[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Poor Andy.
Reply/Quote
So.....

Now we have the money to pay Zeitler, right?

Right?

RIGHT???????

I won't hold my breath on this one happening either.
Reply/Quote
I expected something like this to happen when it sounded like the Bengals were all of a sudden making a "serious push" for DK.
You don't make a push for DK unless Whitworth is likely leaving.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pretty disappointing/funny he isn't at least going to a winner. Can't say I respect that but it's his choice.

Willing to bet we sign a cheaper vet tackle if Whit walks.
Reply/Quote
Yayyy. A 3rd round Comp pick next year!! Maybe.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:42 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yayyy. A 3rd round Comp pick next year!! Maybe.

Whit's a 10+ guy, so I believe the max is a 5th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:41 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Pretty disappointing/funny he isn't at least going to a winner. Can't say I respect that but it's his choice.

Willing to bet we sign a cheaper vet tackle if Whit walks.

I think DJ fluker. Former first round pick who has played good not great.  Cut by chargers so doesn't count against the comp picks.  Then when Zietler leaves they go after mangold (teams have asked him if he would switch to guard)
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:44 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Whit's a 10+ guy, so I believe the max is a 5th rounder.

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the correction.

Yayyy. A 5th round comp pick!!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:44 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Whit's a 10+ guy, so I believe the max is a 5th rounder.

That. - and the contract isn't big enough.  Glennon, Gilmore,Alshon, desean Jackson, etc will all be signed to larger contracts (most likely)
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Apparently winning wasn't as a high a priority as he made it out to be. Can't hate the guy for taking the big money though.

I would argue that the Rams have much more young talent than the Bengals.

Gurley at RB. Their defense is loaded.

They need help at WR.
Reply/Quote
Better be giving Zietler whatever he wants, or the Bengals have absolutely no Oline next year.
Reply/Quote
Anger and lost season aside, you have to think that this team is obligated to sign at least one free agent OT at this point. We have 2 on the roster (that thus far suck). We may draft 1 from the weak class, but that really still leaves one hole since they typically carry 4. May be interesting to see what happens.

I'd be less surprised to see a free agent OT brought in than to see Zeitler re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the Rams have much more young talent than the Bengals.

They need help at WR.

They haven't been competitive in a decade. Their HB was a shell of himself last year. Their rookie QB looked lost and they lost their best WR. They are considering trading their franchise tagged CB. They are not winning anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Frame work deal... So nothing signed.

It can't be signed until 4pm. It's a done-deal.
Reply/Quote
Man, talk about overpaying, 3yr/36 million, 15 million guaranteed for a 35 year old. Good for Whit though on getting a nice pay day.

Best of luck #77. A Bengal great
Reply/Quote
Piano man is going to march an alternative line onto the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:47 AM)samhain Wrote: Anger and lost season aside, you have to think that this team is obligated to sign at least one free agent OT at this point.  We have 2 on the roster (that thus far suck).  We may draft 1 from the weak class, but that really still leaves one hole since they typically carry 4.  May be interesting to see what happens.  

I'd be less surprised to see a free agent OT brought in than to see Zeitler re-signed.

We've stepped up negotiations with Winston.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the Rams have much more young talent than the Bengals.

They need help at WR.

Young doesn't mean anything. They had the worst offense in the league last season.
Reply/Quote
Now hoping the Bengals pull a fast one and get Russell Okung. Not as good as Whit, but better than Ogbuehi and only 29 years old. Should still have at least 2-3 solid years left in him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote