he wouldn't need to do that.

Sad he will never get a chance to get his ring.

Wish you the best Whit...  But if big pay day is what you were after you know it was gonna come from a team that wasn't in the hunt.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Whit's reps:

Frame work deal... So nothing signed.
Reply/Quote
In that case, might want to hold onto McCarron. We might see Dalton get murdered on the field by opposing DE's.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Frame work deal... So nothing signed.

The Rams don't have Mike Brown in their front office. Very doubtful they Warren Sapp/Shaun Rogers this up.
Reply/Quote
Welp, I hope the games this brain trust colluded with Dehner to play at the combine taught them something.

I guess we all get another year to re-learn what a bust Ogbuehi is, just in case it didn't sink in last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Frame work deal... So nothing signed.

Anything's possible, but I doubt his agents would announce this if they weren't sure it's a done deal.
Reply/Quote