Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
Rams are on the rise. Bengals are on the decline. Young talent vs. old talent. 21st century HC vs 20th century HC. FO willing to spend cap vs FO willing to spend 1/3 cap. It's just the fan in us that wants to act as though the Bengals were a better option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

The Rams actually go out and sign free agents too. Just watch...they'll improve now that Fisher is gone.

Are you a Rams fan too?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: I could see a Kelvin Beachum or a Ryan Clady as options.

Yeah, quite possible.  Maybe Luke Joeckel.  He's not a cut player, but he is garbage and he did play for A&M, so we could start collecting those guys just for fun, lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the Rams have much more young talent than the Bengals.

Gurley at RB. Their defense is loaded.

They need help at WR.

You would argue ineffectively...they have nowhere near the talent.  They also have crap at QB, WR, TE, and most of their offensive line.  4 win team, max.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:56 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, quite possible.  Maybe Luke Joeckel.  He's not a cut player, but he is garbage and he did play for A&M, so we could start collecting those guys just for fun, lol.

If Clady could stay healthy he would actually be a solid option, it's a big if but we are in gamble mode now.
Reply/Quote
Well I guess my credibility is higher than Paul Dehner. It hurts losing him, but Im happy for him and his family. Buckle in guys because the Bengals aren't going to pay 12m for a guard and Z is about to be the highest paid guard in the nfl.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Rams are on the rise. Bengals are on the decline. Young talent vs. old talent. 21st century HC vs 20th century HC.  FO willing to spend cap vs FO willing to spend 1/3 cap.  It's just the fan in us that want's to act as though the Bengals were a better option.

Or it's just the bias against the FO that makes you think the Rams are a better option. LOL

Name any of the teams that went to the playoffs last season and that's something but the Rams? I can't even take that seriously.

I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing if he went to Cleveland too.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: QB is king, theirs is garbage, they have 0 shot with Goff leading that team.

I thought he looked bad on hard knocks too...but he was the 1st overall pick for a reason. Time will tell.

You can try to convince me all day that the Rams are bad...but roster for roster...top to bottom...they have as talented or more talent than the Bengals.

They have probably the best defensive line in football. They have a good LB group lead by Ogletree. Their defensive backs are good. Gurley is an explosive runner.

QB is a questionmark. Offensive line...but adding Whitworth will help A LOT. Also they need a #1 WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...I'm not sure he will be a HOF player because he played here. 3 Pro Bowls?

Now, you and I know he should be in the HOF. But, he played for one of the lowest profile franchises in the NFL. If he played for the Cowboys or Steelers he'd be in for sure.

Yeah, Whitworth is not going to Canton 

He is however a Bengals HOF. Ya know, if we had one or anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll say this...the Rams are closer to winning than the Bengals.

No they're not. 

Reply/Quote
Looking forward to the Hobson's "Bengals made a comparable offer to Whitworth" article.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can he play LT?

No but he has given up 1 sack in the last two years, and earned his Run Blocking chops in Wisconsin.

So by simple mathematical analysis I would rather have 4 lumps of crap, then 5 lumps.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...I'm not sure he will be a HOF player because he played here. 3 Pro Bowls?

Now, you and I know he should be in the HOF. But, he played for one of the lowest profile franchises in the NFL. If he played for the Cowboys or Steelers he'd be in for sure.

I'm not happy. I'm happy for Andrew because he'll finish his career on an up and coming team in a YUGE market making big money but I'm upset the Front Office didn't even try. For all their talk of loyalty to players, well, it's a lie. They are not loyal to the best players, just the reasonably priced players. Why does Mike Brown still act like his team is the only one in the NFL operating under a salary cap?
Reply/Quote
Notice how teams identify a target in free agency that they want and go out and get them the 1st day.

The Bengals seldom do that with external free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You would argue ineffectively...they have nowhere near the talent.  They also have crap at QB, WR, TE, and most of their offensive line.  4 win team, max.  

Fans of a 6 win team on the decline has a lot of nerve slamming a 4 win team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Frame work deal... So nothing signed.

I don't think any actual signings can occur until 4PM today.

Will Mike Brown wake up out of his stupor to fix the Bengals offer?

Ah, I know just a wishful thought.

Reply/Quote
If this ends up happening I'm glad the Bengals didn't resign him. Don't get me wrong, I love Whit and think he's the 2nd best Bengals Olineman of all time, but a three year contract for a 35 year old at that price is just too much of a coin-toss. They drafted Og-booty and Fisher with a look to the future, and now its time for those two to sink or swim. They'll no doubt sign a vet as insurance. I am like the rest of you in that I'm not comfortable going into next season with Og-booty as our LT, but it had to happen at some point, why not now? Worst-case scenario, he is just as bad at LT as he is at RT (hopefully he's benched MUCH sooner if this happens, I DO want Andy to see his kids grow up). Best-case...he becomes what he was drafted for, a first-round talent that anchors the left side for many years.

Also, for a man so entrenched in the Cincinnati community, its VERY surprising to me he'd sign with a team thousands of miles away. A team who's FO is worse than the Brown family, IMO.
Reply/Quote
We're so screwed.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Fans of a 6 win team on the decline has a lot of nerve slamming a 4 win team.

No.

The Rams haven't been to the post-season since 2004.

There is no evidence they are on the rise either.

Why would you throw so much baseless non-sense out there to bash your own team? LOL

It makes you look bad.
Reply/Quote
Whit probably made the decision to walk the instant both Ced and Fisher were drafted. You could tell he felt disrespected by this organization.
Reply/Quote