Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am at a loss of words for Joe Burrow.
Truly an inspiration to his team and fans:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-bengals-joe-burrow-returns-to-the-grind-less-than-two-weeks-after-his-first-super-bowl-appearance/?fbclid=IwAR2M8TGNr5FgnWfVfAY7MhnIKcMUsAVlp085L4Vynmh5d5iRJYmw7qs8ZQw
Reply/Quote
Did you link the right story?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What does the linked article have to do with Joe Burrow?

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 08:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Did you link the right story?

My sincere apologies. Here is what I wanted to post:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-bengals-joe-burrow-returns-to-the-grind-less-than-two-weeks-after-his-first-super-bowl-appearance/?fbclid=IwAR2M8TGNr5FgnWfVfAY7MhnIKcMUsAVlp085L4Vynmh5d5iRJYmw7qs8ZQw
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does the linked article have to do with Joe Burrow?

I am an idiot. So sorry. I posted the wrong article. Here is the one I meant to post:
Reply/Quote
Burrow with a real offseason = the rest of the league on notice.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:03 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: My sincere apologies. Here is what I wanted to post:

Sounds like Kobe Bryant or Jerry Rice. He wants to be great.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like Kobe Bryant or Jerry Rice. He wants to be great.

I've always felt that he reminds me of Larry Bird's drive and tenacity more than just about anybody else I've seen since Bird retired. He looks for reasons to be motivated.

Note: I ***** hated Larry Bird. I'm a Sixers fan and I watched that man cut out my heart multiple times per year for a dozen years. Like Jordan, I was glad when he retired, but I can't deny greatness when I see it and Burrow has many of the same traits.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He's having to rehab his knee again. It's actually not a good thing right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man, rehabbing a knee each off-season would probably get old real quick.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Protect my QB in 2022.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 11:58 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Protect my QB in 2022.

^^^ This please.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I've always felt that he reminds me of Larry Bird's drive and tenacity more than just about anybody else I've seen since Bird retired. He looks for reasons to be motivated.

Note: I ***** hated Larry Bird. I'm a Sixers fan and I watched that man cut out my heart multiple times per year for a dozen years. Like Jordan, I was glad when he retired, but I can't deny greatness when I see it and Burrow has many of the same traits.

I feel ya on Jordan and Bird. They always invented motivation. Which kinda reminds me of how Chase was still bringing up the drop criticism before the Super Bowl.

With Kobe and Rice, I was specifically referring to going to work immediately after a championship game. Kobe famously was in the gym immediately after losing to the Celtics in the Finals. Jerry Rice would be on the field working immediately after *winning* the Super Bowl.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 05:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's having to rehab his knee again. It's actually not a good thing right now.

He’s out there playing golf. That’s a pretty good sign.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 04:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya on Jordan and Bird. They always invented motivation. Which kinda reminds me of how Chase was still bringing up the drop criticism before the Super Bowl.

With Kobe and Rice, I was specifically referring to going to work immediately after a championship game. Kobe famously was in the gym immediately after losing to the Celtics in the Finals. Jerry Rice would be on the field working immediately after *winning* the Super Bowl.

Young Kobe had a terrible finals performance, I think people only remember because of YouTube. Air-balling 3 pointer after 3 pointer in the Finals. After that loss, Shaq pulled him aside on the court and said one day people are going to fear you taking those shots.

No way we saw the best of Joe Burrow yet. Burrow knew the offense needed work in the playoffs, even after winning the AFC-C game to get to the superbowl he immediately was talking about how the offense could play better. He did this in college too when they won by 50 points and he was talking in the locker room about how they left points on the board and their redzone conversion was bad.

Where some QBs have the arm and athleticism to make up for everything else, Burrow seems to have "everything else" already.

I think we can see the invented motivation, he might not mention the pro-bowl snub meaning anything but it probably motivated him to try and win the super bowl. It's going to be different next time, it'll be interesting to see how he gets back there because the newness of the Bengals getting there will have worn off.

If the Bengals won that superbowl, he might have been the only QB who could have taken that team to the ring. Athletically, Mahomes, Josh Allen and Herbert might have been able to handle the abuse also but I don't think they have the rest of the intangibles - Mahomes gets frustrated when getting sacked a ton. I think Burrow (if he stays healthy!) will be in the league as long as he wants, 20 years.

I liken it to Tiger who was #1 and it wasn't even close and he decided to rework his swing. I think these people don't look behind them, they chase perfection. At some point in your old age you realize perfection isn't attainable, they don't know that yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Young Kobe had a terrible finals performance, I think people only remember because of YouTube. Air-balling 3 pointer after 3 pointer in the Finals. After that loss, Shaq pulled him aside on the court and said one day people are going to fear you taking those shots.

No way we saw the best of Joe Burrow yet. Burrow knew the offense needed work in the playoffs, even after winning the AFC-C game to get to the superbowl he immediately was talking about how the offense could play better. He did this in college too when they won by 50 points and he was talking in the locker room about how they left points on the board and their redzone conversion was bad.

Where some QBs have the arm and athleticism to make up for everything else, Burrow seems to have "everything else" already.

I think we can see the invented motivation, he might not mention the pro-bowl snub meaning anything but it probably motivated him to try and win the super bowl. It's going to be different next time, it'll be interesting to see how he gets back there because the newness of the Bengals getting there will have worn off.

If the Bengals won that superbowl, he might have been the only QB who could have taken that team to the ring. Athletically, Mahomes, Josh Allen and Herbert might have been able to handle the abuse also but I don't think they have the rest of the intangibles - Mahomes gets frustrated when getting sacked a ton. I think Burrow (if he stays healthy!) will be in the league as long as he wants, 20 years.

I liken it to Tiger who was #1 and it wasn't even close and he decided to rework his swing. I think these people don't look behind them, they chase perfection. At some point in your old age you realize perfection isn't attainable, they don't know that yet.

Not to be a stickler, but Kobe did that against the Utah Jazz before the Lakers had ever made the finals with he and Kobe. They pretty much steamrolled the Pacers during their first championship run.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 04:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya on Jordan and Bird. They always invented motivation. Which kinda reminds me of how Chase was still bringing up the drop criticism before the Super Bowl.

Ah, gotcha. I totally missed that reference.

I spent some time with some Cowboys fans this weekend that I hadn't spoken to in a few months. They aren't quite full fledged Joe Burrow fanboys, but they aren't far off. They are all very impressed. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 09:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ah, gotcha. I totally missed that reference.

I spent some time with some Cowboys fans this weekend that I hadn't spoken to in a few months. They aren't quite full fledged Joe Burrow fanboys, but they aren't far off. They are all very impressed. 

Hard not to appreciate his game.

The outfits make me cringe though, just to keep it a buck.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2022, 09:03 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: My sincere apologies. Here is what I wanted to post:

Thanks for this Chezaugie. Joe is right, we are a young team and should be back to the SB multiple times in the next 
few years as long as we solidify the O-line. No question that the Superbowl loss will be used as fuel for next season.

Bring back our own for the most part that were a big part of our success and improve the OL significantly and there 
is no other team I have above us going into next season. With our youth now getting experience in the big games we
can beat anybody. Our coaching under Zac and Lou finally came around last season and they should only get better in
implementing their systems after an extremely successful outing last season and in the Playoffs and SB.

We have plenty of Cap to do the things I spoke of too, I know I keep saying this, but no excuses. It is time.

We just got to the big show ahead of schedule as Shake N' Blake has been saying. 

The future is crazy bright. Have to put on my shades. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 09:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ah, gotcha. I totally missed that reference.

We've won the same amount of playoff games as them in the last 25 years. They are us now lol.
Reply/Quote