Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brent Suter. Best signing yet?
On Thursday, the Reds signed LH reliever Brent Suter, formerly of the Brewers and more recently the Rockies.

It seemed that they were about done with significant singings after the Montas deal, so this was a bit of a surprise.

Suter more or less projects as a LH Nick Martinez minus the starter potential, which isn't really the point anyway. He can eat a large volume of innings and doesn't give up a lot of home runs. He actually gave up zero at Coors last season. Reliable LH inning eater was the last piece needed IMO. The bullpen should be a strength in 2024 if guys maintain previous production.

I don't hate the other signings. I actually love the Martinez signing if he's strictly a bullpen asset. I dislike the buffoonery of him possibly being a starter with the number of young and talented arms already slated for the rotation. I think Pagan has the potential to be a fan whipping boy. Not sure how he does in a park like GABP. Candelario isn't a bad singing, but I would have rather had a true RH bat added in RF with that money. I view Jeimer as a player that's basically a Votto upgrade with more versatility and dependability. Montas is boom or bust. If he pans out, then this rotation looks really tough. I don't hate it.
Reply/Quote
Great

Because just like the starting rotation ran out of steam last season, so did the bullpen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote