Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
At least Andrew Whitworth will get to go into the Hall of Fame as a Bengal, not as a Ram.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think DJ fluker. Former first round pick who has played good not great.  Cut by chargers so doesn't count against the comp picks.  Then when Zietler leaves they go after mangold (teams have asked him if he would switch to guard)

Agreed I think Fluker is a realistic option and one I wouldn't mind too much. He's no Whit though.
Reply/Quote
It looks like the Bengals plan to convince other teams that Whit was re-signing didn't quite work.

No need to worry though, because Marvin said the O-line isn't a concern.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: They haven't been competitive in a decade. Their HB was a shell of himself last year. Their rookie QB looked lost and they lost their best WR. They are considering trading their franchise tagged CB. They are not winning anytime soon.

The offensive line was their issue. This helps big-time.

I'll say this...the Rams are closer to winning than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping piano man can teach Ced how to play football in time for week one.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offensive line was their issue. This helps big-time.

I'll say this...the Rams are closer to winning than the Bengals.

Disagree, Goff is not good and is years away from being on a competitive team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Now hoping the Bengals pull a fast one and get Russell Okung. Not as good as Whit, but better than Ogbuehi and only 29 years old. Should still have at least 2-3 solid years left in him.

Probably not happening since he (according to Jim O) is not considered a true cut player due to his contract terms, which were poorly negotiated without an agent.  I'd say our only real candidate is DJ Fluker for a mid tier guy.  For Bengal tier trash bin guys, we have Andre Smith and Eric Winston, who are probably more likely.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At least Andrew Whitworth will get to go into the Hall of Fame as a Bengal, not as a Ram.

Hall of fame?  Had he been on another team win a major market... Maybe.  But not bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's official.

Let the complaints about our FO begin. He's not going to a contender. I can't respect that. But wish him well.

Ced has to step up. No other choice now. This isn't the draft to replace Whit. You knew he was gone yesterday when reports stated how the Bengals tried to undermine him at combine.

Geez.  Did he think the LA stood for Louisiana?  

I think this is a somewhat middle finger for the Bengals draft two tackles two years ago.  He wasn't happy about it then.  Better go after a Riley Reiff or some other FA....I don't see a starter in the draft.

Groan.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the Rams have much more young talent than the Bengals.

Gurley at RB. Their defense is loaded.

They need help at WR.

They don't have a QB. Those are kinda important in the NFL. By the time Goff is ready (if he ever is) Whit will be gone. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Disagree, Goff is not good and is years away from being on a competitive team.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

The Rams actually go out and sign free agents too. Just watch...they'll improve now that Fisher is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:31 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ok. Now the Bengals have money for Zeitler.

Can he play LT?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Probably not happening since he (according to Jim O) is not considered a true cut player due to his contract terms, which were poorly negotiated without an agent.  I'd say our only real candidate is DJ Fluker for a mid tier guy.  For Bengal tier trash bin guys, we have Andre Smith and Eric Winston, who are probably more likely.

I could see a Kelvin Beachum or a Ryan Clady as options.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious   What a shit show. I can only assume they low balled him in typical Bengals Lawyerball fashion. Better break the bank on Z.

Good luck Andy hiding behind your 1 functional olineman
[Image: HIDING-BEHIND-A-TREE,+hiding.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At least Andrew Whitworth will get to go into the Hall of Fame as a Bengal, not as a Ram.

Honestly...I'm not sure he will be a HOF player because he played here. 3 Pro Bowls?

Now, you and I know he should be in the HOF. But, he played for one of the lowest profile franchises in the NFL. If he played for the Cowboys or Steelers he'd be in for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Probably not happening since he (according to Jim O) is not considered a true cut player due to his contract terms, which were poorly negotiated without an agent.  I'd say our only real candidate is DJ Fluker for a mid tier guy.  For Bengal tier trash bin guys, we have Andre Smith and Eric Winston, who are probably more likely.

If the Bengals end up drafting OT or CB in the first round again.....I swear... Rant
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

The Rams actually go out and sign free agents too. Just watch...they'll improve now that Fisher is gone.

QB is king, theirs is garbage, they have 0 shot with Goff leading that team.
Reply/Quote
This is the biggest middle finger to the team since Marvin wasn't fired in 2010.
Reply/Quote
I figured some team would add a 3rd year to get Whitworth. There's no way the Bengals would do that for a 35 year old.
Reply/Quote
And Zeitler will probably get away too.

This is a shit show.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote