Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So Far So Good
anybody who thinks the bengals front office has been outstanding the past few seasons is just a homer
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:48 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I thought you were talking about the coaching staff and management.

We wish...... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:56 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: anybody who thinks the bengals front office has been outstanding the past few seasons is just a homer

I wouldn't say they have been outstanding, but I will say that our FO has done really well.

I think a lot of people are overreacting to the loss in FAs and recent drafts. 

Last offseason was a bummer. We focused on keeping Marvin Jones and even matched the offer by Detroit, but he preferred to be a #1 WR. I would have liked the Bengals to do what Pittsburgh did with the Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown situation, and offer Sanu a similar contract so he could stick around. I would have also liked the Bengals to have made a harder push to keep Hue Jackson, but again, it seems like Hue wanted to leave and he his own thing like Marvin Jones did.

Also, the last draft was a bummer too. But I don't blame Cincy for not moving up to take a WR. It was unfortunate that all round 1 WRs were taken, but I am excited to see what WJIII can do. 

I don't have any issues with what has happened this offseason either. Paying 3 years for a 35-year-old LT is not something that normally pans out. Also, no way would I ever get on board with paying a guard to be the highest paid guard in football. The Bengals made offers to these players, so it's not like they didn't try. It's just that someone offered more.

Finally, there has been no extension announced yet for Marvin Lewis. That has to be the best offseason move so far.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Its obviously you got on here to complain and nothing anyone says will sway you.  You want to overpay for players and I don't its that simple.  If they paid 13m for KZ it would have been one of the worst financial decisions this team has ever made and we have to live with it for 5 years.  I loved Whit and Z, but its simply not reasonable to expect our team to overpay when you have teams like the Browns with 100 million in cap that can overpay.  We simply have to address these losses the best we can and shift that money to players who improve our team and draft well.  

You have to protect your franchise.  Dalton is our franchise.  We have absolutely no even remotely reliable prospect to play left tackle on the roster.   Z I can see letting go.  I hate to, but that I can see.   You franchise Whit and start taking measures to get something more reliable in place.  Maybe Og shows.  But the odds are against it.

Stupid to put your team in this predicament.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:51 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I wouldn't say they have been outstanding, but I will say that our FO has done really well.

I think a lot of people are overreacting to the loss in FAs and recent drafts. 

Last offseason was a bummer. We focused on keeping Marvin Jones and even matched the offer by Detroit, but he preferred to be a #1 WR. I would have liked the Bengals to do what Pittsburgh did with the Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown situation, and offer Sanu a similar contract so he could stick around. I would have also liked the Bengals to have made a harder push to keep Hue Jackson, but again, it seems like Hue wanted to leave and he his own thing like Marvin Jones did.

Also, the last draft was a bummer too. But I don't blame Cincy for not moving up to take a WR. It was unfortunate that all round 1 WRs were taken, but I am excited to see what WJIII can do. 

I don't have any issues with what has happened this offseason either. Paying 3 years for a 35-year-old LT is not something that normally pans out. Also, no way would I ever get on board with paying a guard to be the highest paid guard in football. The Bengals made offers to these players, so it's not like they didn't try. It's just that someone offered more.

Finally, there has been no extension announced yet for Marvin Lewis. That has to be the best offseason move so far.

I think people with this mindset are missing some pretty valid points.  You had a chance to ink the guys you lost via extensions for most likely decent deals LONG before it came to this point.  What did they do?  Sit on their hands and hope for a CHEAPER deal....Son of Paul way.  They most certainly DID NOT make an offer to Kevin Zeitler, there are links to that fact on this forum.  Don't drink Hobspin's Kool Aide my friend, this shit has been going on for 26 years....the only reason they've even fielded somewhat competitive teams is because the salary floor was implemented with an eye firmly gazed at Mike Clown.  Then, they go out and overpay for a mediocre CB to try and appease the fanbase.  Sorry, I ain't buyin that shit anymore....don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.  Unless they make some moves, and make them quickly before what's left of the already mediocre talent at OL in this FA is gone, I don't see this as anything but an abject failure.

It won't matter if Marv is gone or not.  Piano Man will still be here, and the same clowns will be running the show.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:03 PM)3wt Wrote: You have to protect your franchise.  Dalton is our franchise.  We have absolutely no even remotely reliable prospect to play left tackle on the roster.   Z I can see letting go.  I hate to, but that I can see.   You franchise Whit and start taking measures to get something more reliable in place.  Maybe Og shows.  But the odds are against it.

Stupid to put your team in this predicament.

I can't, and I'll tell you why.  He should have been extended with a moderately aggressive deal before DeCastro re-signed.  After all, weren't we told he was one we would have to extend as a reason we couldn't spend in FA a few years ago?

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think people with this mindset are missing some pretty valid points.  You had a chance to ink the guys you lost via extensions for most likely decent deals LONG before it came to this point.  What did they do?  Sit on their hands and hope for a CHEAPER deal....Son of Paul way.  They most certainly DID NOT make an offer to Kevin Zeitler, there are links to that fact on this forum.  Don't drink Hobspin's Kool Aide my friend, this shit has been going on for 26 years....the only reason they've even fielded somewhat competitive teams is because the salary floor was implemented with an eye firmly gazed at Mike Clown.  Then, they go out and overpay for a mediocre CB to try and appease the fanbase.  Sorry, I ain't buyin that shit anymore....don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.  Unless they make some moves, and make them quickly before what's left of the already mediocre talent at OL in this FA is gone, I don't see this as anything but an abject failure.

It won't matter if Marv is gone or not.  Piano Man will still be here, and the same clowns will be running the show.

Yeah, I think it was a cascade of questionable decision-making.  If they negotiate in good faith last year instead of low balling Zeitler to start last year (though I can't confirm this) and then not even making an offer this year you lose one of the better guards in the NFL.  I am amazed at the number of people on these boards that think he's mediocre or less.  One guy who feels that way asked if people had watched his film.  I did.  He's an excellent guard.  Gave up one sack last year.   I can't help but wonder if we shoved Z into the "it's a business, I'm going to get the best deal possible " mode by making disrespectful offers.  By the way he's a better guard than Steinbach.  Steinbach could be bull rushed, Z does not get bull rushed.  The only times Z had bad games were when he was injured - or was compensating for the dumpster fires on either side of him.

Then you franchise Whit while you maneuver yourself into a more favorable position for your squad and QB.

I will be shocked if they don't have a similar year this year - or worse than last year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:24 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, I think it was a cascade of questionable decision-making.  If they negotiate in good faith last year instead of low balling Zeitler to start last year (though I can't confirm this) and then not even making an offer this year you lose one of the better guards in the NFL.  I am amazed at the number of people on these boards that think he's mediocre or less.  One guy who feels that way asked if people had watched his film.  I did.  He's an excellent guard.  Gave up one sack last year.   I can't help but wonder if we shoved Z into the "it's a business, I'm going to get the best deal possible " mode by making disrespectful offers.  By the way he's a better guard than Steinbach.  Steinbach could be bull rushed, Z does not get bull rushed.  The only times Z had bad games were when he was injured - or was compensating for the dumpster fires on either side of him.

Then you franchise Whit while you maneuver yourself into a more favorable position for your squad and QB.

I will be shocked if they don't have a similar year this year - or worse than last year. 

That's exactly right 3.

Reply/Quote